IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Guest Chesney

Is the top reddit 2gb DL file fredd E psoted at the top ok? can anyone confirm that it's all good for me?

My internet is cripplingly slow and want to make sure it's all good before I get into the hell that is downloading big files on my puter.

Cheers

According to one of the latest comments, SAW 3 is "half written". Whether that means he's still working on it, or it's been left behind...doesn't matter! We'll probably hear it eventually thanks to Rich's generosity. Mental, it's like after year of drip feeding we've been given the keys to a giant fridge of goodies.

Is it too soon to say "This Soundcloud stuff, and Richards kindness, has changed my life"? I'm just feeling one of those "Feck, this is the best thing ever to happen, and it's still happening!" moments. Feels a bit silly when you see it written out, but them's the feels.

SAW3 will be the Half Life 3 score. Both sides are waiting for the other to finish their bit.

Mike and Kelly (Bailey): Expert Button Pushers

• jeremyrivers says at 0:02:

This is gorgeous. Have you ever entertained the thought of a SAW111 for warp? Has got to be one of the most anticipated albums in electronic music history!

• Posted 16 mins ago16 minsuser18081971 says at 0:02:

@user8363344-1: its half written

ok it took him 20 years to write the first half so it will take 20 years more to finish the 2nd half.

holy fuck lol at that shroomtrack, that's my absolute favorite for now from the latest dump

i wonder how it will sound like on my system, i bet it's gonna be some hide under the table ballin shit

i hope he has like a harddrive of stuff like that, omg :catsob:

• jeremyrivers says at 0:02:

This is gorgeous. Have you ever entertained the thought of a SAW111 for warp? Has got to be one of the most anticipated albums in electronic music history!

• Posted 16 mins ago16 minsuser18081971 says at 0:02:

@user8363344-1: its half written

:catcry:

Cheetah3 Teac sounds dope and all, but the melody/harmony seem a bit slight/uninspired. kind of like going through the motions

Disagree. I think the evolving bassline/lead melody is fantastic.

Guest beatgunk1

holy fuck lol at that shroomtrack, that's my absolute favorite for now from the latest dump

i wonder how it will sound like on my system, i bet it's gonna be some hide under the table ballin shit

i hope he has like a harddrive of stuff like that, omg :catsob:

i thought i'm the only one who likes it

Cheetah3 Teac sounds dope and all, but the melody/harmony seem a bit slight/uninspired. kind of like going through the motions

agree, it's not super top, just a nice addition

Edited by beatgunk1

Maybe (just maybe) he made tunes like all these on a hourly base and then when it was time to release them he beefed them up?

I thought most of the people here would know how it is to have some tunes you made, and then you can spend time "bettering" them up for release...

you can hear it in the soundcloudz, how there's potential windowlickers, flims, everydays, bucephaluses, even analords kind of tracks...

it's just a matter of when he can arsed to produce/finish/polish/complete a track for release IMO

Agreed. For the later period SC tracks, they aren't "finished" in the sense of what they would have been if released on Tuss or something. Doesn't mean they're not great, they just didn't get as far on the iteration track.

"custom break acid" is obviously analord like in the synths

analords where realeased late 2004-early 2005 if I remember right; how long was he making these type of tracks?

I think they were all released in 2005. Good call on custom acid break; I think you're right. He was posting stuff from 1990, but that definitely wasn't. I can see that being Analord era.

tigercubdelay was played a couple times live. was played at ATP in early 2002, no idea how old it actually is tho, not long after he was playing analord tracks live, and tuss tracks a few years after that all before anything was released

Apparently he went back and updated the date on that track - 1998! Damn now do we have to go back and check all the tracks again for added dates?

Herr Fenriz - can you order WATMMers to conduct a full survey?

Edited by atypic

My perception of Richard is changing from "anti-social musical genius prankster" to a "super nice funny slightly paranoid hippy guy"

No he's ever "anti-social musical genius prankster"

:facepalm:

ok fine. I find him to a "super nice funny anti-social musical genius slightly paranoid prankster hippy guy".

Just heard Syro in 24 wav for first time.

Imagine if dump was upscaled to even 1/10 of that.

:music:

I was actually curious to hear someone compare Syro 24 wav to, say 320 mp3, but never saw that on the lists. Care to comment?

RDJ seems to be really digging on all the comments, even though I imagine most of us here comment here rather than there. Maybe we should be doing both...

He just answered one of Paul Chillage's spammy question, but then he answered one of Zoe's ever insightful comments from 3 months ago:

zoeblade on 2Pcp 2 @ 2:09: Never noticed before, but was this aerosol hi-hat slowed down and re-used in At the Heart of It All?

user18081971 says at 2:09:

@zoeblade: well spotted, 1st to notice!

nice one, zoe!

I was actually curious to hear someone compare Syro 24 wav to, say 320 mp3, but never saw that on the lists. Care to comment?

I downloaded the 24 bits wavs but I pretty much always listen to the mp3s, can't really tell any difference with my old ears, or rather a very subtle one that doesn't make up for the lack of ID3 tags in my player.

The wavs were useful to slow down minipops et al in audacity and preserve better quality, but apart from that I doubt you're missing out. 320 mp3's are fine.

Guest beatgunk1

I don't believe in people hearing the difference, unless it was sourced from a different master than the 16-bit CD

mad props to ya

also upscaling won't work unless it was 24bit in the original

Edited by beatgunk1

He just answered one of Paul Chillage's spammy question, but then he answered one of Zoe's ever insightful comments from 3 months ago:

zoeblade on 2Pcp 2 @ 2:09: Never noticed before, but was this aerosol hi-hat slowed down and re-used in At the Heart of It All?

user18081971 says at 2:09:

@zoeblade: well spotted, 1st to notice!

nice one, zoe!

"aerosol hi-hat" will be my new user name