IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Can somebody please explain, in a nutshell, what's going on with Richard and conspiracy stories, I only seem to get random fragments of info here on watmm. Has he fallen down the Conspiracy Theorist rabbit hole? 

• Farnsworth 1

13 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Can somebody please explain, in a nutshell, what's going on with Richard and conspiracy stories, I only seem to get random fragments of info here on watmm. Has he fallen down the Conspiracy Theorist rabbit hole? 

nothing is 'going on' per se, just him dropping links and fragments of info in comments every once in a while, ranging from corona-skeptical to a bit nutter (there was a bill gates conspiracy vid that really made me smh..).  but its often been a minor topic in his interviews and such in the past (the noyzelab one mentioned chemtrails iirc?)

Edited by markedone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

nothin suss

• Like 2

thank you markedone, yes I remember the tangent of chemtrails in the noyzelab interview

I know a few folks who have in the last few years been on a Conspiracy Theory slippery slope, it's apparently a common occurrence nowadays. Of course if you were doing a balancing act in your mind with all of that before corona? Your mental equilibrium has now taken a right battering. From which there is no escape! Apart from JESUS!!!

(last sentence is me joking.....)

10 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Sideeffects of dope smoking for +20 years.. 

• Farnsworth 1

13 hours ago, markedone said:

nothing is 'going on' per se, just him dropping links and fragments of info in comments every once in a while, ranging from corona-skeptical to a bit nutter (there was a bill gates conspiracy vid that really made me smh..).  but its often been a minor topic in his interviews and such in the past (the noyzelab one mentioned chemtrails iirc?)

Yeah, it seems to be relatively low level COVID questioning, linking to vids etc.

Nothing wrong with asking questions, especially given the amount of disinformation out there. Still, it's a bit of a kick in the teeth, and some of it just plain insulting, to those of us who are fans of his music and have been working in this shit since the start of this year.

Edited by dcsux
  • Like 3

It would be true to say, most people I know who have been toking heavily for 20 years do seem very invested in the conspiracy theory stuff. I noticed this about 5 years ago happening to friends and folks I know. All of a similar age bracket and all were the types who would have green almost as soon as they got out of bed.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Farnsworth 1

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

It would be true to say, most people I know who have been toking heavily for 20 years do seem very invested in the conspiracy theory stuff. I noticed this about 5 years ago happening to friends and folks I know. All of a similar age bracket and all were the types who would have green almost as soon as they got out of bed.

maybe because the whole tabu around weed is a conspiracy in itself? let's face it, strings are pulled behind the curtains all of the time, not in a conspiratory manner, but to an extent where it severely affects people's lives. *got oil?* and like dcsux said, nothing wrong with asking questions, but what seems to get most people riled up - besides the blatant tinfoil hatters - is the realization that maybe something as big and damaging as this year-long (and counting) crisis may be an effect of string-pulling

Edited by tbf
typo

18 minutes ago, tbf said:

the realization that maybe something as big and damaging as this year-long (and counting) crisis may be an effect of string-pulling

There is no question that there are people who will be looking to profit from this situation.

There is also no question to me that the actions of some of those in power (particularly in the US) are dubious, and most likely self-serving.

To extrapolate that to the nth degree , and come to the conclusion that the whole thing is faked, and is a conspiracy is paranoid nonsense, and could only be made by an armchair commentator who has gone deep on sketchy youtube videos and now believes to be able to see behind the curtain.

It would never be the opinion of anyone who has spent any time in a hospital during the peak of this crisis.

Edited by dcsux
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He's clarified a bit on his soundcloud.

Doesn't think it's a hoax. Concerned about the government using it to push through actions to further deprive civil liberties (and that I can definitely agree with).

Pleased with that. Nice one Rich ?

Edited by dcsux
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2020 at 4:51 AM, beerwolf said:

I know the general consensus is weed doesn't effect you. But it's got to change the "wiring" in your brain to some extent if you smoke every day for 20 years. If anyone does anything for 20 years, there will likely be some kind of effect on their body.

EDIT: I feel I should add, that I am just saying it has to change your brain chemistry somehow. Not necessarily negative or positive. And it probably doesn't change that much if it does.

Edited by Brisbot

nuclear weapons have forced warfare into the theater of people's ability to sort more verifiable from less

declining to accept any "msm" is poison. real journalism has internalized practices of open-source verification and fact-checking. 

investigating reporting discrepancies is the path. going with the tastiest theory is the way toward illusion.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

I know the general narrative is weed is 100% harmless. But it's got to mess around with your mindset and the "wiring" in your brain to some extent if they smoke every day for 20 years. If anyone does anything for 20 years, there will likely be some kind of effect on their body.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ivan Ooze said:

spacer.png

Lol I expected this kinda reply. Hey, just because you smoke cigarettes doesn't mean you'll get lung cancer. Same with anything.

btw feel like I should mention I never said it would affect you negatively. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

I know the general narrative is weed is 100% harmless. But it's got to mess around with your mindset and the "wiring" in your brain to some extent if they smoke every day for 20 years. If anyone does anything for 20 years, there will likely be some kind of effect on their body.

I consume cannabis everyday                                                                                    

27 years in remission from cancer

I also eat coconut oil with cancer busting Lauric Acid

100's of scientific studies back up both cannabis & coconut oil for apoptosis of cancer cells

• Like 5

Can we pls create a whole new thread for what's being discussed in the last 2 pages and leave this one for the guy's music itself... Don't wanna sound like a jerk but I honestly think it's kind of annoying to scroll entire pages expecting news about music and end up finding nothing but conspiracy theories and such... ?

Edit: OK this thread is about his SoundCloud but still... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Can we pls create a whole new thread for what's being discussed in the last 2 pages and leave this one for the guy's music itself... Don't wanna sound like a jerk but I honestly think it's kind of annoying to scroll entire pages expecting news about music and end up finding nothing but conspiracy theories and such...

it's okay, it comes and goes. This is a forum. The music is mostly talked about when he starts posting new stuff, but if nothing new comes for a while, that's when it goes off-topic often

• Like 1

This is how a conversation normally behaves, it weaves and bobs, I think we've pretty much exhausted clever things to say about the dump by now.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:06 AM, Brisbot said:

I know the general consensus is weed doesn't effect you. But it's got to change the "wiring" in your brain to some extent if you smoke every day for 20 years. If anyone does anything for 20 years, there will likely be some kind of effect on their body.

EDIT: I feel I should add, that I am just saying it has to change your brain chemistry somehow. Not necessarily negative or positive. And it probably doesn't change that much if it does.

yeah it's absurd to say that the brain is resilient enough to resist chemical changes of some sort after 20 years of being exposed to a strong psychedelic every day.  maybe it won't make you retarded but its going to do something unexpected and something probably best done without.  plus youll have such high tolerance it wont even be good anyway, you're better off doing it like once a week max.  I do too much.  fuck. 

edit: oops this is total wrong thread but no delete post button

Edited by cyanobacteria
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

yeah it's absurd to say that the brain is resilient enough to resist chemical changes of some sort after 20 years of being exposed to a strong psychedelic every day.  maybe it won't make you retarded but its going to do something unexpected and something probably best done without.  plus youll have such high tolerance it wont even be good anyway, you're better off doing it like once a week max.  I do too much.  fuck. 

edit: oops this is total wrong thread but no delete post button

don't you love it that people can say this with weed but they don't realise their food is stuffed with non-biological shit their body doesn't know what to really do with? ?

• Like 1