IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Im always hopeful. Maybe the "wound it back" was in reference to the onslaught of the last dump. winding it back before springing it forward again? I agree 228 is a lot (all at once), but with the bursts of 20-30 at a time it was perfect. I don't necessarily want tracks every day, or week or month... but it's harsh thinking the gates have closed. As everyone else has mentioned tho - I am still amazed that these are even out there to listen to at all. They have filled me with such strange nostalgia and gratitude. Afx has been about 80% of the music i listen to in 2015 (which hasnt happened since 2001/2002!! So crazy!). Also- as obsessive as i have been with them, I still find moments i didnt notice and then its like all new for me. I am beyond thankful. (which feels even more dick like: "Im beyond thankful but do you have anymore plz?")

i'm a bit surprised by the avalanche of tracks, i heard AFX has load of tunes in his vaults/HD but hearing like 228 new tunes, is a bit like digging in the farmersmanual archive set (quite different type of music tho) or the colundi tracks, there are so many tunes that i sometimes get lost. cant say if its a good thing or not, like SAW85-92 is a masterpiece because of the "selected" part (best AFX bits of the times), there are obviously many weird tunes and not that great tracks but mostly this AFX vault is a treasure for electronic music fan. those hours & hours of unreleased music sounds truly 2015, i mean, its a bit like discovering new artists on youtube, whole records are uploaded, you dont have the time to listen to it all, but hey it's free and sometimes totally brillant, so i guess its a new way of listening to music.

My only whine is the lack of DrukQs out-takes/variations. Other than that, what we got was more than we could ever have hoped for.

That said....you got any more of those tunes Rich? Just a taste, just dab it on me tongue son :'(

My only whine is the lack of DrukQs out-takes/variations. Other than that, what we got was more than we could ever have hoped for.

That said....you got any more of those tunes Rich? Just a taste, just dab it on me tongue son :'(

I'm sure he'll keep dosing it out in the coming months and years, unloading it all now prevents future excitement down the road

- in the later part of the dump this forum stopped blowing up as much when new tracks were posted, people were getting too used to it

He's released more than enough for us to digest for a few years at least, let him get on with mastering the cream of the crop, and writing and releasing new music. He can come back and do drukqs-era stuff in a few years hopefully.

Im always hopeful. Maybe the "wound it back" was in reference to the onslaught of the last dump. winding it back before springing it forward again? I agree 228 is a lot (all at once), but with the bursts of 20-30 at a time it was perfect. I don't necessarily want tracks every day, or week or month... but it's harsh thinking the gates have closed. As everyone else has mentioned tho - I am still amazed that these are even out there to listen to at all. They have filled me with such strange nostalgia and gratitude. Afx has been about 80% of the music i listen to in 2015 (which hasnt happened since 2001/2002!! So crazy!). Also- as obsessive as i have been with them, I still find moments i didnt notice and then its like all new for me. I am beyond thankful. (which feels even more dick like: "Im beyond thankful but do you have anymore plz?")

I have the exact same feeling when listening to the tracks. Always hear something new whic amazes me, leaving me wondering how I hadn't noticed it before.

I would say my percentage is up to 95%. If it wasn't for my girlfriend who once in a while puts on some other music I think it would be even higher.

Plus the fact that we know he has more laying around, man just that thought is worth the time to wait for it to be posted.

Exciting times, exciting times...

Guest cult fiction

Re-listening over and over for the last 25 minutes to pretend analog extMix 2b. So damn good. Definitely in the top 5 of the whole lot.

I'd like to hear a real analog version

Re-listening over and over for the last 25 minutes to pretend analog extMix 2b. So damn good. Definitely in the top 5 of the whole lot.

Just pretend.

H E A T Master race signing in.

Are all the Night weirdos American?

Not at all man.

I have always thought it was Heat. Was surprised there was even a debate.

I don't know who they are or where they're from, but anyone who forces two syllables into "night" really should get a PET scan, because it's clearly a tumor.

H E A T Master race signing in.

Are all the Night weirdos American?

Not at all man.

I have always thought it was Heat. Was surprised there was even a debate.

I don't know who they are or where they're from, but anyone who forces two syllables into "night" really should get a PET scan, because it's clearly a tumor.

Adding syllables happens all the time in songs, it leads to misheard lyrics fairly often

Neil Young forced four syllables into "night" in Tonight's the Night, but then again he's Canadian and he did have an aneurysm 30 years later

Skrillex FACT Interview
Before we go, I have kind of a silly last question for you. How much of the Aphex Twin SoundCloud have you listened to?

So much of it. I’m always on SoundCloud, in general, but the new stuff? I’ve listened to all of it. I just put it on and clean my house to it. I found my old CD book and I wanna take a photo of it because I have every [Aphex Twin] CD. Some of the actual CDs are missing but I have every release up until 2006. I know he’s released more stuff since then, but I haven’t bought a CD since 2006. But I have every single [one], like Caustic Window, Polygon Window, every Analord you can buy on CD.

Just pretend.

I don't know why James would have omitted this special track from the Analord's. It's bloody genius. He must have forgotten about it when he was compiling all the EP's. He really must start filing things away neatly in folders so he can retrieve them at a later date.

Skrillex FACT Interview

Before we go, I have kind of a silly last question for you. How much of the Aphex Twin SoundCloud have you listened to?

So much of it. I’m always on SoundCloud, in general, but the new stuff? I’ve listened to all of it. I just put it on and clean my house to it. I found my old CD book and I wanna take a photo of it because I have every [Aphex Twin] CD. Some of the actual CDs are missing but I have every release up until 2006. I know he’s released more stuff since then, but I haven’t bought a CD since 2006. But I have every single [one], like Caustic Window, Polygon Window, every Analord you can buy on CD.

What, all one of them?

Have been listening to the soundcloud orgasmatron on random for the last couple of days at work. So much goodness.

Skrillex FACT Interview

What, all one of them?

lol

Looks like Skrillex has been unmasked as a n00b who's been trading on AFX's name to give his own pop hits some credence.

Oh Skrillex, you paper mached faced manchild. Go to the barbers and get a nice short back and sides and reinvent yourself as ska star. A teddy boy.

Skrillex FACT Interview

What, all one of them?

lol

real lol. poor kid can't catch a break/do himself any favours.