Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

• Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

user18081971 at 1:50: @user18081971: my dad was so kind, always noticed if there was someone in the room who maybe wasn't as happy as everyone else, whereas others might be drawn to the ma

When I got my covid test today at work i noticed the metal pulldown aphex collapse sticker on the guys computer who was checking me in we got to talking about aphex and I said are you o

Posted Images

Weird. Neither of the Cheetah tracks are showing up on my page.

Try clicking on the number of songs (213) right below his profile picture. It usually hides the two most recent songs for whatever reason on the main page.

I'm bangin' both cheetahs :)

I'm wondering if we'll get Cheetah13 on Syro 2.

Edited by Brisbot

Jumping on the Cheetah hype train, stunning stuff, and undeniably Syro-esque. Really didn't think he'd just hand out tracks from this era so readily, his generosity knows no bounds.

cheetoa.gif

That Vulture article was bad - but A.V. Club might have clinched the prize here
http://www.avclub.com/article/aphex-twin-released-ton-music-online-free-219256
There are definitely a lot of tracks in the downloaded file that are also on the YouTube playlist, but since they’re both so long and so many of the songs have names like “prncDMC” or “1.5 Dp5 Beats,” it’s hard to tell if they’re exactly the same. Figuring that out sounds like a good job for someone with a ridiculous amount of time on their hands.

There are definitely a lot of tracks in the downloaded file that are also on the YouTube playlist, but since they’re both so long and so many of the songs have names like “prncDMC” or “1.5 Dp5 Beats,” it’s hard to tell if they’re exactly the same. Figuring that out sounds like a good job for someone with a ridiculous amount of time on their hands.

It's true, how can we tell if Asthma is actually just Ibiza Spliff? I mean, these crazy, crazy names, and so many tracks, it's not possible for a normal human, nevermind a Journalist who gets paid to write about this stuff.

Anyone notice Rich's new username on sc is his birthday

(prob rl late on this) :D

What's the beef with Chris Cunnigham of Ae ?????

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Reasonably sure almost all the tracks so far have been pre HAB with the exception of 'cutting' and 'make a baby' being maybe proto RDJ and actual HAB outtakes respectively. So up until now that would mean we haven't had anything later than '96, which I think feels right. I can see CHEETAHT7 Teac as being from that period too, but Cheetah3 Teac has really thrown me. It's either a straight Syro outtake (which would be pretty mental), or it's a tune he made back in the actual 90s with gear he used to make Syro in the style of Syro 15-20 years before he made Syro. Which is even more mental by at least x10000.

i'm sorry this is probably like the nine millionth time somebody has said this but

holy shit how fkn amazing is it that this even happening, let alone ongoing 4 months later... there are albums and albums of release worthy tracks here. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

also all of these terrible articles rife with misinformation beautifully demonstrate why rdj probably is such a troll often during interviews. so many awful music journalists

I feel the same! I listened to one of the SC tracks, but couldn't be bothered with any of the others because they could be the same track with 213 different names. :cerious:

i was going to make the comment that not knowing that all of these tracks are unique and not duplicates is pretty terrible... but then i contextualised the reality of a generalist music journalist (with other interests) wading through 429 posts here and listening to all 213 tracks and... uh, we're all completely insane, aren't we?