IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I know that track voting is the currently in vogue topic, but I've been thinking about my own management of all the SC tracks. As it grows, it's getting a little out of hand. I have been tracking them numbered by upload order, but I'm starting to question that. It seems that upload order doesn't mean that much to RDJ, and having 200+ sequenced tracks isn't ideal. I've started moving some to subfolders (the SAW 1.5 list, and my own made AB6 folder, Bradley Strider, and SAW 2.5 based on the ones he indicated or were obvious). For the SAW 1.5 folder though, I can either use his ordering or the order of upload, but it seems like his ordering of the playlist is better.

What do you guys think?

I know that track voting is the currently in vogue topic, but I've been thinking about my own management of all the SC tracks. As it grows, it's getting a little out of hand. I have been tracking them numbered by upload order, but I'm starting to question that. It seems that upload order doesn't mean that much to RDJ, and having 200+ sequenced tracks isn't ideal. I've started moving some to subfolders (the SAW 1.5 list, and my own made AB6 folder, Bradley Strider, and SAW 2.5 based on the ones he indicated or were obvious). For the SAW 1.5 folder though, I can either use his ordering or the order of upload, but it seems like his ordering of the playlist is better.

What do you guys think?

yes.

What do you guys think?

yes.

That seems to make sense to me.

I'm well behind with digesting all these tracks, not because I don't have the time but because it seem's like the unpenetrable river from The Heart of Darkness. I can't just listen to Aphex non-stop for days on end without a break.

It's called 'not being able to see the wood for the trees!'

this is what I've distilled down to.

10 Shit Smothered
5 sline
19 bradley echoes
15 sekonda
33 synthi rhy [q]
14 floating∞
34 ibiza spliffs
Cheetah3 Teac
no idea why I'm posting this.

Guest kymppinetti

10 Shit Smothered
5 sline
19 bradley echoes
15 sekonda
33 synthi rhy [q]
14 floating∞
34 ibiza spliffs
Cheetah3 Teac

that asthma track could be an outro. haha

Of the 229 tracks ...

Oh FFS - Thought I'd nabbed them all, I have 227. Do you have the unfaded '35 saw II un road shimmer' as one of them, god knows what the other might be ...

Of the 229 tracks ...

Oh FFS - Thought I'd nabbed them all, I have 227. Do you have the unfaded '35 saw II un road shimmer' as one of them, god knows what the other might be ...

You probably need the girl/boy dark version and the faster version of red calx

Edited by nyr22

SPOT.ON. *high fives*

Weird, was sure I'd grabbed them both ...

Of the 229 tracks ...

Yes, that's how I get to my 229. Anyone else got a split of their likes/not so sures?

Interesting that a lot of you guys omit the earlier stuff like Chink and Sam's Car. Perhaps it's because the slightly later stuff is just so accomplished. I agree that 5 is a virtually impossible number to get it down to. I think it means that the obviously brilliant stuff like Organ will get mentioned by everybody in lieu of the slightly more subtle tracks...

Interesting that a lot of you guys omit the earlier stuff like Chink and Sam's Car. Perhaps it's because the slightly later stuff is just so accomplished. I agree that 5 is a virtually impossible number to get it down to. I think it means that the obviously brilliant stuff like Organ will get mentioned by everybody in lieu of the slightly more subtle tracks...

Some of the simpler tracks are still great but I wouldn't put them in my top 10. Except maybe Bimbongo, that song is the shit.

Chink 101 and Sam's Car are top10, even top 5 for me.

I never see SomewhereOTTGTBAG mentioned. Would be great if it made it through :)

Guest bitroast

10 Shit Smothered
5 sline
19 bradley echoes
15 sekonda
33 synthi rhy [q]
14 floating∞
34 ibiza spliffs
Cheetah3 Teac

nooooo shit smothered has been released mate don't waste ya vote!!!

Mate.

I have some definite faves, but I gotta go back through the older stuff and see if I forgot about anything.

Also, some love for Blue Carpet. Short, simple, gorgeous piece of music.

I just noticed ibiza spliff has same drums as orban eq off of drukqs. For all you asking for drukqs trax ;)

this one too :-): https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/33-synthi-rhy-q

:wub: one of the happiest tracks he's ever made, this and summer2

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

I have some definite faves, but I gotta go back through the older stuff and see if I forgot about anything.

Also, some love for Blue Carpet. Short, simple, gorgeous piece of music.

i love that track 2, i wonder when he made it, there seems to be some high frequenty fuck ups, it could use some rework :cisfor:

i'm a bit afraid that if afx really would rework tracks from soundclown with a poll, most people are gonna vote for the easy listening, melodic tracks and there won't be many weird oddball tracks on it but whatever he does, i'm down with it :rhubear2:

all heil afx meng, the soundclown god

Guest bitroast

blue carpet absolutely necessary

sounds like he's trying to learn how to play radiohead's everything in it's right place but not quite getting it right. obviously richard is a hardcore radiohead fan, harnessing his inner thom yorke on this one ^-^ !!!

:dadjoke:

blue carpet absolutely necessary

sounds like he's trying to learn how to play radiohead's everything in it's right place but not quite getting it right. obviously richard is a hardcore radiohead fan, harnessing his inner thom yorke on this one ^-^ !!!

:dadjoke:

Something's not in the right place with your statement!

teehee.