IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

and for someone like me, it's alienated me to the point where I don't really use SC as much - I might find an artist on SC, then go see if they have a Bandcamp and buy their music there (and be able to stream it as I like).

why is this? I haven't noticed a single difference in how I use the site since it started up.

Soundclouds website, mobile site, and app are all horrible. There's stuff you can't look at depending which one you're on. Every time I've ever logged into to any account I'm shown messages I've already received months ago. It's also not very good at loading songs when you want to play them or skip ahead in a mix. I don't think they've upgraded anything in years

Edited by rhythmcomplex

Soundclouds website, mobile site, and app are all horrible. There's stuff you can't look at depending which one you're on. Every time I've ever logged into to any account I'm shown messages I've already received months ago. It's also not very good at loading songs when you want to play them or skip ahead in a mix. I don't think they've upgraded anything in years

yeah the notification history is stored in cookies or localstorage or something, so doesn't work across different machines, annoying.

I like that we keep getting these glimpses into some of his production tools of older stuff. Supercollider, whatever tracker he mentioned, etc.

I like that we keep getting these glimpses into some of his production tools of older stuff. Supercollider, whatever tracker he mentioned, etc.

I'd like to see his philosophy on music making. I remember he said he wanted to mostly talk about his philosophy that in that SUPER LONG interview, then proceeded to literally JUST talk about gear :cry: . He mostly talks about gear, which is mostly interchangeable and not particularly interesting... well mostly since I only occasionally use hardware.

and for someone like me, it's alienated me to the point where I don't really use SC as much - I might find an artist on SC, then go see if they have a Bandcamp and buy their music there (and be able to stream it as I like).

why is this? I haven't noticed a single difference in how I use the site since it started up.

Yeah, I just ignore GO. I'm not gonna punish SC for something stupid that did that barely affects me :P

I'd like to see his philosophy on music making. I remember he said he wanted to mostly talk about his philosophy that in that SUPER LONG interview, then proceeded to literally JUST talk about gear :cry: . He mostly talks about gear, which is mostly interchangeable and not particularly interesting... well mostly since I only occasionally use hardware.

Yes same here, don't use hardware at all so my knowledge is very limited. But I assume it must be so interesting for the people who do!

I did tread the whole Syrobonkers interview, man I only understood like 5% of it :)

Edited by Time Tourist

Aphex philosophy on music making...

well I remember at one point he said that 'screwing around' was no less valid than any other track, and I THINK he said once that he would make things without thinking about it. He said about Satie he never wasted any notes, so he recognizes economy in composition. In syrobonkers he said his favorite artists didn't consider themselves artists and he said many times don't talk about the thing you are going to do before you do it because it detracts from it's energy [and leaves you open to look like a fool if it doesn't happen]. In a way maybe that's his way to say don't trust what he says about upcoming releases, because he doesn't agree with talking about things before they happen...

I'm pretty sure he was just referring to his ideas when it comes to making music, not really releases or anything. He also mentioned he was paying someone to make a new form of synthesis.

It seems like to me it just pertains to music, as he hasn't told us WHAT he's doing when it comes to new music.

I'm at the point where I rarely ever use Soundcloud at all. I never look for new artists and the only time I ever use it is to f5 on RDJ's soundchunk and to listen to WATMM users trax. Soundcloud GO just killed it officially.

Anyway, p-string sounds FANTASTIC in lossless. I can't wait for more of the dump.

*crosses fingers for 24/96* :wub:

Recorded approx 2005 at the bank & Lake district directly after Synthacon 9

Roland TR-808

Roland SH5 [x2]

Roland SH7

Roland Jupiter 6

Exc. analoggins -the Aviator

Boss CS1

Ensoniq Mirage DMS-8

SCI Pro1

Korg PS3300

Soundcraft Ghost 32

AKG BX25

TC electronic TC 1210 - Spatial Expander

Oram Pro Audio HD-EQ2

Klark Teknik DN362

Edited by psn

He posted an equipment list and background on the track...while we're talking about him talking about his approaches and methods. Richard, stop estalking us.

He posted an equipment list and background on the track...while we're talking about him talking about his approaches and methods. Richard, stop estalking us.

Everyone already knows that Brisbot is Richard

Everyone already knows that Brisbot is Richard

giphy.gif

I have a uh.. confession to make. I AM indeed AFX.. I'm not Aphex Twin, i'm AFX. yeah but you didn't see that one coming. Two different artist names EQUAL two different artists, use your brains.

It's also time to change my name and change my avatar to a beard. (my name will be "a beard")

Another WATMMer sent me this link a few weeks back. Some guy claiming I'm aphex. How are all these people onto me? I thought I have been covering my tracks. I'm even bothering to type in full sentences! :catnope: I am indeed a friend of Aphex... I AM AFX!!!! :whistling:

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/4inr2l/hello_evoava_is_aphex_or_friend_of_aphex/

Edited by Brisbot

Aphex = Ivan Ooze

AFX = Brisbot

Polygon Window = Bradley Strider

Dice Man = Andrew Dice Clay

The Tuss = Steinvord

Power-Pill = Ms. PacMan

Bradley Strider = Roger Waters

Q-Chastic = Q-Tip

its all quite ovcious when you think about it