IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

2 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

5 yrs ago ey jeez

the old version i have is a different one though. and that one was titled "11 donkey rhubarb remix". this one is a bit shorter, and something with mastering...cant tell ?

• Farnsworth 1

from the metadata:

"just remastered this from the orig DAT thru some high end analogues"

this wasn't there in the 5yr old file. and again, tracklenghts differ. so this seems to be a (recent) re-upload into the 5yr old soundcloud upload.

• Like 2

only solution is to have a team taking shifts with detailed spreadsheets relistening to every single Aphex SoundCloud track at all times just in case he changes one of them slightly.

• Haha 3
  • Burger 1

euh, according to the metadata it's encoded with lame 3.10. perhaps the last 0 doesn't show and it should be 3.100. but if he really is still using 3.10, he's using some kind of ancient encoder which shouldn't be working on modern computers anymore. what the hell...

couldn't get more low-end than that hahaha XD

must be itunes fucking up with displaying the real version

2 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

can u even retroactively change the uploaded sound of a soundcloud track? didnt know that was even possible

Might be something his Pro account can do...?

Just now, Joyrex said:

Might be something his Pro account can do...?

I believe, with Soundcloud Pro, you can replace the track's file and keep the same address. I'm actually kicking myself a little for not getting the 50% deal that ended the other day. I'm using it a lot more now that I am quarantined and the ads are getting to me.