Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

user18081971 at 1:50: @user18081971: my dad was so kind, always noticed if there was someone in the room who maybe wasn't as happy as everyone else, whereas others might be drawn to the ma

When I got my covid test today at work i noticed the metal pulldown aphex collapse sticker on the guys computer who was checking me in we got to talking about aphex and I said are you o

Posted Images

the Electro-Acoustic-Electronicica vibes are definitely pretty akin to CCAI part 2,.. but i'm not even sure what that means as far as timeframe is concerned. plus there's a drum machine which gvies the track more of an EDM, IDM, Electronica feel. 

Yes! I'm hearing this too. Vocal samples remind me of the Heidi tracks on EDM F/A-18+stimulator. This is some groovy shit. I like it. Thanks RDJ! Download pls.

haha, I like the vocal bits. The song sounds fantastic on decent headphones

Edit: it's probably good on other listening devices too, don't let me put you off

Edited by The Wumbo Man

Spooky track, the vox is A+! How recent would you say this is? Certainly post-Syro, possibly made this year?

Edited by clarktrent
Guest bitroast

Certainly post-Syro, possibly made this year?

why are people so sure of this? my first impression was '95-'96..  :shrug:

the instrumentation sounds very similar to the instrumentation on CCAI part 2. 

it's fair to assume CCAI part 2 is material produced after drukqs acoustic material (drukqs acoustic material is largely piano, prepared piano, but CCAI p2 has midi triggered instruments like drums and.. and i have no idea what else ... ). 

it sounds like it came after drukqs/ around CCAI part 2 or later. 

doesn't sound like samples or synths .. but i might be wrong!!

Spooky track, the vox is A+! How recent would you say this is? Certainly post-Syro, possibly made this year?

Those were my thoughts as well ! It just doesn't sound like a fresh found DAT from 199x...

Certainly post-Syro, possibly made this year?

why are people so sure of this? my first impression was '95-'96..  :shrug:

What makes you think 95-96? Thats the HAB period, right?