IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Aphex listened to a few of my tracks and downloaded one.. (the only downloadable one)

Made my day. I walked around work with this stupid grin on my face. A few people stopped me to ask if I was on something. I could not get it off (the grin) for anything. One guy assumed I had just got laid. Told him "No, better." and walked off. He just had this quizzical look on his face.

Sorry, I had to post this somewhere.

Aphex listened to a few of my tracks and downloaded one.. (the only downloadable one)

Made my day. I walked around work with this stupid grin on my face. A few people stopped me to ask if I was on something. I could not get it off (the grin) for anything. One guy assumed I had just got laid. Told him "No, better." and walked off. He just had this quizzical look on his face.

Yeah saw he liked one of your tracks you are a fuckin badass boss man. And its a great track, congrats!

fucck thats nice!1

which track was it mr? I'm seeing lots of downloadable ones (if that soundcloud in your sig is yours?). Lots of goodness on that soundcloud =)

Good job either way, I'd be well chuffed.

Thanks for the compliments guys :)

which track was it mr? I'm seeing lots of downloadable ones (if that soundcloud in your sig is yours?). Lots of goodness on that soundcloud =)

Good job either way, I'd be well chuffed.

Yeah, I changed my sig to have the track he DL'd and liked, for now. He's listened to all of them in my spotlight, some a few times, so I wonder which ones he fancies besides chromatic hash in particular.

Wow, pretty cool comment! And fact that he decided to listen to your works :)

yeah, I wonder what compelled him to click on my name in the first place.

sounds like some of his vocal manipulations

I actually think he's never really done what I've did in chromatic hash ( i am not sure), at least not in the aphex releases, which may be why he likes it. Well, a lot of those methods he has, I am talking about the second half of the track specifically. He tends to concentrate on what he can do with acid basslines. I.. did a bunch of weird shit ( I've written the method down somewhere) and made bits of audio with frequency shifters, making sure there's audio information in a good swath of frequencies, and then turned them into pseudo-acid lines. Chromatic Hash is sampled frequency shifter central. The reason the track feels the way it does is the methods and mindset I had while making it. These days I do acid basslines more, but I need to get back to the other way of making those formant sounds.

the ultimate compliment :-)

that's what it feels like. I was wondering if any other musicians could give me a similar comment and me feel the same way. I'm not sure there are since aphex is 60+% of why I even make music. A few would come very close though.

Touched by gods means being a god. Hail brisby!

I'm trying not to let this get to my head you know :P

Edited by Brisbot

thanks for sharing the track Sagan. Yeah I haven't really heard much like it either. I showed it to a friend once and he said it feels like "Anime Ninjas running around". Not sure to take it as a compliment or not. I don't think it is :o

Edited by Brisbot

Brisbot

yeah, I wonder what compelled him to click on my name in the first place.

You are one of his prominent members on sc I remember he many times answered your questions on user18081971 profile

congrats brisbot, this is truely the best compliment one can hope for, seen that on sc :-). i would freak out too if aphex likes and comments my tracks, hehe!

Chromatic Hash sounds Shpongle as fuck

I've gotten that a lot for that song, and I agree for the first half of that track. The second half not so much as they're a slightly... ambient... group. I hadn't heard about them until after someone else said the track reminds them of Shpongle. I do like them.

I have another track which matches even more with their style that I haven't put up anywhere yet.

You are one of his prominent members on sc I remember he many times answered your questions on user18081971 profile

Yeah that's right. Being in proximity to someone for anything immediately increases your chances for being noticed by that person. Whether it's for a promotion, a significant other (or one night stand whatever you're looking for), or aphex.

congrats brisbot, this is truely the best compliment one can hope for, seen that on sc :-). i would freak out too if aphex likes and comments my tracks, hehe!

Yes, I've had this stupid grin on my face come up for the past 3 days, less and less as time goes on but it's still there. I was in some disbelief at first. I was less surprised that he listened and more surprised that he liked it enough to... like it (redundant a bit).

That's so cool. He did listen some of my tracks last year (via aphextwin account) but never commented anything. Anyways it was nice. only took this screen grab out of it all

post-19494-0-88336300-1462345062_thumb.jpg

Edited by anthing