IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

He's already (fully?) uploaded SAW 1.5, AB6 & SOSW 2 as well as tracks from the joyrex tape so he may avoid mastering / releasing these individual tunes outwith their intended album format.

Has he? What was AB6 track 1? And was the last track actually the last track?

I have nothing labelled Polygon Window from this dump - never mind SOSW2.

Any indication as to what is what would be great.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did write '(fully?)' so not too much of a stretch of the imagination to consider the albums mentioned are either not complete or the so - called missing tracks are uploaded but not identified in exactly the same way RDJ himself has stated SOSW 2 has already been uploaded, in the most part. He said he'll look out the other tracks. If you need further clarification on Polygon Windows tracks ask him and hope for a reply.

As it happens I see SAW 1.5 is now listed as having 15 tracks but my Android device still only shows 11 (cache clear not helping) so any of these playlists/albums can change.

guh, roadblock. so i've started off by making a scraper and a page that grabs all the track info + displays it in a way that we can sort by plays/comments/likes/etc. (i figured that would at least start to give some sort of indicator of most popular tracks that i can extrapolate from to assist with voting)

many of the earlier tracks seem to have this stuff turned off though - look on soundcloud (as in the website) for tracks like 'red calx', both 'how to science', 'japan', etc. no stats showing under the tracks at all.

i wonder whether rdj turned this off or it's soundcloud being stupid? :/

edit: 82/227 tracks have no info at all

I think all the first batch lost the stats/info for a while. Can anyone with uploads on Soundcloud shed any light on how the stats can be managed? Can the user toggle them on and off from their profile?

i.e. this simple sortable table shows all tracks as of 60 seconds ago:

http://catstick.com/soundcloud/afx/

unless rdj can flick back on these stats, using any sort of aggregate of stats over time is not going to work :(

edit: tried it against mikep's soundcloud given ~200 tracks too, works fine, so reckon it's something rdj has flicked on a per-track basis?: http://catstick.com/soundcloud/mikep/

Edited by xf

The stats thing is odd, im fairly sure the android app string reports up to date stats on all the old songs. Perhaps it could shed some light.

just checked my android phone - same issue. (i'm probably hitting the same API the android app is anyway)

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

The comments and likes were hidden on a bunch of tracks yeah, forgot about that. It's a feature of pro accounts (they're all still there just only visible to him). People can still 'like' the tracks even though the total number of likes isn't visible, just need to get him to make the stats public so your page can get the infos

i just messaged him on soundcloud because... why the hell not

what if he now spends 2 hours flipping on some statistics on tracks that he intended to use uploading drukqs 0.9 instead but now he wont

thanks alot

Edited by Zeffolia

oh god

so i just uploaded a track to my own SC to see what it looks like from that end... and noticed this:

ukz9n0gl.png

"Quiet mode" - "Hide stats".

Which according to the right you need a Pro account to unlock......

I'VE SCREWED MYSELF

oh god

so i just uploaded a track to my own SC to see what it looks like from that end... and noticed this:

ukz9n0gl.png

I'VE SCREWED MYSELF

gotta go back in time to kill yourself to stop all this from happening

and also to seduce your mother

oh god

ukz9n0gl.png

I'VE SCREWED MYSELF

gotta go back in time to kill yourself to stop all this from happening

and also to seduce your mother

lol

plenty of solid material in the last 50. string slush is awesome, that's a preset beat he accidentally triggered toward the end in that one, right? it kind of fits perfectly in a funny way, i wonder if he did it on purpose.

user64583945206 :

on a totally unrelated note, you should definitely check out Burial's stuff Rich

user18081971 :

@user64583945206: who is burial?

:cisfor:

cheeky

user64583945206 :

on a totally unrelated note, you should definitely check out Burial's stuff Rich

user18081971 :

@user64583945206: who is burial?

:cisfor:

Saw that, I like how someone points out he dropped Burial @ ATP in 2007, he he. He's replied to a few other questions.

• Camicolusion says at 3:11:

if you had the chance to sample *anything* in the world, what would it be? what is your holy grail?

• Posted 2 days ago2 days

Posted 4 hours ago

• 4 hoursuser18081971 says at 3:11:

@camicolusion: music from a different solar system/james brown multitracks?

Guest Londonskater

Ah, gotcha. Just checking I wasn't missing it.

Also...2007 date on the last track uploaded.

Woo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk