IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Just read through some of that thread. Ho-hum. :/ I not only listen to, but make music.

That's great!

Checking out your soundcloud now. =)

edit: squelchy acidy stuff. i like

I second that emotion, and third it...really liking this stuff

:music:

What is going on here?! LOL

1U5e6j4.png

Seems like he must have changed his avatar to P, then posts A, now hes changed it to A. Spelling out Aphex Twin...... Yes that is your name :)

Puzzle master it out bro. You got this.

Nice that Richard finally sees fit to provide names for the tracks - I bet that's what was written on the DATs when he originally composed them.

Wouldn't a SAW II Deluxe quad-vinyl edition, remastered from the originals, new artwork, track names, bonus tracks, etc. be nice?

The mind reels...

Of course it would be awesome, yet the fact that SAW2 tracks only ever had fan-given names is part of the magic surrounding the album in my humble opinion. I like when artists take time to explain how a mythic album was produced but in this very particular case it just wouldn't fit.

Blue Calx had an offical name

Nice that Richard finally sees fit to provide names for the tracks - I bet that's what was written on the DATs when he originally composed them.

Wouldn't a SAW II Deluxe quad-vinyl edition, remastered from the originals, new artwork, track names, bonus tracks, etc. be nice?

The mind reels...

Of course it would be awesome, yet the fact that SAW2 tracks only ever had fan-given names is part of the magic surrounding the album in my humble opinion. I like when artists take time to explain how a mythic album was produced but in this very particular case it just wouldn't fit.

You're right. I always thought the "Calx" tracks were special to Richard and he wanted us to focus on that particular track. Wouldn't have been the same if all tracks were given a name !

(Just arguing for the pleasure of arguing !)

The mind reels...

You're right. I always thought the "Calx" tracks were special to Richard and he wanted us to focus on that particular track. Wouldn't have been the same if all tracks were given a name !

(Just arguing for the pleasure of arguing !)

Yes, nobody's disputing that - my point is, the rest of the tracks were left nameless and instead represented by pictures, the size of which correlated to their % of the overall running time of the album. I'm not sure if the BLUE CALX image fit that, but I would suspect so.

I also think these tracks all had names when Richard made them, and the names were dropped for the album concept. Now, he's revealed they actually did have names, and if a reissue is planned, perhaps these names will be on the release...

I'm not sure why exactly, but the concept of a re-release of existing material isn't that exciting to me. I would buy it, yeah. But I'm way more excited at the possibility of a reworked/remade/NEW version of MfM or something along those lines.

The music is 99% of the album for me, so putting existing music in a new box with a new coloured vinyl or something just doesn't do it for me. =/

Srry

I'm not sure why exactly, but the concept of a re-release of existing material isn't that exciting to me. I would buy it, yeah. But I'm way more excited at the possibility of a reworked/remade/NEW version of MfM or something along those lines.

The music is 99% of the album for me, so putting existing music in a new box with a new coloured vinyl or something just doesn't do it for me. =/

Srry

:sad: