IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

ofmg he actually pulled black lotus

i wonder how much that whole pack costed

what a luck

It says on his channel he had a box of unopened vintage boxes that got misplaced in a move and he found it last year! So he paid retail :)

oh so he got for free? wow, lucky bstrd

it's not even beta it's alpha, i can only imagine how much this shit costs. last alpha was around 30K if i remeber

No idea of the titles or eras of any of these tracks, but the whole shebang has been on random rotation on my iPod for days and I can't get enough of it. Am purposely holding off on this week's tracks until such a time as my brain is ready. Have also revisited ICBYD, AB3 and The Tuss album, all of which I bought at the time but for some reason didnt connect with in that moment. All great.

I do hope this might give a few other artists ideas, all the way up the tree. Since these dumps began I've bought two AFX things I'd either missed first time round or just fancied a bit now (SYRO on vinyl), so it evidently works as a promotional thing if nothing else. Big Beatles fan too, a few freebie bootlegs and I think I'd probably find myself buying that ridiculous mono vinyl box set.

you can see years in tracks description/comments page on sc if you wish, not all but many

*wow he quoted you as me for some reason

Edited by Mag

It may have been mentioned 234 pages back but I reckon the track "Sally vinago" is how the question "salt and vinegar?" Was asked at a fish and chip shop. Said fast it sounds like how it would be said it Dublin anyway.

it's actually sally vingoe, but maybe

I'm actually sally vingoe

Edited by Sally Vingoe

i really dig ab3, super cool release. hard to pin down the style.

yup, and noone seems to be talking about it like ever :sad: . It's of my favorite richards albums. It's not so complex but it has super atmosphere, rad tunes, melancholic & cute vibes, and cool art with bubbles, everything. The rest of ABBs dont even stand close, in my opinion. When i was younger and hitch-hiking all over the country .215061 (first track) was kinda a hymn of freedom for me. This hole dump makes me feel like on that summer road in 90s again, all by myself with afex in ears

offtopic

what a luck

It says on his channel he had a box of unopened vintage boxes that got misplaced in a move and he found it last year! So he paid retail :)

i think it must be it - it http://www.neostore.com/Alpha-Black-Lotus-PSA-DNA-Gem-Mint-10-p/1250.htm

going for $125K atm

this was probably the best day of his life, it's like finding unplayed CWLP and MFM LP in your closet, together

i wonder who will buy it tho

I mention how awesome I think AB3 is at every chance I get, love its fuzzy feel which is also present in tons of these Soundcloud tracks. But you're right, it doesn't come up here that often compared to say, Drukqs or the SAWs or whatever.

I was blasting these new tracks last night untill well after bedtime :p

The Saw 2 ones are my favourites of this mini-dump.

How have people been categorizing these btw?

I have been doing so by dump, as I now I have three folders for them.

It's like "Double-Christmas" every time there's a new track.

Feels like some of these must be some of his (RDJ) earliest recordins by the sound and feel.

These do show his older works in a new light as it reveals something of his choices about which to release or not, and alos much about the creative process behind them.

Off Topic:

Coming home from a Day's playing Vintage and Legacy to find more new RDJ, including several unreleased SAW 2 Tracks.

Just about the best feeling ever.

Thanks Rich :music:

Fancy avatar, did you see this?

Yea, pretty insane to think someone could actually open one in this day and age. That Lotus got a BGS 9.5 grading (don't ask me the subgrades), but I believe it to be priced somewhere in the $50k region.

I bought my first Lotus in 2k8 for around £570 (Unlimited), and the Beta in the picture last year for £3400.

It has some damage, but it still looks amazing and was a hell of a bargain.

i really dig ab3, super cool release. hard to pin down the style.

yup, and noone seems to be talking about it like ever :sad: . It's of my favorite richards albums. It's not so complex but it has super atmosphere, rad tunes, melancholic & cute vibes, and cool art with bubbles, everything. The rest of ABBs dont even stand close, in my opinion. When i was younger and hitch-hiking all over the country .215061 (first track) was kinda a hymn of freedom for me. This hole dump makes me feel like on that summer road in 90s again, all by myself with afex in ears

offtopic

what a luck

i think it must be it - it http://www.neostore.com/Alpha-Black-Lotus-PSA-DNA-Gem-Mint-10-p/1250.htm

going for $125K atm

this was probably the best day of his life, it's like finding unplayed CWLP and MFM LP in your closet, together

i wonder who will buy it tho

That Lotus is not the one opened in the video I'm afraid.

Edit: That Lotus is PSA graded, might only get a 9.0, or even 8.5 from BGS (as PSA do not consider Centering in their grade and their guidelines are far less strict than BGS).

It's a fine piece, for sure, but it'b be very hard to break $30k.

Edited by Sooks

Hello braindancers. I´ve been busy the last weeks, and haven´t had time to follow the thread. Can someone point me to the last upload of the soundcloud stuff? I only have the first 111 tracks before they were available in 320.

I've edited my old post with the download links again, all three archives are new uploads. Should be up to date now including new cover art and descriptions he added for a few of the earlier tracks. He could add/change some more stuff in the future so these might not be definitive, but it's basically a snapshot of my own collection's current state, so it's not much trouble to (re-)upload them again as need be.

Updated 25 February 2015

Tracks 1-112

Tracks 113-157

Tracks 158-175

I'm always visiting this Thread after a newly dump from Sir Richard, only to search for your new uploads. Thanks for all the effort, m8.

I'm repeating myself, but I would love Richard to drop the Q-Chastic tracks and AB6 track 1and more Sekonda cousins and maybe 101 Rainbows [the NOT Ambient mix] - if there is such a thing?k thnx bai

Woot 5 Scorrier. THANKS RICHARD!

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt?

why did i spend the last days wallowing in self pity when unbeknownst to me there was fresh afx???fxxxxxxxxxxxomg. :cattears:

*downloads*

thx to manmower!!!

btw im serios.

Edited by rst

Kinda off-topic, but does anyone know their way around iTunes enough to help a brother out?

I've got the entire Soundcloud collection in my library and I've made a playlist of all my favourite tracks, but for some reason, everything that isn't in a playlist has been greyed out. After I've listened to a 'grey' track, it immediately starts playing the black ones. It's a bit annoying 'cos sometimes I wanna listen to the whole thing without going back to iTunes after every track, and other times I just wanna indulge in the best shit, so I don't really want to delete the playlist either. Any ideas?

Hopefully this picture explains everything a little better...

34sgu9x.jpg

Official aphex soundcloud: 53,634 followers

user48736353001:53,545 followers

And counting.

I could've sworn the 'user' account had way more followers than the official one a couple of weeks back.

UnnnNNGGGGGGGGHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't visit WATMM for a day or two and come back to see both RDJ and Mike P have taken more dumps onto the cloud of sound

THERE ARE NO WORDS - HEAVENS TAKE ME NOW PLZ

Mike P too??? I have been out of it. I am so in the 90s vibe because of all this. Revisiting Cylob, 90s Autechre, Bochum Welt etc etc. Such inspired times.