IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

You can download nightmail now. I don't think anything else has changed though.

Sweet, I hadn't noticed that yet, Been a while since a download had been enabled, hope there are more.

downloads not enabled since the soundclog taken off

he said he "had to do it" probably from an order by some suits that he had to clear up?

maybe hes been told he can't enable downloads on anything else and they made a compromise, and can only enable ones he knows for sure has cleared samples. idk

he said he "had to do it" probably from an order by some suits that he had to clear up?

maybe hes been told he can't enable downloads on anything else and they made a compromise, and can only enable ones he knows for sure has cleared samples. idk

image.jpg?w=1024&c=1

Richie said later that the one-day SC account shutdown was in response to some nasty, brutal messages he had received, and he would do it again if he needed to. Don't think it had anything to do with BMI, Warp, downloads or Chrysalis.

Richie said later that the one-day SC account shutdown was in response to some nasty, brutal messages he had received, and he would do it again if he needed to. Don't think it had anything to do with BMI, Warp, downloads or Chrysalis.

o

he hasn't commented for a week now

bwwDVzP.gif

55911339.jpg

you could be spending that F5ing time spanking off, similar activity, better payoff[, hrmm debatable

just wanted to say (though probably jazz) that cornish spreek5b, though on soundcloud has no download option, when I deleted manmowers 3 zip files from my sony walkman and replaced it with the 1 whole zip file link from factmag, this track appeared on my player.

Edited by beerwolf

he's around, had a brief reply to a Q i had regarding the voting system approx 10 hours ago and it looks like he's removed the info/links from the account description in the last day or so too - but ya, looks like that awesome flurry of activity we had for a few weeks has stopped.

glad we had that, some incredibly interesting comments/insights into his process or past.

keep in mind too this has all been happening in bouts; there's been months of inactivity at times

what exactly is Chrysalis anyway? is the company who handle the music licensing side of business or something?

eg - the people who use afx music in their films(etc), are they mostly talking with chrysalis instead of warp?

chrysalis is his publisher. publishing deals cover all music written by one person, unlike labels where you can release things on different labels.

they do handle the music licensing, both trying to get his work in films/commercials and negotiating with ppl who want to use his music. also dealing with all the people who sample afx tracks, making sure that richard gets credit and his cut of the publishing royalties. bmi is the performance rights society that keeps track of what films/tv shows use his music and funneling the appropriate royalty to chrysalis, who then give richard his cut (prob half).

chrysalis was prob pissed about the release of these tracks because if they were used in a tv commercial, they (and richard) would not be able to get paid because the songs were not yet registered.

i need to start a band called "yeah right" and write an hit single called "that's fun to read it here..." And not use BMI, there's enough people out there that you could open source to your fans instances of licence infringement (give them free tickets to a show or something) and sue fuckers that are out of line. And not really give a shit when some random yemeni radio station plays your track 16 times in a month, it probably made people go to your bandcamp or your shows anyway. And this way some cuntly middle men aren't taking a cut for doing jack all.

:spiteful:

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

:facepalm:

The new batch is almost completely downloadable :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Wow, I was just listening a few oldies and scrolled back up and saw it, thought I was imagining it! OH YES :music::music::music:

I think only Phlid is missing, but yeah, already released so no suprise there :)

...And Cheetah7 in .wav too!

Now that I look at it, they all seem downloadable since the remaining tracks were already released if i'm correct.

+ Intothesky is missing too, and that wasn't released. It does have very recognizable RDJ Album sounds though (if that should have any relevance at all)

Guest bitroast

yay!!! download party :w00t:

ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty

Now that I look at it, they all seem downloadable since the remaining tracks were already released if i'm correct.

+ Intothesky is missing too, and that wasn't released. It does have very recognizable RDJ Album sounds though (if that should have any relevance at all)

Yes you are right, it reminds me of Girl/boy song to be honest.

Maybe there is a copyright issue???

Someone should change his Wikipedia page:

"In an unprecedented move, James posted 230 unreleased outtakes on SoundCloud over the first few months of 2015, making most of these all but two available for free download."