IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

A couple of SCD-related questions to take a break from all the Collapse EP hype:

1. Has anyone made a comprehensive list that sorts the Soundcloud tracks into rough eras?

and

2. Have the Soundcloud tracks that were added as bonus tracks in the online store been mastered or altered in any way?

Ta.

A couple of SCD-related questions to take a break from all the Collapse EP hype:

1. Has anyone made a comprehensive list that sorts the Soundcloud tracks into rough eras?

and

2. Have the Soundcloud tracks that were added as bonus tracks in the online store been mastered or altered in any way?

Ta.

Mastered? afaik yes

Altered? Apart from some name changes, the only one gone through some rougher treatment is 28 organ. The bleepstore version (on ComeTo Daddy EP) doesn't have the vocoder (?) part from ~4:49-5:29.

As for the titles I prolly should mention these

Chink 101=clissold 101 [dat28 otari] (Surfing On Sine Waves)

blue carpet = bank lullaby (Come To Daddy)

flabbard [DAT 14] = Gak 7 e,+3

Other are just some variations such as Hilo = Hilow

And merry maidens is the short 2 min version

The best answer I've got to your first question is this old faithful: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview

Does anyone remember from what era the 7 Cutting track is? Really love that track. 

I remember when first hearing this, the beginning was so much HAB, but after the intro it sounds like pulled from RDJ album. Imo more RDJ than CtD. soz for necromancing your question from freaking May, but this shit is important, yes? :emotawesomepm9:

and

Ta.

Mastered? afaik yes

Altered? Apart from some name changes, the only one gone through some rougher treatment is 28 organ. The bleepstore version (on ComeTo Daddy EP) doesn't have the vocoder (?) part from ~4:49-5:29.

The best answer I've got to your first question is this old faithful: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview

Does anyone remember from what era the 7 Cutting track is? Really love that track.

I remember when first hearing this, the beginning was so much HAB, but after the intro it sounds like pulled from RDJ album. Imo more RDJ than CtD. soz for necromancing your question from freaking May, but this shit is important, yes? :emotawesomepm9:

Haha yes very important. Thanks. I had the feeling it was ctd aswell. Such a great track still.

Awww thanks...waiting for my diploma  :cat:  I've listened to the dump from start to finish something like 5 times and still when playing my library on shuffle, I find new good tracks or great moments which I've missed on previous rounds. What a ride it was, and apparently still is.

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone have an updated link to download the whole soundcloud dump? I lost mine on old hard drive. the one in the stickied thread doesn't work anymore. thanks.

Edited by parameter

wtf, the link in the pinned thread works fine in this end. Maybe some temporarily error? Doesn't it let you download them or what's the issue? If it really is broken they're also here: https://archive.org/details/AphexTwinAllUser18081971SoundcloudTracks

the download ends up timing out. it'll download about 10% of it then stop altogether. thank you i'll try this link. 

wtf, the link in the pinned thread works fine in this end. Maybe some temporarily error? Doesn't it let you download them or what's the issue? If it really is broken they're also here: https://archive.org/details/AphexTwinAllUser18081971SoundcloudTracks

the download ends up timing out. it'll download about 10% of it then stop altogether. thank you i'll try this link. 

I take it that you tried to download the whole bunch at one go? Mega seems to have some problems when trying to download big files straight via the site. I managed to bypass the problem by installing the mega sync app to my desktop. Was the only way I could get bigger files (>1 GB) when transferred the files through it. If you downloaded the tracks one by one you should have no problems. But whatever, hopefully you get the bunch from the other link. :smile:

I take it that you tried to download the whole bunch at one go? Mega seems to have some problems when trying to download big files straight via the site. I managed to bypass the problem by installing the mega sync app to my desktop. Was the only way I could get bigger files (>1 GB) when transferred the files through it. If you downloaded the tracks one by one you should have no problems. But whatever, hopefully you get the bunch from the other link. :smile:

yep the whole thing in a zip. didn't know mega had a desktop app, I'll try that if this fails again. thanks

and

Ta.

Mastered? afaik yes

Adding to this:

SC track '30 MS Short' is in the Bleep store as 'gak5 e,+3'

SC track '2 Bradley Un' is in the Bleep store as 'gak6 e,+3'

and

Ta.

Mastered? afaik yes

Adding to this:

SC track '30 MS Short' is in the Bleep store as 'gak5 e,+3'

SC track '2 Bradley Un' is in the Bleep store as 'gak6 e,+3'

Ha thanks, have missed those completely. So all the extra tracks were SC tracks. A cruel proof I haven't given the new and improved gak EP the attention it deserves. Well sigh, there went my expertise.

My tags say:

part of HAB4 but i got distracted with Windowlicker...i think..

+some others were a bit weird with vocals, couldnt decide if i liked them or not, will rechek@somepoint

God damn can you imagine you're making some goofy HAB ep and then suddenly the idea for windowlicker pops into your head and you're like. Oh shit this is going to be big isn't it? Better pour my energy into this one.

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, wasn't the "long version" of Merry Maidens just the song twice in a row?

yeah - the first one has a longer pause in it, and that's the version on the warp store

ain't no thang when you're listening to it on repeat on a castle in the welsh mountains <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• 3 weeks later...

saw someone mention on youtube that aphex was inspired by sync24's 'monolith' to make the 'ssnb' track ?

the monolith track only came out officially in 2012, while 'ssnb' was recorded in mid-90s and released in 2014 on soundcloud. and the monolith track is a release called ' Sync24 ‎– Ambient Archive [1996-2002]"

unless they BOTH sampled another song i'm not aware of? as there seems to be no mention of aphex knowing this guy :wacko:

Edited by B1000

these are 4 tracks from the dump that seem to get lost in the fray...

just posting them here as a reminder to those who forgot about them or have yet to hear them..

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist