Jump to content

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans


Guest crowndicey
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 3:58 AM, brian trageskin said:

i love this tune so fucking much. so mystical and pretty 

try playing it with the BG puppet acapella on top of it, trippy dystopic futurism

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

When I got my covid test today at work

i noticed the metal pulldown aphex collapse sticker on the guys computer who was checking me in

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.4c880505c6ab7494b47704074b3672de.jpgs-l400.jpg.0e234603329882e9f3a659421ab3c2e1.jpg

we got to talking about aphex and I said are you on watmm

he miss heard and thought I said have you met 'um (he's not on watmm)

he said met rdj in an airport in wales 2014

with computer and a couple of pieces hardware making a track, Ha:)

he got to talking to him and said he was the nicest person:)

Then the other guy at work said he took care of him backstage at forbidden fruit 2017

also said he's one of the nicest people they've met:)

 

I Thought as Much, RDJ:)

  :aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ivan Ooze said:

There is a pinned thread here on watmm in de afx subforum emoji102.png have a good look

I believe that one pinned at the top of this thread is missing 2 tracks, I'd have to check which two but I have a version that is 282 tracks in total

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, demo said:

I believe that one pinned at the top of this thread is missing 2 tracks, I'd have to check which two but I have a version that is 282 tracks in total

wtf

I have 276 tracks

this is EXTREMELY not good news

edit: waits actually its EXTRMELY GOOD news because it means i have more afx to listen^_^

Edited by cyanobacteria
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I tried to give that video he linked to a fair chance. 4 minutes in the lawyer says "The allegedly new and highly dangerous coronavirus has not caused any excess mortality anywhere in the world." It's like flat earthers all over again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

so disinfo is preempting the excess mortalty argument now. excess mortality is the exact thing that confirms the death toll and utterly disproves the nonsense about artificially inflated death tolls. excess mortality is comparison of total deaths versus the same time of year in previous years. of course, the difference this year matches the covid death toll closely.

image.png.4ae230c1790702ce5d0ca774546a10f5.png

 

image.png.a0615931ab63f5e5c33e66eaf9454415.png

 

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

 

[parameter set for usa in above charts]

Edited by very honest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Facts don't matter to conspiracy theorists. It's like water rolling off a duck's back, just gets completely ignored. They start with their conclusion then cherry pick things that support the conclusion. They don't try to falsify their claims. It's basically faith.

Had this issue on another forum. Guy who runs the forum is convinced that Covid doesn't get transmitted in the air thus masks are useless. Thinks it's all transmitted via fecal -> oral transmission. Has a theory that all of spread at the Rose Garden ceremony for the US supreme court nominee was a Democratic plot where they tainted the food being served to all of the Republicans. They were outdoors and you can't transmit it outdoors so that's impossible so it must be the food! Someone pointed out, three times, "Here's pictures of the indoor reception." Guy with the poo poo theory did not respond to any of those comments. Just refused to acknowledge that people were indoors in close contact and spreading it. Nope! Gotta be a CONSPIRACY!

Anyway... Didn't mean to make this another Covid thread. I dropped out of the main Covid thread a while back because at this point it just seems like it's a political allegience at this point if you "believe" in epidemiological facts or not. But since RDJ linked this latest SoundCloud track to a YT vid about it it seems topical.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hijexx said:

I tried to give that video he linked to a fair chance. 4 minutes in the lawyer says "The allegedly new and highly dangerous coronavirus has not caused any excess mortality anywhere in the world." It's like flat earthers all over again.

He continued that same passage and said that deaths were basically connected to corona measures. No logical contradiction (not interested to watch it all). I'm on your side, but when you dismiss people's argument at first opportunity, it gives off heavily biased vibe. And in the next post you immediately go "facts don't matter, i know this crazy dude"... (strawman) Fair chance my ass

56 minutes ago, very honest said:

so disinfo is preempting the excess mortalty argument now. excess mortality is the exact thing that confirms the death toll and utterly disproves the nonsense about artificially inflated death tolls. excess mortality is comparison of total deaths versus the same time of year in previous years. of course, the difference this year matches the covid death toll closely.

(...)

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

 

Same argument as above absorbes the charts, excess deaths due to measures (no regular medical care etc.). You fight the most easily defeated point like it shows anything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:
1 hour ago, hijexx said:

I tried to give that video he linked to a fair chance. 4 minutes in the lawyer says "The allegedly new and highly dangerous coronavirus has not caused any excess mortality anywhere in the world." It's like flat earthers all over again.

He continued that same passage and said that deaths were basically connected to corona measures. No logical contradiction (not interested to watch it all). I'm on your side, but when you dismiss people's argument at first opportunity, it gives off heavily biased vibe. And in the next post you immediately go "facts don't matter, i know this crazy dude"... (strawman) Fair chance my ass

1 hour ago, very honest said:

so disinfo is preempting the excess mortalty argument now. excess mortality is the exact thing that confirms the death toll and utterly disproves the nonsense about artificially inflated death tolls. excess mortality is comparison of total deaths versus the same time of year in previous years. of course, the difference this year matches the covid death toll closely.

(...)

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

 

Expand  

Same argument as above absorbes the charts, excess deaths due to measures (no regular medical care etc.). You fight the most easily defeated point like it shows anything

USA excess mortality shows around 200,000 deaths in excess of average, which matches the coronavirus death toll. are you saying that, actually, 200,000 people have not died of covid, but have died of precautionary measures?

 

COVID the Third-Leading Cause of Death in the U.S. - WebMD

EXCESS DEATHS SHOW THE TRUE IMPACT OF COVID-19 IN THE U.S. (Johns Hopkins)

Edited by very honest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:

He continued that same passage and said that deaths were basically connected to corona measures. No logical contradiction (not interested to watch it all). I'm on your side, but when you dismiss people's argument at first opportunity, it gives off heavily biased vibe. And in the next post you immediately go "facts don't matter, i know this crazy dude"... (strawman) Fair chance my ass

My second paragraph was an anecdote, not a strawman. I was drawing a parallel to arguing over similar points where a conclusion is made then evidence contrary to that conclusion is ignored. You can just ignore the second paragraph if it distresses you, it is not relevant to my argument.

My argument is that COVID-19 has caused excess mortality over the past year. I'm willing to look at evidence that will falisify by argument if you have any. That video is bunk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.