IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

so did anyone else get blue balls from all those albums Richard hinted at during the sc?

SAW 1.5

SAW re-release

SAW 3? maybe, I can't remember

Sosw 2

piano album

cheetah ep

mfm

drukqs 2 (same track titles, different tracks)

modular album (didn't say he would re-release it, but mentioned it (along with phlegm ep))

I could be forgetting some... but still ^^^^ wtf Richard :DD

these will never be released. he's just pulling our legs. :cry:

so did anyone else get blue balls from all those albums Richard hinted at during the sc?

SAW 1.5

SAW re-release

Sosw 2

piano album

cheetah ep

mfm

modular album (didn't say he would re-release it, but mentioned it (along with phlegm ep))

Well, you forgot a release of the top tracks from the entire soundcloud dump :)

What was that about a piano album? Either forgot or missed that... Another CCAI release would be cool anyway!

I highly doubt Drukqs 2 and Saw 3 (too good to be true? And I could be wrong but I thought he mentioned that as just being an idea but went with what we know as Drukqs instead), and didn't he also release most of the

on soundcloud already?

The thing that was interesting was the fact that we had Renaat from R&S Records saying in an interview during the Syro release that he had recently got back in touch with AFX for reasons he was not allowed to discuss. Not long after that we had AFX making that SAW 1.5 playlist. I'm kind of hoping for a rerelease including bonus tracks (which I think was what AFX was implying too). SAW 85-92 turns 25 years old next year, so...

SoSW2 seemed like a fun experiment but it seemed more like an experiment that might never result in anything. Way too early to say.

Besides that, there was also:

- Recently announced ongoing work with tDr mentioned by Ian

- AFX wanting to start a Mixcloud (or, from the Noyzelab interview: a audiovisual collab with Weirdcore together with his mixes)

- All the tapes he found one day and announced that might or might not ever pop up (not counting on this one :))

- The Aphex Twin bleepstore that was 'online' (completely empty though) right around the opening of the Autechre bleepstore. This could be the ongoing work with tDr, and obviously has a lot of potential.

I'm positive things are in the works though :)

Guest bitroast

looking forward to nintendo virtual console hitting the 3DS.

earthbound and super metroid in particular are games are want on my handheld.

SAW 1.5

SAW re-release

Sosw 2

piano album

cheetah ep

mfm

Well, you forgot a release of the top tracks from the entire soundcloud dump :)

What was that about a piano album? Either forgot or missed that... Another CCAI release would be cool anyway!

I highly doubt Drukqs 2 and Saw 3 (too good to be true? And I could be wrong but I thought he mentioned that as just being an idea but went with what we know as Drukqs instead), and didn't he also release most of the

on soundcloud already?

The thing that was interesting was the fact that we had Renaat from R&S Records saying in an interview during the Syro release that he had recently got back in touch with AFX for reasons he was not allowed to discuss. Not long after that we had AFX making that SAW 1.5 playlist. I'm kind of hoping for a rerelease including bonus tracks (which I think was what AFX was implying too). SAW 85-92 turns 25 years old next year, so...

SoSW2 seemed like a fun experiment but it seemed more like an experiment that might never result in anything. Way too early to say.

Besides that, there was also:

- Recently announced ongoing work with tDr mentioned by Ian

- AFX wanting to start a Mixcloud (or, from the Noyzelab interview: a audiovisual collab with Weirdcore together with his mixes)

- All the tapes he found one day and announced that might or might not ever pop up (not counting on this one :))

- The Aphex Twin bleepstore that was 'online' (completely empty though) right around the opening of the Autechre bleepstore. This could be the ongoing work with tDr, and obviously has a lot of potential.

I'm positive things are in the works though :)

good summary + this:

hmvb6Di.pngOh man

looking forward to nintendo virtual console hitting the 3DS.

earthbound and super metroid in particular are games are want on my handheld.

u wot m8

And let's not forget the Sonar track which he stated was earmarked for release... I really hope he's going through with that, that track really deserves to be pressed on some good fat vinyl!!!

