IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

@fidencio-arroyo: really makes me sooo happy that people can hear these old tracks, becuase ive been listening to them for so long , like old friends and only recently just thought after kickstarter etc, this is madness keeping them to myself.

thanks afx :wub:

aaand he's renamed back.

i figured he'd do this again, already locked down the user_id instead of the URL in the voting tool lul

I dont get the dj latte thing is it an actual reference to someone

He posted this in his description:

MY Dj names this month or either dj latte or dj ultimate cunt

Can this get better?? He wants fans to help compile SOSW2 for a proper release. Fucking ridiculous. Every day I check this I'm blown away with amazing news or tunes.

holy shit, is this new? he added '6 RANDOM FX' to his liked tracks and changed all the info:

https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/6-random-fx

my info was too long for this bit so its in the pic!

artworks-000117549908-bceqt2-t500x500.jp

can barely read it lol

That's awesome. I was wondering why there was a gap in one of the back and forths...

hah really glad to read he's enjoying all this as much as the fans, I was worried he'd start getting grumpy from people commenting crap or whatever.

Me too. Such positive vibes all around. I'm glad he is feeling it too. Nearly every comment is overwhelmingly positive. I think its helping him realize just how important his music is to people. I'm sure he knew he was very well liked and obsessed over before this but this might be a bit eye opening to him.

user940645936 says at 0:44:

bloody hell richard how come this one never came out!?!?!?
user18081971 says at 0:44:
@user940645936: well it was made before i released anything, by the time i released my first thing on mighty force i already had hundreds and hundreds of tracks, i had kinda stopped thinking about releasing any of them, just content with making them for me and my mates, big thanks to TOm Middleton as he really was the person that got the ball rolling and sorted out that first release. a good story coming…then when r & s called me back, well left a message at my sisters house as i didn’t have a phone, it totally stopped me dead in my tracks, i was like wtf, r&s called me ??? I had sent them a tape with about 6 tracks or something , not that many…
Renaat was a bit of a slippery fish, a player, i believe he thought he was doing the artists all a big favour when in reality it was the other way around, although he had the business brain so it worked both ways. He was like “mr richard” as thats what he used to call me, “how much do you want for Digeridoo?” I had about 100 £ in the bank and I was totally stuck for an answer, I said um I dunno.. He offered me £1000k advance which wasnt bad i suppose back then. I immediately left my microelectronics engineering degree course at Kingston uni, my mates all thought i was mad, i was like cya , good fucking luck, I’m outta here!
THEN shortly afterwards Colin Favor called me up, he was THE big dj from Kiss FM London, UK and said did I want to put it out on his label Rabbit city! So I remember this really weird horrible feeling not knowing what to do, I went to meet Colin, he answered the door wearing dark sunglasses and all bruised up face ,he looked like he been beaten up, he said he was in a car crash? hmmm This was 1992, so i was 21.
anyway he told me how Rennat was not to be trusted and said why don’t i release it on both and grab the dosh from r&s in true london gangster style… I thought about it for about 1 minute and agreed! Afterwards I thought what the fuck am i doing, Ive just landed the best deal ever and and made me an amazing new ‘friend’ Renaat and now I’m going to fuck him over immediately !
I just believed Colin [as DODGY as he looked ] and went for it. Got paid twice..&2 uberace labels :) Then came the horrible moment Just before R&s was about to release digeridoo ep when Renaat called me saying “Mr richard, what is this rabbit city white label?” “ah…yeah…um..dunnoo..whats that?” ha in hindsight I did the right thing because I could sense Rennaat was well fly and thought id fucking flyhim right back in his cocky Belgian mush, gotta smile..
Apparently Rennat bought loads of copies of the rabbit city up, not sure if thats true.. So it came out on Rabbit city, then R&S , then outer rhythm licensed it for the uk again from R&S and it got to the top 50 in the charts after probably selling around 20-30k copies ! then it sold about the same again!
Have to mention it but Colin Favor was the ONLY person in my life so far who gave me back the metal masters from the pressing plant ! So I’ve still got them and they look AMAZING, he did it so i would trust him not to repress it on the sly, dude! thanks Colin!
+++and there’s more, so recently I’ve been in touch with Dev from Paradox who is probably my fave drum programmer in the stratisverse and he told me that the exact Kiss fm show that Colin Favour first aired my didgeridoo , dev got the first radio airing of his tracks! So amazing, he remembers coz mine was on before, I didn’t remember him being on it coz i stopped recording after dig got played! So that show was a catalyst for both of us .
I had my fair share of problems with r&s which i won’t go into but we have now reached an agreement and are friends, kind of.. Renaat, hope your treating artists the way they deserve now mate! Massive respect to Renaat, gotta love that guy, he’s made some banging tunes as well like this one!, which a lot of people don’t realise. www.discogs.com/Mantrax-Scarlet-C…cus/release/26631
Lastly before I got upset by r&s I sent them a c90 tape in excitement that they wanted to release my stuff and i FILLED it with my best tracks at the time and he never got it! phew , phew I was so relieved, coz as soon as i posted it off I wanted to get it back, I wonder where that tape ended up???? anyway hope that answers your question :)

