Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

user18081971 at 1:50: @user18081971: my dad was so kind, always noticed if there was someone in the room who maybe wasn't as happy as everyone else, whereas others might be drawn to the ma

When I got my covid test today at work i noticed the metal pulldown aphex collapse sticker on the guys computer who was checking me in we got to talking about aphex and I said are you o

Posted Images

On 4/11/2020 at 7:48 AM, Extralife said:

In reference to the infamous DFN "acid rain" event aka one of the best live experiences I've ever had.

user18081971 at 0:07:

@nicfitsandchill: it was completely insane, never experienced a temperature drop like that, nothing like that happens in the UK and I mean nothing,I think it was unusual for there even? It rained so hard, I had about 30 seconds more before everything just fried and i was calling for help, we had a sheet for that reason but nobody was there, it arrived though JUST in time after i screamed my head off and then i did the rest of the gig under the sheet which was near impossible as i couldn't see where my fingers were and it got very hot under it...i've got pics somewhere, looks VERY weird.

I was there that night, too. Not a big festival guy (crowds give me the creeps), but that was exceptional. Great to read RDJ's thoughts about how weird it all was. IIRC, he had "Schottkey 7th Path" on a little longer than I would have expected, and that fucking cold front blew through and the temp dropped at least 20 degrees, and they had to lower those displays on the side because of the wind, and fog started rising up and then the freezing cold rain dropped. I joked at the time that it was like his track summoned the weather. 

It was Hedphelym but yeah things got spooky when the wind blew in. Honestly if it were any other artist I would have bailed. I had one of those disposable ponchos but it was pretty much useless. Freezing and shivering and miserable hahah, only thing that kept me going was the show!

• Like 1

Oh, right! Thanks for that--didn't want to misremember the track name. Fucking weird and killer. I always thought that track had a sinister vibe to it when I'd listen to it as a teenager, and I'm glad that I have this totally different sinister experience to pair with the track, sharing that with hundreds of shivering, cold, wet fellow fans. So strange. 

Nice to know RDJ thought it was super weird, too. 

1 hour ago, Time Tourist said:

Who was in charge of this doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview#

I see the latest tracks haven't been added yet... 

Yeah, there are several of those around and none of them have been updated since tnodvood104 as far as I know.

I am still updating my mega folder but I've been winging it with the recent tracks. I'm at 291 now by keeping the old 11 Donkey Rhubarb rdjchild Remix (4:25) as #51 and donkey rhubarb [remix[ALTmst2]] (4:22) as 291.

https://mega.nz/folder/QNYggTZb#_SbdbZCVgM2lgwLjD8N9aw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, d-a-m-o said:

1578719687_Capturedcran2020-04-1217_48_25.png.4622fc2d99ff2ab7570602c0ad40960a.png

lol RIP bleepstore...

i know a bunch of people willing to help to upload track to his bleepstores! ;D

• Like 4
On 4/11/2020 at 7:48 AM, Extralife said:

In reference to the infamous DFN "acid rain" event aka one of the best live experiences I've ever had.

user18081971 at 0:07:

@nicfitsandchill: it was completely insane, never experienced a temperature drop like that, nothing like that happens in the UK and I mean nothing,I think it was unusual for there even? It rained so hard, I had about 30 seconds more before everything just fried and i was calling for help, we had a sheet for that reason but nobody was there, it arrived though JUST in time after i screamed my head off and then i did the rest of the gig under the sheet which was near impossible as i couldn't see where my fingers were and it got very hot under it...i've got pics somewhere, looks VERY weird.

i filmed set up 707 with my shitty iphone 6

so cool to hear what was happening behind the scenes during this unforgettable moment ?

Edited by whylessness
video embed
3 hours ago, whylessness said:

i filmed set up 707 with my shitty iphone 6

so cool to hear what was happening behind the scenes during this unforgettable moment ?

Nice! Mine:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Looks like he updated the image on "qu 1"...

That's a lovely photo of Richard and his dad... nice of him to share such personal items with the fans.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

That's a lovely photo of Richard and his dad... nice of him to share such personal items with the fans.

I agree, also shared nice stories and feelings about his dad in the comments. 

im grateful hes willing to share, and hope the shared experience and responses are helpful to him in the same way that we all use music to process things (even less tragic things) in our own lives..

also helps that qu 1 is such an absolutely gorgeous track.. they are all good from this little batch but that one is my highlight

• Like 1