IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I finally found the data cable for recharge my nw-a3000 which was my only device with these tracks on it. Feels so good hearing pretend analogue, Bradley echoes, etc. after all this time.

• 2 weeks later...

that's an interesting idea. I'm sure that some artwank has already done produced the longest album though and it's likely a few decades long. There's that longest performance that will last centuries using some low pitched instrument that is an installation somewhere in europe if memory serves.

that's an interesting idea. I'm sure that some artwank has already done produced the longest album though and it's likely a few decades long. There's that longest performance that will last centuries using some low pitched instrument that is an installation somewhere in europe if memory serves.

I actually looked it up. Some welsh band released a 111 track album with a run time of 4 hours 49 mins, 20 secs. Meaning, Aphex could smash their record by a LOT.

He should release a 222 track album, then send the welsh band a free copy in the mail.

While he's at it, he should also get the record for the longest album title. It's 70 something words.

all on 7" vinyl

of course. No CD release. That would be too expected

Edited by Brisbot

FUCK DJ SPRINKLES!

Ok I don't mean anything by it. I just wanted to type that out.

Also, the album is 32 hours long. Still not as long as the longest song, which is by thom yorke... which is 18 days long or something.

http://longplayer.org :)

Currently playing for over 16 years, it will play for a thousand years (and streams live non-stop!) without repetition.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk

It gets into hazy ground once you start including generative composition like that. Obviously it doesn't invalidate it as a piece of music, but anybody could set up a generative piece and let it play for as long as the computer running it would work. 

FUCK DJ SPRINKLES!

Ok I don't mean anything by it. I just wanted to type that out.

Also, the album is 32 hours long. Still not as long as the longest song, which is by thom yorke... which is 18 days long or something.

supposing it's released on cd and not 7" vinyl, thats like 24 cds, maybe round it up to 30, not bad. 

Accordion gatefold? :)

I've made all possible recordings 

70s game show theme-style?

The aforementioned organ piece is Organ²/ASLSP (As SLow aS Possible) by John Cage, currently being performed in Germany, and scheduled to have a duration of 639 years.

Currently playing for over 16 years, it will play for a thousand years (and streams live non-stop!) without repetition.

These are both worthy projects, i fear of their long term viability though with the societal changes and civilizational transition that europe is going through now and into the coming decades (if we don't do anything about it). Will these new people care. Certainly much has been lost from earlier civilisations the world over every time that these transitions have occurred, i was just learning what the armenians lost when christianity arrived, it was a disaster, the culture was taken down to the ground.

Here's some video of it

It's making me think. Eventually computers will get so good at making music, they'll be able to make a generative symphony that sounds good, go forever. I'm kinda happy we live now, because who knows how long it's be before computers are more creative than us. I honestly hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime. I wonder if my view will be seen as close-minded in the future. Then again, I imagine machines will become part of humans so. Maybe it isn't as cut and dry as I'm assuming.

Edited by Brisbot