And let's not forget the Sonar track which he stated was earmarked for release... I really hope he's going through with that, that track really deserves to be pressed on some good fat vinyl!!!

It already was pressed on vinyl by Grant probably somewhere in the early 00's, but Squarepusher was very opposed to releasing it. That's what Philie-T said in this thread (an insider) a while ago (as well as confirming it's a track by Squarepusher). I'm still leaving the option open of it being a collab because at one point Aphex said it's earmarked for release, but yeah, Squarepusher.

Btw, Cylob played two other tracks of that exact acid white label too, in this set from 2003:

http://www.percussionlab.com/sets/cylob/live_on_kando_fm_2003

If I recall correctly, Squarepusher played all three (!) tracks at the Warp20 gig, a gig he announced as him digging through his old unreleased tracks archive. He even segways one of those Cylob acid white label tracks into the "Sonar" track.

And I know about the yes & no post Aphex made on soundcloud regarding that thread, but everyone interprets that completely different so it's pretty much a useless statement.

#TeamSquarepusher

It already was pressed on vinyl by Grant probably somewhere in the early 00's, but Squarepusher was very opposed to releasing it. That's what Philie-T said in this thread (an insider) a while ago (as well as confirming it's a track by Squarepusher). I'm still leaving the option open of it being a collab because at one point Aphex said it's earmarked for release, but yeah, Squarepusher.

Btw, Cylob played two other tracks of that exact acid white label too, in this set from 2003:

If I recall correctly, Squarepusher played all three (!) tracks at the Warp20 gig, a gig he announced as him digging through his old unreleased tracks archive. He even segways one of those Cylob acid white label tracks into the "Sonar" track.

And I know about the yes & no post Aphex made on soundcloud regarding that thread, but everyone interprets that completely different so it's pretty much a useless statement.

#TeamSquarepusher

That acid line to me has some pure Aphex magic to it.

#TeamCollab

sometimes things gt a bit boring and u hv to find other things to do fr awhile tht r nt so boring, and thn maybe u do th old thngs again..

Well, you could ask some people to do the boring stuff for you. Right?

#TeamNotBoring

#TeamSquarepusher

I understand what you're saying (didn't know about Phillie-T's remark, thanks for that).

Still can't help but wonder why rdj would post something like that then...

Anyway, hope that one way or another the track will be released, simply because it's fucking great. Don't care who releases it...

sometimes things gt a bit boring and u hv to find other things to do fr awhile tht r nt so boring, and thn maybe u do th old thngs again..

Hold on. Are YOU Richard?

Hi billcorey

I can emphatically state that Redruth is NOT Richard. He's somebody though...

I can emphatically state that Redruth is NOT Richard. He's somebody though...

Steinvord!? Burial?!? Skrillex? Elvis?!

We've got tracks from that dump that we would never have attributed to him.

yep

Actually do not agree with this...

To me this is perfectly Aphex... the drums remind me of AB tracks, the melodies on this are so fucking great remind me of rdj album and AB ep's (like for instance AB5's A1 track), melodies that bring vast horizons visions to my mind every single time...

Maybe the only thing is the minimalistic approach to the song that could be doubted (and even this wouldn't be that surprising since at the time he was making music with Glass) about but other than that... It's pure Aphex genius.

the use of samples in it isn't very afx to my ears. neither are the melodies, they don't sound anything like anything off rdj to me.

lovely tune though.

Hi, this is my first post. Been following the SC dump since the start and checking here for news.

I remember Richard saying that he'd had a lot of requests for headphone recommendations and he mentioned some that he thought were the best for making music with. Does anyone remember the make/model? It was one I'd never heard of before.

Cheers

Hi, this is my first post. Been following the SC dump since the start and checking here for news.

I remember Richard saying that he'd had a lot of requests for headphone recommendations and he mentioned some that he thought were the best for making music with. Does anyone remember the make/model? It was one I'd never heard of before.

Cheers

I seem to recall he liked Sony headphones...

Cheers

I seem to recall he liked Sony headphones...

Audeze Lcd-3

Cheers

He claims to use Sony MDR-7510 and some type of Audeze Headphones with the price tag of 999999.99GBP :music: