IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Ah, thanks! I feared as much. The rareafx site really should take that page down if the tracks are fake. Got me all excited for an hour or so...  :wacko:

Can someone identify Forgotten Life Path's soundcloud title? I do not remember it from the batch and I listened back through everything this week while working and I couldn't identify it anywhere. Help.

Can someone identify Forgotten Life Path's soundcloud title? I do not remember it from the batch and I listened back through everything this week while working and I couldn't identify it anywhere. Help.

AFAIK that one is new

Thats what I thought. Someone here mentioned it was in the batch, but they couldn't remember the name.

Have always been of the opinion the RDJ Album (with bonus tracks) was the best RDJ release. CTD and ODJ additions make these two releases my favorite (atm).

Edited by fringerviv

ICBYD would be my all time favorite if you include the bonus tracks and remove Ventolin

Totally!  I could live without some of the older tracks on that album too.  I much prefer a lot of the new old stock tracks.  This album has grown on me to a big extent, from one of my least favourites of his to one of my favourites.  The new tracks make it my firm favourite album of his now, I think.  I can't imagine why they didn't originally bump off some of the older tracks for some of the previously-unreleased ones, it would have been much stronger for it.

The two Ventolin releases, taken as a mini album in their own right, are really neat too.  Difficult in places, but so out there that there's nothing else like them.  And the On pair, for that matter.  That whole era.

ICBYD still stands (for me) as RDJ's masterwork; so many of the tracks (and now the newly unearthed ones created in that era that I finally have proper names for) demonstrate just how far ahead musically he was in terms of production and technique.

Yeah, though I wouldn't even say he was ahead of other musicians, so much as he was (and still is, to a certain extent) so idiosyncratic that if he didn't make this music, no-one else would either, ever. Which is a good philosophy to have, largely doing your own thing.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that any of his tracks have what you might call proper names, though... I guess that's the nature of abstract, instrumental music.

I personally find drukqs and SAW 2 to be his most influential and cohesive. I feel like those albums show how far you can push the art of electronic music making in different directions. A textural/melodic/ambient direction (that to this day remains some of the finest listening on this planet) to the most technical and alien drum programming and song structure and sample manipulation (that to this day remains distinct, I've never heard anything quite like it since).

I personally find drukqs and SAW 2 to be his most influential and cohesive. I feel like those albums show how far you can push the art of electronic music making in different directions. A textural/melodic/ambient direction (that to this day remains some of the finest listening on this planet) to the most technical and alien drum programming and song structure and sample manipulation (that to this day remains distinct, I've never heard anything quite like it since).

I couldn't agree more!

I couldn't agree more!

Also remember being totally blown away by Wax The Nip!!!

Speak for yourself. You just need a partner who's also a musician. Couples who play together stay together!

Well easier said than done. You literally found one who not only likes acid and braindance and IDM but makes it as well, and makes similar music (at least I'm pretty sure she does). Pretty rare.

You should see the module she's currently making me...  :happy:

I realise it's absolutely the best "problem" to have when I'm trying to make music (or get day job work done), and she's at her desk next to mine, loudly making much better music, heh...

Edited by ZoeB

Its got a nice melody, Im a massive aphex fan, but like all artists. hate to tell you, they make a good share of shit tracks in between the great ones. 

Its just opinion really. Aphex has made some shitty tracks. Maybe what I think is shitty others like, who cares, but it's good to know as an artist you can say fuck it and just make music and let shit fall as it may

Yeah he did some shit ones. I've spent most of today sorting out all the analords and new versions of the old albums from the bleep shop, some of the original tracks on ICBYD were not good.

huh!?

whether it's aphex or not hasn't got much to do with whether i think it sounds shitty. it doesn't sound like aphex, thats all. even a shitty aphex track would sound like aphex.