IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I stumbled upon a YouTube comment on Redlof with this saved quote: "ah yes that track is jp4, paraphonic 505, ps3300, soundcraft ghost and modular! good line up!"

Does anyone have any similar comments on the other tracks? 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 10:45 AM, chim said:

I stumbled upon a YouTube comment on Redlof with this saved quote: "ah yes that track is jp4, paraphonic 505, ps3300, soundcraft ghost and modular! good line up!"

Does anyone have any similar comments on the other tracks? 

i distinctly remember he put the whole set up of what he used on Love 7 in the track's description on his SC. ..he's deleted it now, deleted it aaages ago. but it still might be in this thread if u go to posts around 28th may 2016

16 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

i distinctly remember he put the whole set up of what he used on Love 7 in the track's description on his SC. ..he's deleted it now, deleted it aaages ago. but it still might be in this thread if u go to posts around 28th may 2016

Search is your friend

On 10/28/2020 at 12:43 PM, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

it's all well and good constantly being in a new music making mood but if it never leaves the cirklon then what's the point ?

stockpile 2000 tracks, and when you finally get bored of it come out with 200 albums.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, d-a-m-o said:

Currently revisiting the Soundcloud dump and damn, there's some killer tracks in there ! Cottage3 e anyone ? 

:music:

wasn't a cottage EP planned at one point? i'm certain it was around the time he 'announced' the cheetah EP like a year before it came out.

but yeah, that dump had some truly exceptional material for those willing to invest the time. with some serious curation he could've easily formed a few albums that stood toe-to-toe with his best released work.

11 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

wasn't a cottage EP planned at one point? i'm certain it was around the time he 'announced' the cheetah EP like a year before it came out.

but yeah, that dump had some truly exceptional material for those willing to invest the time. with some serious curation he could've easily formed a few albums that stood toe-to-toe with his best released work.

Yes I remember, Pretty sure he was talking about it in the comment section of soundcloud ! Really hope we'll get a new album in the first half of 2021, wonder if something was planed for this year but canceled because of covid ?

So for 2020 from RDJ I think I count 13 tracks that he blessed us with, 1 new on the warp store and 12 on SoundCloud? and there were 3? Bjarki remixes... have I missed anything else of interest? 

3 minutes ago, hayhook said:

So for 2020 from RDJ I think I count 13 tracks that he blessed us with, 1 new on the warp store and 12 on SoundCloud? and there were 3? Bjarki remixes... have I missed anything else of interest? 

Not new but Japanese cd re-release of Surfing on Sine Waves with Quoth added?

manchester '19 facebook audio was 2020. i think printworks '19 youtube also had the audio track upgraded in 2020.

manchester opens with a 22 minute live composition that's nuts. printworks '19 has an 11 minute version of it. i also like the 4 minute track at 1:01:10, in manchester, a lot. not sure if the 2 minutes that precede it are part of it or not. and the printworks version of umil 25 is pretty dank, though shorter. and the printworks version of prememory100n is better, though spliced with another track.

here's the download steps to get the manchester fb audio, which is a different mix and imo better than the yt audio track

and here's printworks, which iirc had the audio upgraded significantly at some point this year

imo these are live releases that are flying under the radar because they are free and youtube. 

they also include the squarepusher unreleased mash with stone in focus, steinvord backyard chopped up leading into outro noise, and both performances' outro noise pieces are awesome, and other stuff

Edited by very honest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen Soundcloud RDJ mixes on Youtbe which I've been enjoying...especially stuff from the SAW1/SAW2 era. 

Wondered if any of you lot have made some personal mixes like this with the original source files at as high HQ as we have? 

Feel like I really need this lot collected onto something more accessible..there's just so much.

13 hours ago, Polytrix said:

I've seen Soundcloud RDJ mixes on Youtbe which I've been enjoying...especially stuff from the SAW1/SAW2 era. 

Wondered if any of you lot have made some personal mixes like this with the original source files at as high HQ as we have? 

Feel like I really need this lot collected onto something more accessible..there's just so much.

I did a load of mixes from the 320kb when they were coming out:

Parts 1-8 are all from the soundcloud.