IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Just delete all of this archive from usb by sitting on remote. Hate digital, my ass and the thought of downloading all these files again.

Happy new year folk.

36 minutes ago, JUVITH SITH said:

Just delete all of this archive from usb by sitting on remote. Hate digital, my ass and the thought of downloading all these files again.

Happy new year folk.

https://archive.org/details/AphexTwinAllUser18081971SoundcloudTracks

Under "download options" click the down arrow on the format you need.

Should be a link to grab everything in one zip from there.

Remember grabbing that one from Rephlex back in the day in a very mulchy low bitrate

ps. Is any lovely person still archiving these, the last one I grabbed from the mega archive was '279 - 1211 - popcorn.flac' from December 2018 (which now seems to be vanished on the mega site) and the archive.org link at the top here seems to be a few behind that one.

I like that part at 3:09 for about 20 seconds where the drum break programming stops and you can really hear all the detail in the other parts.

I remember this track when it first came out, blew my mind. I would slow it down and study it trying to figure out how it was done. Still slams.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tbf said:

when was it first released? I wonder when this level of intricacy will get back into popular underground genres' vernacular

Discogs says Oct 1, 2005

https://www.discogs.com/DJ-Pierre-Box-Energy-4-Remix-1/release/763976

Edited by hayhook

On 1/14/2021 at 12:05 AM, perunamuusi said:

People that are new to this boxenergy remix, is it just the free alternate version that is new or the boxenergy remix in general?

Asking for  a friend

It is not the one on the 2 Remixes By AFX. It is the one from the Rephlex site but maybe he have done some minor editing. 

On 1/14/2021 at 10:05 AM, perunamuusi said:

it just the free alternate version

yes, which is a further remix of the box energy remix from men 1 ep; was available as a free .mp3 download from rephlex.com ages ago. it has a deeper acid breakdown than the ep version that sets off all strobes within a 5km radius. absolutely mental.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Is someone got all the funny Youtube clips that AFX use to link? Im thinking mostly about that funny Balkan video with that old man playing a synt like a keytar.. RITM or something was the name. You remember? 

So finally we have an answer of what happened to the lost Druqks tracks!  

It sound so strange I mean how the fuk can you snap a laptop in half? It must be the screen taken of the main base right? 

Sounds little too wild for be true but who knows really...

so i was wondering why he seemed to have uploaded box remix again. he had already uploaded it (i have it as number 252 of his sc dump). i did the audio inversion thing to see if there were differences in the waveform, but it looked like no. but, then it looked like richard "reposted" (sc "share"?) it yesterday which piqued my curiosity again. anyway, my finding is that the filesize is different. the new upload is 10,014 kb, the 252th upload was 9.72 mb. 

idk if anything is different, but i can say it sounds good

Edited by very honest
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, very honest said:

so i was wondering why he seemed to have uploaded box remix again. he had already uploaded it (i have it as number 252 of his sc dump). i did the audio inversion thing to see if there were differences in the waveform, but it looked like no. but, then it looked like richard "reposted" (sc "share"?) it yesterday which piqued my curiosity again. anyway, my finding is that the filesize is different. the new upload is 10,014 kb, the 252th upload was 9.72 mb. 

idk if anything is different, but i can say it sounds good

It's probably the same file though. That 9.72 Mb is probably in binary and does correspond with 10,014 kb.

https://www.gbmb.org/kb-to-mb

Don't mean to kill the buzz...

2 hours ago, cern said:

So finally we have an answer of what happened to the lost Druqks tracks!  

It sound so strange I mean how the fuk can you snap a laptop in half? It must be the screen taken of the main base right? 

Sounds little too wild for be true but who knows really...

What do you mean finally we have an answer? The story of French girlfriend stomping on laptop is known to most of us here for years...  

• Haha 1