IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

PurpleMoustache

About track comments. You have to edit ID3 tag by yourself, in archive tracks consist only what Richard wrote. As I said above everything is original even date of uploading each track on sc.

Detailed information about tracks and comments:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview

umil isn't new, though?

Even if it was made in 2006-07 it is new, the stuff hes making today will be new in 2020. "New AFX music" logic since 1988, bruv.

Marchrom was made August 2014. That's his new stuff.

umil isn't new, though?

Even if it was made in 2006-07 it is new, the stuff hes making today will be new in 2020. "New AFX music" logic since 1988, bruv.

Marchrom was made August 2014. That's his new stuff.

ok boss so lets wait for new marchromish stuff then :catsalute:

Nice! The Uchoob trax links are back. Awesome.

That was like the thread i thought about the most last time i saw everything was gone, or made private.

(And ofcourse the rest is not deleted. Thats good. Just hidden, and thats alright with me.)

Uchoob thread is golden. Soo much good music. And im happy that i contributed with a few tracks a while back that i like. ;)

And really fun to experience some of RDJ, music taste, also. Awesome music out there.

Nice. Me like that thread, allot.

startin to wonder if he hides tracks whenever he's not near a computer so he'll always be there while comments are coming in, like he's into the back/forth

Guest bitroast

who gives a shit how old/new stuff is just wish he'd release anything soon

ye. making HEAPS of music + sitting on it gives good perspective for what's good and what's shit. (or, in afx case, what's good and what's amazing).

the soundcloud really shifted my perception on the dudes music.

the released albums are all so perfect and finely put together and it really gave this guy the aura of being some music god.

the soundcloud kind of shifted that and removed the god status. now he just seems like a guy who's super into making music as much as possible (and happens to make really, really, really, really, really good stuff).

so yes. i don't see the point in bringing up the new/old tracks point all the time. sitting on old tracks just means when they are finally released they'll be released in a good and proper context (much prefer something i can put on and listen to as opposed to a mish mash of songs).

ye. making HEAPS of music + sitting on it gives good perspective for what's good and what's shit. (or, in afx case, what's good and what's amazing).

the released albums are all so perfect and finely put together and it really gave this guy the aura of being some music god.

the soundcloud kind of shifted that and removed the god status. now he just seems like a guy who's super into making music as much as possible (and happens to make really, really, really, really, really good stuff).

so yes. i don't see the point in bringing up the new/old tracks point all the time. sitting on old tracks just means when they are finally released they'll be released in a good and proper context (much prefer something i can put on and listen to as opposed to a mish mash of songs).

I imagine this sentiment is applicable to the other "IDM" greats, such as squarepusher, autechre, boc, uziq, etc.

why the fuck do people keep bringing her up

sheesh

People have been talking about her non stop for so long that it's an instinct to mention her at least 100 times on each page of this thread.

Jessica is the new Leah

Would be nice if he released 4xCD MFM album =)

Yeah I'm thinking a box set is on the way, maybe another 26 Mixes type compilation?

+1 shows that he's got where he has because of hard work, love for music and not just great talent.

+1 shows that he's got where he has because of hard work, love for music and not just great talent.

Had a very similar experience early on. The thing is that I actually like his music that much more now, because besides his official releases still being no less amazing, the SC dump has also given us a small peek into his creative processes.

Edited by reapersquush

Had a very similar experience early on. The thing is that I actually like his music that much more now, because besides his official releases still being no less amazing, the SC dump has also given us a small peek into his creative processes.

same here, it was great to hear that even aphex started somewhere. hearing all that stuff is so inspiring. not because they are perfect tracks, but because it shows hes done loads of tracks every day, experimenting around, for so many years!