IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Wonder if he'll upload anything that was on the infamous drukqs mp3 player

Once he starts dumping Drukqs era material I'll probably be stuck to my computer & headphones for days. Cannot wait.

Edited by Atom

This thread: 1,050,517 views

Syro thread: 799,062 views
http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84544-aphex-twin-syro/

The Ask Autechre Anything thread: 607,403 views
http://forum.watmm.com/topic/81109-aaa-ask-autechre-anything-sean-and-rob-on-watmm/

Rare pics of RDJ thread: 448,551 views
http://forum.watmm.com/topic/31639-rare-pics-of-rdj/

The soundcloud dump has 227 (229) tracks. Syro has 12. It stands to reason that this thread would have a lot more views/comments.

Guest bitroast

The soundcloud dump has 227 (229) tracks. Syro has 12. It stands to reason that this thread would have a lot more views/comments.

Yerrrr + the incremental nature of the dump.

Once syro out/news out syro, some peeps dont exactly have reason to keep re-returning. The sound dump.. On the hand.. Is the gift that keeps on delivering !! ^^

Anyone got an up to date zip? That link a few posts up is missing the last 20 or so tracks. Was holding out for HQ downloads, but just want these bits stored on my computer now!

Was reading some old interviews for a second time and found this quite funny to read after all thats going on right now.

You’ve been previously thinking of putting out a DAT with four hours of your music for free, with no copyright on the recordings. Have you changed your mind?

"(laughing) Yeah, it’s a bit of a contradiction, I think. But if you gonna bother to release some things you may as well rinse it to the maximum. It depends on the tracks I reckon because with other things I don’t care what happens to them. When I said that I was gonna release a DAT of four hours on it I meant older tracks that I wouldn’t ever really release on an album. In that situation I wouldn’t have really cared whereas the ones I lost were all new ones, none of them were more than two years old"

and...this!

Why is the album coming out now, five years after your last album „Richard D. James“?

"(laughing) The reason I release this actually is that I lost one of those mp3 players and I had 282 unreleased tracks of mine on it and 80 unreleased Squarepusher tracks and I left it on a plane. I was with Grant (Wilson-Claridge, Rephlex owner) on a flight to Scotland to do a gig about four months ago. I’ve had the mp3s for like six months and he was laughing at me saying „Are you going to lose that?“ and I was like „I’m never going to lose this!“. And then five minutes later I left it on the plane."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

282 tunes! 30 made it to drukqs release...252 unheard of tunes left. :ohmy::catface::catsupine:

http://www.groove.de/2014/08/21/aphex-twin-groove-interview-2001-english/

Just realized his username is his birthday...

Anyone else catch that?

This may have been brought up before, but did anyone notice that the numbers in his username are now his birthday?

user18081971

18 August 1971

dats some davinci code shit here bros

Anyone else catch that?

This may have been brought up before, but did anyone notice that the numbers in his username are now his birthday?

user18081971

18 August 1971

Come on, quote the other 2+ people that pointed it out before that as well.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Anyone else catch that?

user18081971

18 August 1971

Come on, quote the other 200+ people that pointed it out before that as well.

Fixed ;)

Clissold Crescent sounds like it was definitely written with Mike P.... no? The chord progressions and palette sound like royal astronomy, then with some afx beats and bass thrown over it.

Edited by StephenG

New comments on 4 Red Calx [slo] and They're Here Aahha with new artwork on that track as well. did he update the info to 1889-90 or was that there before?

https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/thyre-here-aahha

• cyclotron says at 4:38:

Did you know Tod Dockstader? Some brilliant concrete/ambient works from the early 1960s:ubu.com/sound/dockstader.html

• Posted 6 hours ago6 hoursuser18081971 says at 4:38:

@cyclotron: why of course, I remember first playing sean booth some of his stuff on my tour bus..way back

• Posted 5 hours ago5 hoursuser18081971 says at 4:38:

@user18081971: soz, had to mention that, ha, anyway RIP Todd you are amazing mate, massive inspiration

edit: 1889 as it says on track info

Edited by PhonicBoyOnDope

Maybe he's trying to tell us he's a secret time traveller and he wrote that while visiting one of the Paris Universal Expositions. Also that Ghosties track mentioned in those comments is quite funky.

Clissold Crescent sounds like it was definitely written with Mike P.... no? The chord progressions and palette sound like royal astronomy, then with some afx beats and bass thrown over it.

Collabo or he was doing one in Mike's style, love that one.

if it was RDJ must have stepped in and said 'hey mike can we just dial the reverb decay down on this one? I promise you can keep the decay up to 20 seconds on all the other tracks, i just want a conservative amount of reverb on this one, thanks

"

there was a nice review of the tracks in the newest issue of the Wire magazine, its about half a page long. Not surprisingly the Wire actually took the time to denigrate (slightly) 'IDM' era of his as not as exciting as the Ravey period. Otherwise the review was very complimentary and also points out how Richard might have been the first person to make a 'fast' techno tune.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

if it was RDJ must have stepped in and said 'hey mike can we just dial the reverb decay down on this one? I promise you can keep the decay up to 20 seconds on all the other tracks, i just want a conservative amount of reverb on this one, thanks

"

haha :happy:

lurked for years, made an account just to post this!

the mega archive floating around a while ago was mine, and recently i've made it a browsable cloud folder. i'm updating this all the time with new comments/artwork etc as they happen

https://mega.co.nz/#F!3gYymAzK!aZe522FHKo1CksVCPpF_dw

Edited by realthanks

the mega archive floating around a while ago was mine, and recently i've made it a browsable cloud folder. i'm updating this all the time with new comments/artwork etc as they happen

Nice one, much appreciated!

Nice one, much appreciated!

no problem, i'm currently re-importing everything which might take ~15 minutes