IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

what about weighted voting? give each users 20 votes (or whatever), and each vote is worth n * x (where n is 1 - 20, and x is some weighting factor between 0 and 1), you could pick your 20 tracks and sort in preference to determine the votes. would mean the real killer tracks would stand out, though you'd need to pick a decent value for x (this would be fixed for the vote as a whole, not a per user thing).

a simpler method might be to give each user x number of votes, and you can assign as many votes to a track as you want, until you run out of votes.

I found a great bit of software to download all tracks from a Soundcloud User / Soundcloud Playlist with one click. Gets the Highest quality version where available or the stream if not - including tags (but sadly not artwork). But I'm not sure if it's ok to post a link to it here? Google 'originaltechsolutions soundcloud playlist downloader' to find it.

Sorry if this breaks rules.

Nice one man, that's really handy. Cheers for the heads-up!

URL: http://originaltechsolutions.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/soundcloud-playlist-downloader-free.html

Good innit? And it does a sync so it'll just pull down the latest ones to your folder. Handy.

it won't open on my mac. link for a mac version? or help how to set up if I'm doing it wrong?

How on earth is a dynamic voting system going to work? Every time a new track is added, you would in theory have to revote.....that is just silly. There is no way to do it and not take Richard away from the amazing thing that's happening now: HE'S CONTINUOUSLY GIVING US MUSIC

And if you do it "every 200 tracks", you could be missing out on pressing up the best track of the bunch.

Why not wait till it's over (it will end some day people, and I bet Richard will tell us when it's done), and then we can vote on which ones are the best of the best?

Voting on the best of certain packs seems dumb to me, as the best tracks may lie much later. The best may even be yet to come....

How about someone create a website that's kept up to date with every track richard uploads, and you can even listen to the track on the site for convenience - then if you enjoy that track you can comment and like the track

wait

How on earth is a dynamic voting system going to work? Every time a new track is added, you would in theory have to revote.....that is just silly. There is no way to do it and not take Richard away from the amazing thing that's happening now: HE'S CONTINUOUSLY GIVING US MUSIC

And if you do it "every 200 tracks", you could be missing out on pressing up the best track of the bunch.

Why not wait till it's over (it will end some day people, and I bet Richard will tell us when it's done), and then we can vote on which ones are the best of the best?

Voting on the best of certain packs seems dumb to me, as the best tracks may lie much later. The best may even be yet to come....

You could vote, keep voting, un-vote, change your vote, etc. Then at whatever point he wants to do something with the votes he freezes them.

Guest Londonskater

I'm still backing the "curated by..." idea...

...all on my own.

He could be uploading new tracks for the rest of the year. Voting on your favourite within every batch of X number of times isn't that bad an idea. If/when he declares he's done you've already whittled it down and can then vote for best of the best to get the suitable number for an lp/2xlp/3xlp...

Yeah, it would be handy if he picked himself but he's being pretty good by suggesting the fans pick. Maybe he could add his own choice cuts on a bonus disc after the voting?

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Could just make a page that organises the Soundcloud track widgets by most amount of likes on Soundcloud, would probably be the easiest thing to do

Could just make a page that organises the Soundcloud track widgets by most amount of likes on Soundcloud, would probably be the easiest thing to do

I don't think that would be a good idea. See Fact magazine for example, they posted the club of hearts track which I'm not that fond of and it got ton of views on that night. I'd go for an internet-wide announcement the day the dump is over and let everyone choose their 30 favorites or so.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I don't think that would be a good idea. See Fact magazine for example, they posted the club of hearts track which I'm not that fond of and it got ton of views on that night. I'd go for an internet-wide announcement the day the dump is over and let everyone choose their 30 favorites or so.

More plays =/= more likes. People need to be logged in to Soundcloud in order to like a track and if they've done both of those things they'll almost certainly follow the user18081971 account and listen/like at least a few more tracks in the process. Skewed play counts because certain tracks get shared about the internet aren't going to affect this.

Also this isn't necessarily going to result in anything being set in stone either? All it is is a gauge to see which tracks are generally more popular. Then he can decide if, when and how he's going to polish up however many of these tracks he decides to and how he's going to release them. There doesn't need to be a big internet-wide announcement, there doesn't need to be a really elaborate poll with bracketology for date of track upload and weighted votes and a limited number of votes per person. That's insane.

I don't want to hear "random users choose their favourite AFX track". I want to hear what he thinks would make a compelling release/series of releases.

Failing that, something curated by Mike P. (too busy running a great label), Sean and Rob (too busy decoding alien signals into human music), Tom J. (too busy designing new masks), or Luke V. (too busy being a boss).

But really, really, really what I want is for the stream of great music to keep flowing!

I don't want to hear "random users choose their favourite AFX track". I want to hear what he thinks would make a compelling release/series of releases.

Failing that, something curated by Mike P. (too busy running a great label), Sean and Rob (too busy decoding alien signals into human music), Tom J. (too busy designing new masks), or Luke V. (too busy being a boss).

But really, really, really what I want is for the stream of great music to keep flowing!

SAW 1.5 is a good example of this. I think it'd make a great bonus disc for a re-release of SAW 1.

Have a third disc be those alternates Richard was talking about + live heliosphan.

Edited by En Ex

But then who would curate Mike P's Soundcloud? :)

But yes, as long as the spice keeps flowing anything else is gravy

I came in here for a mental break from a complicated day and now every post is like a technical document :)

tumblr_llvgj0wPkB1qz7v0zo1_500.jpg

Read the rules. Peer-reviewed posting up in here from now on, only deemed acceptable if performed at standard temperature and pressure (273.15 Kelvin, and 1 atm pressure). Get your format and citations right, and don't start talking about music or equipment unless you're prepared to attach the appropriate wiring schematic(s), bro.

I came in here for a mental break from a complicated day and now every post is like a technical document :)

tumblr_llvgj0wPkB1qz7v0zo1_500.jpg

Read the rules. Peer-reviewed posting up in here from now on, only deemed acceptable if performed at standard temperature and pressure (273.15 Kelvin, and 1 atm pressure). Get your format and citations right, and don't start talking about music or equipment unless you're prepared to attach the appropriate wiring schematic(s), bro.

IMG_5015.jpg

This was taken in my community last year, somebody was changing all the neighborhood watch signs

(there was also voltron, mario and the care bears)