IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

not sure on the circumstances behind the account going away ... but i can imagine uploading all those tracks and then having them go away could be a pain in the arse.

wanted to say a big thank you again to rdj for the effort in making this happen. hard to explain how special the whole ride has been... *sappy tear moment*

I would be happy to help richard with re-upload the whole dump. I will do it with pleasure.

me too!

not sure on the circumstances behind the account going away ... but i can imagine uploading all those tracks and then having them go away could be a pain in the arse.

wanted to say a big thank you again to rdj for the effort in making this happen. hard to explain how special the whole ride has been... *sappy tear moment*

I would be happy to help richard with re-upload the whole dump. I will do it with pleasure.

me too!

just to it guys the files are available

no what i mean is if hed contact me and say "hey you open up an account and manage it for me, ill tell you what to post etc." :-D

"and dont tell watmm"

Edited by indulin

Hello 5th stage of loss! I'm hearing bargaining, but I think I've just landed in that comfy chair of acceptance. Now I have a strange sense of relief that I can finally categorize and rate my google playlist with the complete set.

can someone sum up what happened in the last 48 hours please. If there are soundcloud problems or glitches I know someone who works at Soundcloud and could probably address all of his concerns/problems very quickly

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

can someone sum up what happened in the last 48 hours please. If there are soundcloud problems or glitches I know someone who works at Soundcloud and could probably address all of his concerns/problems very quickly

AFAIK Richard fell out with Chris Cunningham or something

afx bro commited virtual soundwank suicide

- aphex changed name by adding an ace of clubs to his name or whatever

- troll takes over his previous name

- aphex changes name to something different

- another troll takes over previous name

- same thing happens again

- aphex adds a location to his description, an antarctic cave or something

- aphex deletes soundcloud. deletes EVERYTHING.

- troll who took over aphex soundcloud also runs a fake "chris cunningham" youtube channel, abuses that to make and upload vague badly done vids with numbers n shit, posts them in account description, causes confusion

- aphex soundcloud is still deleted

- ukip wins all of the elections

- everyone loses

Edited by triachus

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Yeah pretty sure it's not Soundcloud problem/glitch related unfortunately

Race y'all to the cave...

Do we vote to choose an emissary? Kickstart flight/feed $ and send someone there.

lul

Edited by Jaspmf

- troll who took over aphex soundcloud also runs a fake "chris cunningham" youtube channel, abuses that to make and upload vague badly done vids with numbers n shit, posts them in account description, causes confusion

- everyone loses

uuhhgg. Whhyyyy. He was on a roll "widening the net" and whatnot. Possible mistake or just frustrated with fakes/trolls?

uuhhgg. Whhyyyy. He was on a roll "widening the net" and whatnot. Possible mistake or just frustrated with fakes/trolls?

I blame FACT magazine.

- everyone loses

extra news flash: - little baby elephant "q" in the belgium zoo has jaundice so he's toast

- everyone loses

I'm a big fool but I really believe now that AFX et al has forked into other accounts (brainwaltzera and bumtrumpet). I'm guessing the attention / comments were getting unmanageable and he likes to have people judge the music on its own, regardless of labels / creator / expectations. also most of the tracks from the original user****3001 have been archived many times over, safe maybe the last ten ones, so we've only lost those comments, not the music.

biggest indication so far of rdj involvement in bumtrumpet account: notice the ventolin laughing sample at the start of lucky bag suite: https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/lucky-bag-suite

i know anybody could sample it into their own creations, but in this case i take a leap of faith. sorry for spamming the forum with this observation.

anyways, not every track on those accounts are winners but there sure are some gems to be found, regardless of who made them.

this track has samples from a stockhausen lecture. not a proof of RDJ involvement per se, but regardless this track kills:

https://soundcloud.com/brainwaltzera/triangulate-dither-lucid-fairytall-version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIPVc2Jvd0w

Edited by jchgf

If RDJ is involved in bumtrumpet I'll eat my imaginary hat, shoes and carpet.

Edited by Gocab

bumtrumpet is just renamed from the 3rd armpit squatter, right? If so, I'll be in the corner, on a folding lawn chair, with a giant foam middle finger sitting quietly.

oh shit maybe the old 3rd armpit account was legit?? did anyone happen to grab any of those tracks? I thought I did :(

edit: nvm I think I found some tracks. also I don't get it the account seemed different last time I saw it but it's at least a month old and the new stuff doesn't sound like him to me

Edited by purplegoat

bumtrumpet is just renamed from the 3rd armpit squatter, right? If so, I'll be in the corner, on a folding lawn chair, with a giant foam middle finger sitting quietly.

3rd armpit and bumtrumpet are two different accounts, as far as i can tell. 3rd armpit account is still up, dunno if he deleted some tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/3rd-armpit/4d-watmm-iz-all-cunts

Edited by jchgf

Fuckin hell, just chill and listen to the 200+ tunes and Syro and CCAI and the 12.

And the Caustic Window LP :) but yeah, this. Since that was released we had 22 hours of new music by Aphex and the confirmation bias'ed are looking for / wanting more accounts. Just focus on the stuff that's already there and be cautious in suspecting anything.

And would like to join bitroast in saying thanks again to Aphex for such a huge undertaking just to share so much gems with the rest of the world. It has been a great ride!

please can people keep discussing "bumtrumpet" cos it's so fucking funny to hear that name said over and over

Fuck off watmm is for serious discussions.

What's the story with the messages that some people supposedly got on Facebook?