IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Night doesn't rhyme with feet you fucken idiots

They come out at Nye-eet

That's what it sounds like to me. The emphasis and accent/dialect on the word fit so that night does rhyme with feet.

Night doesn't rhyme with feet you fucken idiots

They come out at Nye-eet

That's what it sounds like to me. The emphasis and accent/dialect on the word fit so that night does rhyme with feet.

Exactly how I always heard it, it's a pretty clear recording but maybe the "when I eat" people got a 96k transcode from bearshare

whether it rhymes or not beetles do come out at night and don't come out when i eat

most rhyming songs don't perfectly rhyme anyway

yawning doesn't rhyme with morning

"made of this" doesn't rhyme with "disagree"

"I've seen rain" doesn't rhyme with "would never end", "find a friend", and "see you again"

this debate will go on long after we're dead and consumed by beetles at night

Is it not

They come out at night?

Heat.

btw,

This isn't the first time this has been asked.

Now that we have the opportunity, one of us should just ask him in the soundcloud comments and put it to bed.

Edited by J3FF3R00

Is it not

They come out at night?

Heat.

btw,

This isn't the first time this has been asked.

Now that we have the opportunity, one of us should just ask him in the soundcloud comments and put it to bed.

I've seen it asked in there, but only as "night or heat?" so not sure if he even knows the context :)

There's probably more but I've only noticed that one

All sides on this are so confident that if he confirms anything many minds will be blown

If he says it's "in the heat" I'll have to look into counselling to get through it

At least "when I eat" doesn't put the emphasis on "the", but then again i'm firmly in the night camp so my opinions are questionable

I can just about hear it as "night" now that everyone's mentioned it if i force myself to, but it doesn't work. If he's saying night he says it in a really weird way that doesn't follow his accent. It's like Nyeet or something. Whereas "heat" follows everything and sounds completely normal. Listen to it and try to hear heat instead of night, it's definitely heat. Night doesn't rhyme with feet either. :catrecline:

This all very cozy but i gotta refer you guys back to the bottom of page 481 and ask where the hell is my nightmail? and am i missing any other post.

Jesus is that what all those night or heat comments are about on his soundcloud? It's heat. Absolutely no question. How on earth are people hearing night...

Because he says night.

"they come out at heat" makes absolutely no sense. Anyone that hears "they come out in the heat" is adding extra syllables.

Edited by StephenG