IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

"will put a modular grid config up "

what does this mean yo guys?? :cerious:

https://www.modulargrid.net/

Basically he's just gonna show everyone what modules are in his rack.

edit: a thousand eurorack makers are crossing their fingers right now hoping they're in there so their sales are about to blow through the roof. 

lol i would buy it

the compulsion to go and buy some modular synth gear has been growing the past few years.  i have enough expensive hobbies as-is dammit.

holy shit! I was just reading that conversation about go plastic in the other thread.

I think I recognize the Zdsp on the left side in that old cat photo heh

enhance track left hold it right there

sLHPL10.jpg

It looks like it's mainly (possibly all) effects processor modules - So I'm imagining the audio comes in from his Traktor setup then he can fiddle with the effect modules to make it go all WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and FKFKFKFKFKFKFKKFKK and triiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

It looks like it's mainly (possibly all) effects processor modules - So I'm imagining the audio comes in from his Traktor setup then he can fiddle with the effect modules to make it go all WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and FKFKFKFKFKFKFKKFKK and triiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

yes i think there are a lot of fx that are not traktor onboard like the extreme timestretching he does from time to time... all i can say for sure is he loves the delay freeze of traktor for transitions :-D

It definitely makes things easier to mix when you can do an FFT freeze between tracks ;)

one of the things a hated in traktor after an upgrade was that you MUST have beatgrids so that the delay stay at the same tempo. wasn't like that before (i think it took like an average and based the effect/freeze on that). the effect tempo shifted as it was going. any idea how this can be bypassed? Or maybe they fixed it, haven't opened traktor for months...

he's got max on there too so he is probably able to switch audio routing presets at the touch of a button

so you have a 'you're playing gabber' preset and a 'fancy acid' preset etc and then route tracks to them and back into the mixer

i am sure it's pretty bespoke and hard to use without the knowledge of the creator + 1000 hours practice

i am sure it's pretty bespoke and hard to use without the knowledge of the creator + 1000 hours practice

Absolutely, being able to see the setup vs. being able to use that setup are very different things !

He added this to his soundcloud, don't really understand much of it, but I bet some of you guys will: 

forgot to say how the modular bit is working, have 10 outputs from the modular into the Midas 160 and 7 outputs from the midas160 into the modular. Midas is really good for this as, I use the group out sliders and the aux out sliders, which are really nice and fast to set on the fly, can play them as opposed to turning a knob which is a slower to do in live situ. Do a little bit of patching on the go but automate a few different routings with the WMDmatrix, I used to use the Alyseum matrix for that but ran out of room, need a bigger case..as always…still its great trying to work with a limited set of modules, wish there was a eurorack matrix module with built in attenuverters per routing like the totally awesome Buchla 210e.

Crazy that Tom did all that with analog gear. Newfound appreciation.

not exactly analog gear. The qy700 and eventide dsp 4000 are very digital machines. A very powerful sequencer and a very powerful programmable digital audio processor. I'm guessing a lot of the programming changes on dsp4000 was sequenced in the q700. The other magic part of this sound was the hardware samplers which were also controlled via the qy700.

I find it fucking cool he swooped in and answered our little forum discussion (in the middle of a crazy tour no less).. and even gave respect where respect is due. Mr. Jenkins is the fucking man.