IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

11 minutes ago, t yst r said:

It's probably the same file though. That 9.72 Mb is probably in binary and does correspond with 10,014 kb.

https://www.gbmb.org/kb-to-mb

Don't mean to kill the buzz...

good thought. i took a look and this is what i see

image.png.5148b323bbf735f83e128500793425c8.png

but maybe i am misunderstanding what you mean by binary

4 hours ago, Adamovich said:

What do you mean finally we have an answer? The story of French girlfriend stomping on laptop is known to most of us here for years...  

that the same gf that posted a bunch of personal stuff on xltronic?

12 hours ago, very honest said:

good thought. i took a look and this is what i see

image.png.5148b323bbf735f83e128500793425c8.png

but maybe i am misunderstanding what you mean by binary

In binary a kilobyte contains 1024 bytes, in decimal only 1000. It depends on how it's displayed. It's one of those pesky artefacts from the early days of computers...

https://blogs.gnome.org/cneumair/2008/09/30/1-kb-1024-bytes-no-1-kb-1000-bytes/comment-page-1/#:~:text=Unfortunately%2C Microsoft decided to use,1 MB %3D 1024 * 1024 Bytes

8 hours ago, hijexx said:

It seems that the snaped laptop was the end of the relationship before Drukqs as one reddit user writes:
There was a thread on Xltronic once where Nannou complained that after breaking up he sampled her on Mt Saint Michel without permission but I can't really find it anymore.

23 minutes ago, ReVoodle said:

Interesting. Never heard of this. What happened?

Nannou got on a small personal evil spam session and wrote some personal and not nice stuff to Richard.. She was heart broken it seems but acted pretty crazy really and was very angry that Richard used samples of her and her sisters voice. Nothing more than that really.. Not any bigger accusations than that. 

Typical after relationship fails

woman: He is a big fat jerk
man: She is really crazy

Oboy I can relate to this ?

Edited by cern
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, hijexx said:

Yeah yeah, I've read those xlt rants I remember. It was like "stop listen to his music, he's an asshole", it was funny to read but it's tragic to think that loads of music was lost because of that...

13 hours ago, Berk said:

The HDD could still be intact? Richard, if you read this; the HDD could still be intact m8

GUYS, WATMM CROWDFUNDER FOR FORENSIC LEVEL HARD DRIVE RECOVERY???

A Drukqs 2.0 at this point would kill the pandemic in plain sight.

Edited by Lane Visitor
Addition
  • Like 7
  • Farnsworth 1

did you guys know about this? gf destroyed a laptop and posted shit on xltronic? i had no idea about any of this and i was on here before tuss!

Mt St Michael seems so different to me now. maybe he was already using her voice in the tracks that got lost, and he composed this track to deliberately say "goodbye", to the relationship and to the music that sampled her. (obvs this is personal stuff and i don't want to go crazy with the speculation but i'm getting a sense of that vibe now that i know about the story).

It is kind of sad to think about it ofc.. A relationship can be beautiful and then become a nightmare.

This wonderful piece would have probably be named "Anastasia" by now but the past man.. Like RDJ said "Time is weird". 

On 2/5/2021 at 7:29 PM, Lane Visitor said:

GUYS, WATMM CROWDFUNDER FOR FORENSIC LEVEL HARD DRIVE RECOVERY???

A Drukqs 2.0 at this point would kill the pandemic in plain sight.

If he still has half the laptop all you'd really need to do is take out the hard drive and pop it in a $20 enclosure or docking station connected to another computer unless the drive itself took some damage

• Like 1

He said he use to read his PM.. Im not the kind of guy who is a pain in the ass fan but maybe if we all send him a gently reminder that he can have it fixed? 

What do you think? Just be nice and maybe he starts to thinking about it in some degree. 

Operation 2021: save Richards Drukqs 2 Hard drive! 

Edited by cern

19 minutes ago, webby said:

Aren’t we talking about something that happened 20 years ago? Would he still even have the broken laptop? Surely he would have explored having it repaired at the time if it was possible.

maybe he left it on a plane with that mp3 player full of the only copies of 100s of unreleased afx squarepusher collab jams.. or it's locked in the tank and he can't find the keys?  

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

the guy is a major nerd building robots to work for him as session recording musicians, I'm pretty sure if there really was a way of retrieving the data he would've probably thought of it - if he was so inclined - besides, this whole story could be BS

6 hours ago, tbf said:

the guy is a major nerd building robots to work for him as session recording musicians, I'm pretty sure if there really was a way of retrieving the data he would've probably thought of it - if he was so inclined - besides, this whole story could be BS

He didn't build the HAT robot.

6 hours ago, ReVoodle said:

He didn't build the HAT robot.

if he had the idea of having someone build it for him, he probably had the idea of having someone recover his files for him too. there, fixed it

Edited by tbf