IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Cornish Spreek5b is one of those tracks I seriously don't understand wasn't released in some way. It's far better than anything on AB4 (apart from maybe cuckoo)

Edited by Willybumbum

Would I be correct in saying that there are currently 32 tracks in this latest batch? (from Triple D to Cornish Spreek, and discounting the 'watery' dupe)

Just wanna make sure I'm up to date with everything.

Also, his neverending username changes are shitting all over my tagging system haha. Think I'm gonna just rename the album/playlist to 'Soundcloud Stuff'

Cornish Spreek5b is one of those tracks I seriously don't understand wasn't released in some way. It's far better than anything on AB4 (apart from maybe cuckoo)

it reminds me a shitload of wisp pre-NRTHNDR

great track

Cornish Spreek5b is one of those tracks I seriously don't understand wasn't released in some way. It's far better than anything on AB4

The reason why diamonds are so valuable is because their availability in the market is artficially controlled and restrained. In the same way, I think Aphex held back on all these tunes cause it would have been too much and we wouldn't have been able to absorb and appreciate his music (that's sort of happening to me now with all these amazing tunes). As prolific as he is, he also has a great sense/taste for curation and his albums and EPs (even thouh he's often mocked them as a medium) are balanced and cohesive bodies of work. At the same time, any other dude would simply put out a greatest hits or grammy recap collection with "rare unrelease b-sides" or whatever. He opted for this instead....good on ya Rich!

Edited by Alfreddo

The number of tracks seems to have corrected itself back down to 205 now. So 207 including the two deleted ones from the earlier dumps.

I also had trouble converting a couple of those tracks last night but did manage it in the end.

Can any Techie on here tell me the difference between converting them into mp3 versus a download button. Is there a difference in quality? Apologies for my ignorance.

Also, his neverending username changes are shitting all over my tagging system haha. Think I'm gonna just rename the album/playlist to 'Soundcloud Stuff'

i've got the album named 'user487363530' after the original name of the account, though rich did tag a few of the downloadable tracks as 'Sc' so that's another option

The number of tracks seems to have corrected itself back down to 205 now. So 207 including the two deleted ones from the earlier dumps.

I also had trouble converting a couple of those tracks last night but did manage it in the end.

Can any Techie on here tell me the difference between converting them into mp3 versus a download button. Is there a difference in quality? Apologies for my ignorance.

how are you "converting them into mp3"

Aphex uploads a track in whatever quality he encoded it in (mostly 320kbps, sometimes less). For streaming, soundcloud enables a 128kbps stream. If you use the download button you get what he uploaded (including his id3 tags) and when you rip them from the stream you get just the 128kbps stream.

Interesting that most of these tracks were encoded 15 years ago with (according to him) inferiour equipment. If he would release these tracks he said he would encode this again so the quality would be even better...

Aphex uploads a track in whatever quality he encoded it in (mostly 320kbps, sometimes less). For streaming, soundcloud enables a 128kbps stream. If you use the download button you get what he uploaded (including his id3 tags) and when you rip them from the stream you get just the 128kbps stream.

Interesting that most of these tracks were encoded 15 years ago with (according to him) inferiour equipment. If he would release these tracks he said he would encode this again so the quality would be even better...

even if these tunes were all in early Napster ulta compressed mp3 garbage quality I would eat em up like greasy pancakes on a sunday hangover brunch

But if you have any 'Soundcloud Downloader' browser extensions, you'll get a 128kb Mp3 regardless

But if you have any 'Soundcloud Downloader' browser extensions, you'll get a 128kb Mp3 regardless

= ripping the stream.

eh source?

(without the undownloadable ones) there's about 150 of the tracks that have been ENCODED BY iTunes 12 (~2014)

and there's about 14 encoded with Soundjam (~2001), and earlier itunes versions left and right..

Edited by vincentvc

eh source?

(without the undownloadable ones) there's about 150 of the tracks that have been ENCODED BY iTunes 12 (~2014)

and there's about 14 encoded with Soundjam (~2001), and earlier itunes versions left and right..

azXvTTt.jpg

From cassette to DAT, probably ripped to PC later? He did play out a lot from his laptop in livesets over the years so he must've had them for a while?

Would I be correct in saying that there are currently 32 tracks in this latest batch? (from Triple D to Cornish Spreek, and discounting the 'watery' dupe)

One track was uploaded then deleted almost immediately yesterday . Don't know if it was reupped with a different name later. Did anyone manage to download it before it was removed?

Edit: It was called 21 scb.

Edited by psn

One track was uploaded then deleted almost immediately yesterday . Don't know if it was reupped with a different name later. Did anyone manage to download it before it was removed?

Edit: It was called 21 scb.

it was watery big ez with a different name

straight otta cornwall

crazy mothafucka named aphax

from the gang called gingas with lotsa trax

bravo, sir