user940645936 says at 0:44:

bloody hell richard how come this one never came out!?!?!?
user18081971 says at 0:44:
@user940645936: well it was made before i released anything, by the time i released my first thing on mighty force i already had hundreds and hundreds of tracks, i had kinda stopped thinking about releasing any of them, just content with making them for me and my mates, big thanks to TOm Middleton as he really was the person that got the ball rolling and sorted out that first release. a good story coming…then when r & s called me back, well left a message at my sisters house as i didn’t have a phone, it totally stopped me dead in my tracks, i was like wtf, r&s called me ??? I had sent them a tape with about 6 tracks or something , not that many…
Renaat was a bit of a slippery fish, a player, i believe he thought he was doing the artists all a big favour when in reality it was the other way around, although he had the business brain so it worked both ways. He was like “mr richard” as thats what he used to call me, “how much do you want for Digeridoo?” I had about 100 £ in the bank and I was totally stuck for an answer, I said um I dunno.. He offered me £1000k advance which wasnt bad i suppose back then. I immediately left my microelectronics engineering degree course at Kingston uni, my mates all thought i was mad, i was like cya , good fucking luck, I’m outta here!
THEN shortly afterwards Colin Favor called me up, he was THE big dj from Kiss FM London, UK and said did I want to put it out on his label Rabbit city! So I remember this really weird horrible feeling not knowing what to do, I went to meet Colin, he answered the door wearing dark sunglasses and all bruised up face ,he looked like he been beaten up, he said he was in a car crash? hmmm This was 1992, so i was 21.
anyway he told me how Rennat was not to be trusted and said why don’t i release it on both and grab the dosh from r&s in true london gangster style… I thought about it for about 1 minute and agreed! Afterwards I thought what the fuck am i doing, Ive just landed the best deal ever and and made me an amazing new ‘friend’ Renaat and now I’m going to fuck him over immediately !
I just believed Colin [as DODGY as he looked ] and went for it. Got paid twice..&2 uberace labels :) Then came the horrible moment Just before R&s was about to release digeridoo ep when Renaat called me saying “Mr richard, what is this rabbit city white label?” “ah…yeah…um..dunnoo..whats that?” ha in hindsight I did the right thing because I could sense Rennaat was well fly and thought id fucking flyhim right back in his cocky Belgian mush, gotta smile..
Apparently Rennat bought loads of copies of the rabbit city up, not sure if thats true.. So it came out on Rabbit city, then R&S , then outer rhythm licensed it for the uk again from R&S and it got to the top 50 in the charts after probably selling around 20-30k copies ! then it sold about the same again!
Have to mention it but Colin Favor was the ONLY person in my life so far who gave me back the metal masters from the pressing plant ! So I’ve still got them and they look AMAZING, he did it so i would trust him not to repress it on the sly, dude! thanks Colin!
+++and there’s more, so recently I’ve been in touch with Dev from Paradox who is probably my fave drum programmer in the stratisverse and he told me that the exact Kiss fm show that Colin Favour first aired my didgeridoo , dev got the first radio airing of his tracks! So amazing, he remembers coz mine was on before, I didn’t remember him being on it coz i stopped recording after dig got played! So that show was a catalyst for both of us .
I had my fair share of problems with r&s which i won’t go into but we have now reached an agreement and are friends, kind of.. Renaat, hope your treating artists the way they deserve now mate! Massive respect to Renaat, gotta love that guy, he’s made some banging tunes as well like this one!, which a lot of people don’t realise. www.discogs.com/Mantrax-Scarlet-C…cus/release/26631
Lastly before I got upset by r&s I sent them a c90 tape in excitement that they wanted to release my stuff and i FILLED it with my best tracks at the time and he never got it! phew , phew I was so relieved, coz as soon as i posted it off I wanted to get it back, I wonder where that tape ended up???? anyway hope that answers your question :)

cool story bro

for real :biggrin: