IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Was curious to see if any of you have created your own "selected soundcloud" or "chosen soundcloud" albums to easily digest your favorite tracks. Seeing some album length track listings would be awesome.

(This dump is awesome but i have to admit theres a fair amount of just whatever tracks that he probably threw together in a day)

I put together a shortlist.

Mind you, it's 57 tracks, 4:25:31 long.

Between that and the Solid Steel Radio Mix I'm finding most of my favourites from the entire dumpage.

I'm not sure what happened on my comp but my aphex soundcloud folders have gone from 231 tracks down to 214. I think itunes deleted some shit..

Any chance some kind soul will hook me up with a zip file of all the tracks/artwork?

nevermind I found them!

Edited by StephenG

so let's see, saw 1 re-release w/ alternate versions, sosw2, best of soundcloud release, cheetah EP, mike+rich re-release w/ extra tracks.

Plus who knows whatever original music is on the back-burner for release, since all this soundcloud stuff is cherry-picked as stuff he wouldn't want to release physically. Makes me think there's another few folders on his computer he's chucking other material into that he does want to release.

And let's not forget this track which he has stated to be earmarked for release

honestly can't wait for this one, it's just a banger!!!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOQBq20UAI

What??? When did he say that?

I think that was when someone asked if it was a squarepusher track and if it was going to be released. Rich replied "yes and no" to which you can assign different meanings. I took it to mean, "yes this is squarepusher, no it wont be released" but you could see it the other way.

I take it the same way you do.

yes squarepusher, no release. Squarepusher also played this track at the warp20 show where he said he was playing exclusively his own (and mostly) unreleased material...

4 mins in

i thought too it was a squarepusher track but after that vague comment you mention, there was this exchange:

JqXrAr6.gif

jesus how was "pretend analog extmix 2b" not released as part of analords?

Great track... 1:32 :emb:

It was recorded two years too late, for one. :wink:

Interesting, I never saw that! wow

jesus how was "pretend analog extmix 2b" not released as part of analords?

Great track... 1:32 :emb:

It was recorded two years too late, for one. :wink:

It's so good though! =(

Aye its awesome but it is well more Tuss than Analord

wat?

was there even a 303 anywhere in the Tuss releases? lol

tuss and analord sound like aphex twin and so does this track

What's EAP 21?

wat?

tuss and analord sound like aphex twin and so does this track

derplol

wat?

Well there prob ain't actualy a proper 303 on this either going by the title! But think pretend analog would have fitted nicely on Confederation trough the 1st track on thats got a bit fat acidy synth sound!

i thought too it was a squarepusher track but after that vague comment you mention, there was this exchange:

JqXrAr6.gif

Oh. Well then. How bout that...

wat?

Well there prob ain't actualy a proper 303 on this either going by the title! But think pretend analog would have fitted nicely on Confederation trough the 1st track on thats got a bit fat acidy synth sound!

good point, I kind of figured that's what the "pretend" in the track title was about.

Awesome track either way I hope it gets picked for release.

Holy crap. Thanks, I didn't know this even existed. Shit

originally released between 2005 & 2008 across 23 eps

2 each by impakt and fah

the rest (what is featured on the bandcamp release) by EOD

21 was never released

so let's see, saw 1 re-release w/ alternate versions, sosw2, best of soundcloud release, cheetah EP, mike+rich re-release w/ extra tracks.

Plus who knows whatever original music is on the back-burner for release, since all this soundcloud stuff is cherry-picked as stuff he wouldn't want to release physically. Makes me think there's another few folders on his computer he's chucking other material into that he does want to release.

And let's not forget this track which he has stated to be earmarked for release

honestly can't wait for this one, it's just a banger!!!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOQBq20UAI

What??? When did he say that?

I think that was when someone asked if it was a squarepusher track and if it was going to be released. Rich replied "yes and no" to which you can assign different meanings. I took it to mean, "yes this is squarepusher, no it wont be released" but you could see it the other way.

I take it the same way you do.

yes squarepusher, no release. Squarepusher also played this track at the warp20 show where he said he was playing exclusively his own (and mostly) unreleased material...

4 mins in

JqXrAr6.gif

Exactly the comment I was referring to :) I'm looking forward to that release...

surprised very few have been been posting masterings of these. some people may not have read richard commented that many of these songs need eqing, seemingly inviting us to do it. sline seems to do quite well with some eqing. will post what i did eventually.

This seems like a brilliant idea. Maybe someone can start a thread for eq'd tracks? Honestly I feel like 99% of the soundcloud tracks are suitable for release, I mean they *are* released and I am enjoying them very much, it's too excruciating though maybe necessary to choose between some and others for a release. Anyway my only thought was if you are mastering certainly you want the originalest recording, the tape or dat whatever the case may be. However, if the download is of a certain threshold of quality it's probably just as well also considering it may not be done at all otherwise.