IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

My take on the soundcloud dump is that's his version of AE_LIVE in that it's his way of having direct interaction with the fans. Autechre has their live shows (would they even make much $ off the NA tour? Tickets were like $30?), and Squarepusher is playing all his classic tracks with a live band via shoobadoobie one. They're all centered on some sort of live interaction with the fans.

Personally I think they are listening to the fans and this is a great time to be a fan of (good) warp acts.

Edited by StephenG

I could not get it off (the grin) for anything. One guy assumed I had just got laid. Told him "No, better." and walked off. He just had this quizzical look on his face.

:music::cool:

My take on the soundcloud dump is that's his version of AE_LIVE in that it's his way of having direct interaction with the fans. Autechre has their live shows (would they even make much $ off the NA tour? Tickets were like $30?), and Squarepusher is playing all his classic tracks with a live band via shoobadoobie one. They're all centered on some sort of live interaction with the fans.

Personally I think they are listening to the fans and this is a great time to be a fan of (good) warp acts.

Comparing soundcloud banter to blasting out mental beats at a gig is a bit of a streeetch. Its all good stuff but hardly comparable interaction-wise. Sorry i just turned 42 and am squirley :P Aslo RDJ had DJ'd a lot and ae, sp always do the rounds.... no biggy

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!???!!?????!!!

eaidc0.jpg

That's not the cover - there's not one badger on it...

Ever heard the end of snar2 on CCAI pt. 2?

That's not just any dog. Get familiar.

I'm in the secret aphex twin loop none of you guys know about, I seen the saw three cover, and that's it right there, with the dog.

every move AFX makes is unexpected, let me tell you.

@ anthing
that's awesome

@ oOOo
It's a good time to b alive, with saw 3: doggie style coming out.

The German short-haired pointer gracing the cover of SAW III is not only from a breed known for their superior hearing (note the prominent vascularity in the dog's ears, a trait that's been selected for over countless generations) in locating pheasants and other critters along with their other senses, they also are extremely sensitive to any sort of dissonance or high frequency noises. Actually, they've been used in the past (and less frequently in the present) as aids to more than a few orchestras around the world to point out where something may sound amiss. Handel and Wagner were known to bring one with them to rehearsals for that very reason.

So no. It's not just a dog. And if that blissful expression on its face is any indication of what's to come you better believe it's going to be lush.

Comparing soundcloud banter to blasting out mental beats at a gig is a bit of a streeetch. Its all good stuff but hardly comparable interaction-wise. Sorry i just turned 42 and am squirley :P Aslo RDJ had DJ'd a lot and ae, sp always do the rounds.... no biggy

It's not a stretch at all. At its core it's interacting directly with the fans in a way that the artists are comfortable with. You honestly think it's a coincidence that we don't have new studio albums from all three acts yet all are interacting with the fans in this live type manner?

This is part of Warp's regular marketing; this is warp's "live" rounds.

Edited by StephenG

I really doubt they're taking their orders from Warp. Warp couldn't make him dump those 200+ tracks if he didn't want to. AE and SP can make $$$ from their live stuff.

It's not a stretch at all. At its core it's interacting directly with the fans in a way that the artists are comfortable with. You honestly think it's a coincidence that we don't have new studio albums from all three acts yet all are interacting with the fans in this live type manner?

This is part of Warp's regular marketing; this is warp's "live" rounds.

Where does Damogen Furies fit into your theory? It seems pretty new to me, and was released during the initial soundcloud flood.

I don't see how gigging like they've always done is "interacting with fans" or giving something back.

In that case RDJ has done a shitload of "interacting" with his 100's of DJ sets 96-2014. We also know he's got more releases coming.

As for this being some sort of Warp-driven fan-payback to have SP and Ae produce live shows? sounds a bit simplistic. They're just doing their musical thing.

Edited by phudoshin

Aphex listened to a few of my tracks and downloaded one.. (the only downloadable one)

Made my day. I walked around work with this stupid grin on my face. A few people stopped me to ask if I was on something. I could not get it off (the grin) for anything. One guy assumed I had just got laid. Told him "No, better." and walked off. He just had this quizzical look on his face.

Sorry, I had to post this somewhere.

DCmsyDq.jpg

Aphex listened to a few of my tracks and downloaded one.. (the only downloadable one)

Made my day. I walked around work with this stupid grin on my face. A few people stopped me to ask if I was on something. I could not get it off (the grin) for anything. One guy assumed I had just got laid. Told him "No, better." and walked off. He just had this quizzical look on his face.

Sorry, I had to post this somewhere.

DCmsyDq.jpg

Yes, I now have no viable goals. I guess it's time to hang up my musician's hat and put on my writer's hat. I'll write the best damn erotic novels starring my fellow WATMMites

all the old tracks on sc are getting approximately -5 love

Well, BEFORE SC tons of them were getting -100 love being stuck on dusty old DAT tapes

all the old tracks on sc are getting approximately -5 love

Well, BEFORE SC tons of them were getting -100 love being stuck on dusty old DAT tapes

no, I mean the released ones that are up on sc now... no comments, few plays. I understand it's subscription and already released and owned by people but it's just this stark contrast

Don't get me wrong, BIG BIG love for all those vault tapes!