IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

That detuned descending tune in "custom break acid" sounds very familiar, but with so much to digest musically lately I can't place it. Anyone?

that might be my favorite bit of this whole batch right there. agree it's familiar

QUILAT SPRING 1 outtake reaaaaalllllly sounds like him... I'm not getting the feeling from the others, though.

I don't know, I'm hearing some synths off syro in shinigai funk before the 3rd act. not sure which one, but you'll recognize the sound. also referring to tuss in a couple of tracks. I'm going through more tracks. But this kat got skills.

And really, there's some stuff on Rich's soundcloud that don't sound aphexian at all but are.

Mike & Rich collab shit?

Thought that too but would have been outted by now no?

Something is up with this account. Pro user/ #afx #tom/ most everything started 3 months to now coinciding with richs dump...

I mean shit, listen to tomi jen Quinn +son. There's some trickery up in here. something...

ten ton fenix 9. get the fuck out this ain't him...

Edited by olo

That detuned descending tune in "custom break acid" sounds very familiar, but with so much to digest musically lately I can't place it. Anyone?

that might be my favorite bit of this whole batch right there. agree it's familiar

it was played live, melbourne i think? yes.

comments on 9vcoff echoplex

1990 (i fink)
1st (probably) physical manipulation experiment
VCO, VCF, Tape, Scissors, real chorus/phasing effects, Echoplex and random radio sample on MPC60 added years later
Unreleased for a reason, should be more of these.
Tis funny how tape hiss was normal yet undesirable//today abnormal and desirable

user 0000008673 has got to be rich & friends.

it was played live, melbourne i think? yes.

Nice find! But I think it reminds me of something else too...I'll find it eventually, I'm sure it's something recent.

I think I might have been thinking of parts of VBS.Redlof.B from the Analords. There's bits in there that have some similarities, though they are completely different tunes. Maybe something else in the Analords that's even more similar, I'll have to do some re-listening I think.

my goodness 24 tsim at the 2 min mark is so much fun. has he ever played this live? place musta gone BONKERS. i'm going bonkers and it's probably 15 years later and i'm sitting at my desk :)

Guest rd1994

did you guys catch that comment about that windowlicker intro. That he made it himself(and not like some people thought by Luke) and that he either has it and will upload or chris still has it.

did you guys catch that comment about that windowlicker intro. That he made it himself(and not like some people thought by Luke) and that he either has it and will upload or chris still has it.

Someone tell him to call his doppelgänger Chris and get that tape back...oh and brainstorm a new video while he's at it ;)

He just posted this on the main page:

ALso thanks to all the AMAZING gig offers you have been chucking at me, I just can't play any gigs for the time being though... Epic shout out's to Terrance mckenna, Robert Anton Wilson Alan watts!

Think he hasn't enabled downloads yet to boost the play count? I'm just going right to streampocket with these links for now. Not even playing them off soundclown.

Think he hasn't enabled downloads yet to boost the play count? I'm just going right to streampocket with these links for now. Not even playing them off soundclown.

someone suggested he could be doing it to get a realistic play count to gauge which tracks people like the most, instead of everyone just immediately downloading them and listening to them like that *COUGH*