IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

My god. If he could actually play the drum machine like he did the guitar ( my guitar is atill gently weeping!), than .... Wow ....m.i.n.d.i.s.b.l.o.w.n....

Hurrrghh, I'm about half a dozen tracks away from finishing the whole SCD (from the watmm link) from beginning to end. I started 2 weeks ago and began whittling my way through them just in case I'd missed great tunes (lifetrack2 eq, summer2, stringslush and 24 ems-aliasmgroove) or disregarded tunes that were worth keeping (symbonsad, 70's tune, spacebeat, random fx). Still don't get the love for the cheetah tracks. Though I'll never vote in the soundcloud poll it's been a great reference point for going along with each tune and seeing how many votes were cast.

I'm all AFX'd out right now for sure but in a good way. A good job done :music:

Edited by beerwolf

Hurrrghh, I'm about half a dozen tracks away from finishing the whole SCD (from the watmm link) from beginning to end. I started 2 weeks ago and began whittling my way through them just in case I'd missed great tunes (lifetrack2 eq, summer2, stringslush and 24 ems-aliasmgroove) or disregarded tunes that were worth keeping (symbonsad, 70's tune, spacebeat, random fx). Still don't get the love for the cheetah tracks. Though I'll never vote in the soundcloud poll it's been a great reference point for going along with each tune and seeing how many votes were cast.

I'm all AFX'd out right now for sure but in a good way. A good job done :music:

I'm in the middle of doing almost the same thing.

Trying to re-listen to the tracks I had not put in my first selection, so gotten forgotten a bit.

Surprisingly (or maybe not) there are some gems I missed, and I wonder how...

Well people change and so does taste and mind state.

Yeah. Good work Time Tourist.

A lot of the great tracks are pretty obvious, I guess it's the little oddities that suit your own personality which will change for each individual.

I think I owed it too Richard to have the dedication to run through them all from beginning to end, as he made the effort to his fans in releasing them.

TBH I don't know how the guy sleeps at night, his brain must be running at a million miles an hour.

Can anyone help me?

Is there a way to stream or download the SC dump to an Android phone?

I don't have a PC at the moment :( please help, I haven't listen to 4 ACH in agees

Edited by Deer

Can anyone help me?

I don't have a PC at the moment :( please help, I haven't listen to 4 ACH in agees

I know there's a soundcloud app for android. Is that not working for streaming/have you tried that?

=(

But all the tracks are gone , how can I stream them Thru SC? Unless there is a mirror account I'm not aware of, I searched for it, no luck :(

Edited by Deer

Most of the songs of the SC dump are on youtube, you could start there! Or dwl the whole dump from WATMM and then upload them to Google Play Music account!!!

Can anyone help me?

I know there's a soundcloud app for android. Is that not working for streaming/have you tried that?

=(

I actually thought you were joking hahaha

My pessimistic brain thinks that he might be done for a while. He seemed to retract pretty quickly. Obviously focusing on music, and might be out of that releasing music mood.

Therefore, I think Joyrex should have another kickstarter for another lost record of his.

I wanted to Kickstart MFM and ABB5... no interest, no dice.

oh, I never heard about it, or remember hearing about it. Probably just kinda went under the radar. I feel like it might work for MFM. Then again he's supposed to release it or something.

He has like 15 records he said he wants to release. No obvious progress on any of them xD

I hope he still has time to release the next aphex twin record I know he's working on. I bet in 2017 or 2018 we'll see it.

Edited by Brisbot

decided to randomly log in, noticed richard responds to a troll:

http://imgur.com/a/FOIfv

Don't understand why Soundcloud just doesn't delete these spammers. Should be an easy enough thing to do no?

Just fix up a flagging system and automatically block their account and delete all their activity...

Ah well, maybe this will be all gone once Soundcloud starts asking money for their services... Couldn't imagine people paying just to spam.

He posted that Boxenergy track on his profile

yeah pretty weird and it has the same art

also the spam reads like something richard would put on his warp artists page for the laughs

it's probably just a creepy troll tough

Guest VoltNine

That troll post is from /r/aphextwin on reddit. Someone keeps reposting that there, and I guess someone thought it would be funny to post it on Soundcloud.