Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

• Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

user18081971 at 1:50: @user18081971: my dad was so kind, always noticed if there was someone in the room who maybe wasn't as happy as everyone else, whereas others might be drawn to the ma

When I got my covid test today at work i noticed the metal pulldown aphex collapse sticker on the guys computer who was checking me in we got to talking about aphex and I said are you o

Posted Images

I was hoping it was a hyperlink to unreleased goodies. 😶 Something is definitely imminent though...

Just relistened to both of DJ Food’s Selected Aphex Works mixes of the dump tracks...after not really listening to these over the past couple years. What a ride these mixes are - really tastefully done with track selection and spoken word bits of him mixed in. 

• Like 5

Kevin 

8 hours ago, Extralife said:

Just relistened to both of DJ Food’s Selected Aphex Works mixes of the dump tracks...after not really listening to these over the past couple years. What a ride these mixes are - really tastefully done with track selection and spoken word bits of him mixed in. 

Kevin Foakes is still one of the best mix DJs around IMO, and doesn't get nearly enough credit for being the vinyl historian he is. The man is an encyclopedia of music / culture knowledge, and his vinyl collection is ungodly.

• Burger 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! 

Im looking for track 10, 12 and 13 from the Joyrex Tape.

Track 1 is Fresher+Cleaner and track 3 is Step Up To Cornwall. He could not drop track 11 because he did it with Cylob he said.

What is the name of track 10, 12 and 13? Track 10 is superb Afx Jungle track. 🙂

Thanks! 🙂

hi! tracks 10, 11 and 12 are the tracks on this tape which were not released or uploaded to soundcloud. track 13, however, was uploaded as 25 rogphlange 1braiNflOSS2.

iirc, rdj responded to a request to upload track 10 - he basically said he had newer/updated versions of this track and that he would prefer to upload those. only time will tell.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cern said:

Fresher+Cleaner

Comment from user18081971 (RDJ) SoundCloud:

"**fresher and cleaner and very smooth and not at all dry** 1990 This was the fastest techno track in existence when i made it, jus sayin, time is the strangest thing"

Aphex Rave

:aphexsign:

I have taken out the tracks from the Soundcloud dump and even slowed them down like in the Joyrex tape haha! 

I only miss track 10, 11, 12 and 14 now.

Please Richard! I would be so happy if you upload em 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...

watmm member Chris Moss Acid did a nice remix of Xtal recently:

• Like 3
On 6/17/2020 at 3:58 AM, brian trageskin said:

i love this tune so fucking much. so mystical and pretty 

try playing it with the BG puppet acapella on top of it, trippy dystopic futurism

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

When I got my covid test today at work

i noticed the metal pulldown aphex collapse sticker on the guys computer who was checking me in

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.4c880505c6ab7494b47704074b3672de.jpgs-l400.jpg.0e234603329882e9f3a659421ab3c2e1.jpg

we got to talking about aphex and I said are you on watmm

he miss heard and thought I said have you met 'um (he's not on watmm)

he said met rdj in an airport in wales 2014

with computer and a couple of pieces hardware making a track, Ha:)

he got to talking to him and said he was the nicest person:)

Then the other guy at work said he took care of him backstage at forbidden fruit 2017

also said he's one of the nicest people they've met:)

I Thought as Much, RDJ:)

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

• Like 11

I remember skimming this one during the dump heyday but just recently sat and gave it a good listen. Album of this kinda epic 8+ minute journey material would be nice.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, demo said:

Is there a link to the most recent collection of the SC dump?

If you go to the tracks page there's like 30+ tracks you can click the More... link and Download from there.

282 tracks in total?
There is a pinned thread here on watmm in de afx subforum have a good look
1 hour ago, Ivan Ooze said:

There is a pinned thread here on watmm in de afx subforum emoji102.png have a good look

I believe that one pinned at the top of this thread is missing 2 tracks, I'd have to check which two but I have a version that is 282 tracks in total

7 minutes ago, demo said:

I believe that one pinned at the top of this thread is missing 2 tracks, I'd have to check which two but I have a version that is 282 tracks in total

wtf

I have 276 tracks

this is EXTREMELY not good news

edit: waits actually its EXTRMELY GOOD news because it means i have more afx to listen^_^

Edited by cyanobacteria