IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

We're getting this request on almost every page now. Maybe if someone can keep up a full archive link I can make a seperate pinned (and locked) thread for as long this goes on?

Or... should I ask permission to host the files for download here at WATMM? I've always avoided this as it is Richard's music and he decides what is and isn't available, etc., but it would be easier for the fans who missed out on the previous tracks.

Doesn't marking a thread "answered" pin it to the top of every sub-page in a thread? That would be another way.

That would be even better actually!

We tried the "answered" method a few times in this thread but for some reason it seems to disappear after a few pages / weeks. Not sure why!

OK, no promises but I'll see if Richard will respond...

I like MEGA for this AFX Aventur because it is so easy to update as track descriptions and artwork change. Plus, people can sort on time stamp and grab only what is changed or new (as opposed to downloading a massive ZIP/RAR just to grab a few stragglers).

I've been maintaining this archive for WATMM-ites since the beginning, no plans to let it fall into disrepair (unless RDJ requests).

https://mega.nz/#F!HMcAgABI!TXaiAlHSGTno2ki_TuoJPQ

I'm sure I am not alone in saying we really appreciate you keeping this up-to-date - we've never gotten any requests to remove any download links for this, so either they are not aware, or Richard doesn't mind at this point.

awesome, gotta love the internet! extacly what i was looking for, thanks you

was inthesky made with this lambdoma thing, yes to my ears

Edited by Deer

had a quick peep and "you belong to me afx" edit is missing, also get that damn T17 rip off it, yuck

else danks a lot to everyone who made this possible, good to have em on a safespot *spills beer over laptop*

I added track numbers to the ID3 tags and named the files so they would sort properly... so any media player that lets you "sort by" should work. I like Foobar personally:

4QCZaF4.jpg

Apparently, iTunes doesn't display the Track Number column by default? Stupid! Why would a music player not default to playing tracks in order?

Hit CTRL-J to bring up View Options, turn on the Track Number column, then you can sort them properly.

Edited by jsmcpn

I guess RDJ is smarter than trying to avoid the inevitable

I thought by enabling the Download button on almost all those tracks that he WANTED all his fans to have their own copy?

I guess RDJ is smarter than trying to avoid the inevitable

I thought by enabling the Download button on almost all those tracks that he WANTED all his fans to have their own copy?

You would think... he might have changed his mind after realizing some of these tracks may be worthy of release after all...

Guest Londonskater

I'm sure most folks downloading them are the same folks who would buy them in the right package later.

Right?

Might just be me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure most folks downloading them are the same folks who would buy them in the right package later.

Right?

Might just be me.

Maybe not everyone, but most.

Richard imo surfs the perfect wave between his own domain and the mainstream. He just seems to know exactly how to manipulate the water.

I know reading the Warp Records book, Steve Beckett said he has a zen-like control over his (music) life. Even in the new on-line/internet age he emerges as a Zen Master. Knowing exactly what to do, just like the wisest of Wise Grasshoppers.

I'm drunk and I came briefly here to say I love you. And I love Richard. And it's my birthday. So I love everything. I'm gonna go back to real life now.

Savage! and God bless you. And God bless the power of music. Happy new year :cool:

See you all in 2016

Right?

Might just be me.

Not just you. I've listened to these tracks all year and I'd still jump at the chance to preorder a selection, or multiple selections, of them as a release, and I'm sure most folks here are the same.

Man, can't wait to see what Aphex Adventures are in store for 2016. WOOT!

I love aphex talking shit about squarepusher. first the robots album, then about him putting the crowd noises in his tracks. I hope they get into a feud of some kind. Reason being I think it would result in some really good music being released.

Right?

Might just be me.

Yepo, and consequently I haven't downloaded a thing. And even if many don't make a purchase later, they're probably not listening to it much anyway or don't have the financial means to, like say if they're from some broke arse Latin american country. And you can't begrudge them a little aphex in their lives, plus they'll spread the message of the good phexations which will come back in sales and tour slots in the future anyway. Look how many in South America go to see iron maiden, I wonder how many had initially gotten into it through non legit distribution.

I love aphex talking shit about squarepusher. first the robots album, then about him putting the crowd noises in his tracks. I hope they get into a feud of some kind. Reason being I think it would result in some really good music being released.

?