IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Just print off a list of the tracks, blindfold Richard, and have him throw a dart at the list to decide which track will be mastered.

It just gets better and better, doesn't it? Agree with those saying let the good stuff keep coming for now, vote when it stops (shudder)

On a side note, anyone got a zip for 206-227? Wishing he'd make the latest batches downloadable in 320, some amazing ones in there

I would prefer if richard chose the top tracks not some vote of random people on the internet (including trolls)

Like someone else said, richard seems to have tastes in line with us

floating oo please, cornish spreek5b please,

the thing is just about any track would be great to have mastered, couldn't he just ship off the whole lot to someone to do it for him and release a box set?

Anyway I'm happy he's talking about releasing some of these properly, in addition to multiple future releases!

Guest RJC2

That AFX Selekta playlist is really pretty spot on :music: Though there's another half dozen tracks I'd like to see in there, like a few more from the "SAW 1.5" bits, MTG, Cutting, 2Tone.. and it's that whole personal opinion thing which really makes me wonder about the whole "let the fans chose" poll marlarkey. The last 400 odd pages just on this forum have been full of folks championing tracks which is great, but also obviously shows how tastes are different

* takes off Captain Obvious hat *

Would love to see the vinyl boxset sort of thing happen tho, but preferably a set selected by RDJ (or whoever he usually pulls his albums together with)

Edited by RJC2

the feeling of putting 200+ new aphex songs on shuffle whenever i want is insane. still blows my mind.

is anybody using these as alarm clocks? i was using daneandplay for a while. kidsbeach was nice. should i try asthma?

Guest RJC2

Quite interested to see if he creates a SOSW 2 playlist like he said he might.

Yup yup. SOSW remains a massive highlight out of everything he's done for me (shows my age, I guess), so 'officially' collecting the SOSW2 bits together would be interesting

I would prefer if richard chose the top tracks not some vote of random people on the internet (including trolls)

Like someone else said, richard seems to have tastes in line with us

:cisfor:

I think Richard has a fairly good idea which tracks people are responding to the best.

My thought is that may be one of his initial ideas for doing the soundcloud dump in the first place. We really don't need some sort of exactly scientific fanboy poll. He sees the likes, listens and comments. He can already figure out, by looking at all of that, which tracks people like the most.

Edited by J3FF3R00

He's already (fully?) uploaded SAW 1.5, AB6 & SOSW 2 as well as tracks from the joyrex tape so he may avoid mastering / releasing these individual tunes outwith their intended album format.

This may have been brought up before, but did anyone notice that the numbers in his username are now his birthday?

user18081971

18 August 1971

Guest Londonskater

He's already (fully?) uploaded SAW 1.5, AB6 & SOSW 2 as well as tracks from the joyrex tape so he may avoid mastering / releasing these individual tunes outwith their intended album format.

Has he? What was AB6 track 1? And was the last track actually the last track?

I have nothing labelled Polygon Window from this dump - never mind SOSW2.

Any indication as to what is what would be great.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may have been brought up before, but did anyone notice that the numbers in his username are now his birthday?

user18081971

18 August 1971

dats some davinci code shit here bros

guh, roadblock. so i've started off by making a scraper and a page that grabs all the track info + displays it in a way that we can sort by plays/comments/likes/etc. (i figured that would at least start to give some sort of indicator of most popular tracks that i can extrapolate from to assist with voting)

many of the earlier tracks seem to have this stuff turned off though - look on soundcloud (as in the website) for tracks like 'red calx', both 'how to science', 'japan', etc. no stats showing under the tracks at all.

i wonder whether rdj turned this off or it's soundcloud being stupid? :/

edit: 82/227 tracks have no info at all

Edited by xf