Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

• Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

user18081971 at 1:50: @user18081971: my dad was so kind, always noticed if there was someone in the room who maybe wasn't as happy as everyone else, whereas others might be drawn to the ma

When I got my covid test today at work i noticed the metal pulldown aphex collapse sticker on the guys computer who was checking me in we got to talking about aphex and I said are you o

Posted Images

It's a guy called Trolin 247

1oowlw.jpg

https://warpaintrouge.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/die_antwoord.jpeg

WTF!!!!>?????!!!!! Die Antwood?!>!>!>!>!>!>!>?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!

WTFFFFFF!!!!!!!

And? Do you think that sounds like RDJ?

I think it's definitely more than a bit of fun that the account is up and running with the rdj one.

Guys no one caught on to this....that dude in the photo...there's a pic with him and Die Antwood. maybe they're behind this

No that last one doesn't sound like RDJ. Except for a brief part where there's an identical windowlicker effect thing going on

It's a guy called Trolin 247

1oowlw.jpg

https://warpaintrouge.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/die_antwoord.jpeg

WTF!!!!>?????!!!!! Die Antwood?!>!>!>!>!>!>!>?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!

WTFFFFFF!!!!!!!

And? Do you think that sounds like RDJ?

I think it's definitely more than a bit of fun that the account is up and running with the rdj one.

Guys no one caught on to this....that dude in the photo...there's a pic with him and Die Antwood. maybe they're behind this

No that last one doesn't sound like RDJ. Except for a brief part where there's an identical windowlicker effect thing going on

yeah i was gonna screencap that img after browsing the soundcloud and then reading gocabs comment. just because i thought it was funny. then i googled fat guy weed bandana and this came up http://forum.watmm.com/topic/53102-die-antwoord-enter-the-ninja/page-9

flol

Edited by Kilgore Trout

somewhat ironic he's commenting on other tracks requesting downloads

Yes on that 0008673 account who then put a similar comment on one of his. He definitely knows who that other account is.

I just went back to read the "early days" of the Soundcloud stuff, when people where in disbelief that we had 19 new AFX tracks for free. Good times :emotawesomepm9: And now we have 205 and very likely more to come. Superb.

suspicious thing is that the tracks are named like richs ones, with the numbers in front, "[slo]" and stuff like that, also the "afx" in every tag like in his account dunno. sounds not like him, at least what ive heard so far. might be some experiments he never planned to release

Wait a minute... Is https://soundcloud.com/brainwaltzeraalso Rich? I guess it is judging by the comments, equipment, and the music itself? Sounds great no matter who's behind it.

And is THIS Ric... ! ???

i've been banging on this for awhile. Both users use 8673 or 8736. Many song titles of 8673 have acknowledgements to past works. #tags for afx/tom/mike etc...

Comments posted about said songs & to other users are Richard-esque. "Fanks/fink". some tracks date to early 90's supposedly.

I'm thinking it's his collab work with all the greats in their sparetime over the years. There's a lot of synths/sounds in tracks that allude to this.

If not, it's someone who was around at the same time & got skills. Not buying the troll thing. It's not throw away 1/2 ass music. Unless Rich is the troll.

this person seems like an afx fanboy who is trying to convince ppl he is afx by copying richard's comment styles and tags etc, posting tracks when he sees that richard is posting. the music sounds like it was made recently, and is largely software, or at least mixed in the box. lots of bitcrusher plugins / modern glitch effect plugins and other stuff that richard quit using 10 years ago. some cool tracks tho.

Wait a minute... Is https://soundcloud.com/brainwaltzeraalso Rich? I guess it is judging by the comments, equipment, and the music itself? Sounds great no matter who's behind it.

And is THIS Ric... ! ???

i've been banging on this for awhile. Both users use 8673 or 8736. Many song titles of 8673 have acknowledgements to past works. #tags for afx/tom/mike etc...

Comments posted about said songs & to other users are Richard-esque. "Fanks/fink". some tracks date to early 90's supposedly.

I'm thinking it's his collab work with all the greats in their sparetime over the years. There's a lot of synths/sounds in tracks that allude to this.

If not, it's someone who was around at the same time & got skills. Not buying the troll thing. It's not throw away 1/2 ass music. Unless Rich is the troll.

this person seems like an afx fanboy who is trying to convince ppl he is afx by copying richard's comment styles and tags etc, posting tracks when he sees that richard is posting. the music sounds like it was made recently, and is largely software, or at least mixed in the box. lots of bitcrusher plugins / modern glitch effect plugins and other stuff that richard quit using 10 years ago. some cool tracks tho.

yup definitely sounds more like software, youre right!

this. very little musical personalities are discernable from all the other user****** accounts.

edit: wow, i feel dumb. should properly listen to the tracks before posting my ignorant opinion.

Edited by jchgf

And is THIS Ric... ! ???

yup definitely sounds more like software, youre right!

Disagree...there's plenty of analogue sounds on there and even acoustic ones and the production is deeper than glitch plug-in presets or whatever. that's not what makes me suspicious that it's not RDJ. My issue is that the tracks are very varied....I mean some I feel are no way afx while others maybe...so that has to mean it's not him

Edited by Alfreddo