IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Zoë Blade says at 1:37:

@user18081971: Are there any plans to release MFM? You wrote a lot of fun, catchy tunes in those sessions that I still love to bits.

user18081971 says at 1:37:

@zoeblade: ah thnx zoe, yeah it is planned, gotta get it together very soon, like in a week as warp say if i dont give it to them by then finished it wont be out till next year as pressing plants are so busy

Edited by psn

I don't know what you chaps are talking about with dynamics and subtly, sure I was listening on tv speakers, and I don't like to speculate anymore cause I never used to get burned, but have more recently (a jidomatix and a beatwife track, I was thinking that aphex would have moved his style on a bit so was willing to accept that they could be phex'ee. Incidently this backbeat bump is pretty well centre in the aphex funk style compared to those other tusstemps.) There is nothing actually wrong with the that track, in either mix or flow, it does get a bit samey, not enough variety for lil ole me. But if you're trying to posit next level mastery as a reason for charge separation, betwixt this track and the werk of the phex'ee, you'd be denying that he has put out stuff of many varying levels of production skill intensity.

uuuu sacrilege

hmvb6Di.pngOh man

imminent.

wicked!

Insider bro strikes again! God this is amazing news, MfM was remade in 2007, right at the height of the Tuss. Release of the decade I'm calling it, I'm BEYOND excited! :)

Not sure if he finished it by then, didn't he say in the sc comments he had to finish it a few months ago and turn it in to Warp so that they could release it around January? Could be wrong, sourcing from a hangover filled memory cesspool.

KqrIBhl.png

Yeah, I'm aware of that, it's his comment on soundcloud that questions that statement. Not sure if I'm able to dig that comment back up though, now that most tracks are hidden.

Anyway, it's funny reading back that interview. If you look up the thread about that interview on here you'll just read scepticism, nobody thought it would ever happen :)

Zoë Blade says at 1:37:

@user18081971: Are there any plans to release MFM? You wrote a lot of fun, catchy tunes in those sessions that I still love to bits.

user18081971 says at 1:37:

@zoeblade: ah thnx zoe, yeah it is planned, gotta get it together very soon, like in a week as warp say if i dont give it to them by then finished it wont be out till next year as pressing plants are so busy

Yeah, I am aware of the comment, but IMO the phrase "get it together" means more compiling/mastering, rather than actually remaking/recomposing the tracks. Each to their own interpretation though, only thing that matters is that we are mere months away, super exciting. :)

I don't think that he would have rewritten it in a week, if that was the case, I don't know if I'd care for the result so much. Sure they were written in no time that's true, but you know what I mean. There'd be some extra thought put into a reworking, over and above the madness of just creative flowing that was the original sessions.

fuck yeah wut the hell is going on :catnope:?? what does [prev.] mean? preview?

exite!!

Amazing fucking track - I hope he finds more ICBYD-era outtakes.

[prev.] == previously

Dat part @ 1:24 tho... beauty!

Wow, thanks for this on this black monday, heartwarming track really

exite!!

Previously lost track, but now he discovered it again? It really sounds pretty lo-fi-ish, volume-wise it's really quiet for me?

Guest bitroast

wow yeh.

is a really lovely track and keeps being lovely after couple repeated listens : >

Wow, thanks for this on this black monday, heartwarming track really <3

exite!!

Previously lost track. but now he discovered it again? It really sounds pretty lo-fi-ish, volume-wise it's really quiet for me?

i found it sounds quiet and bit weird on speakers (altho this is with fan + aircon on sooo i donno).

definitely sounds super nice tho on headphones :)