IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

11 hours ago, JS20 said:

The mastered release, titled "28 organ 1.1 [ru,ec,+9]" is only 6m40s.  The original unmastered soundcloud upload is 7m26s.  RDJ totally ruined the continuity of the piece, not sure why he had his head up his ass that day, but he did. I wish he would have ruined someone else's favorite SC track, since he insisted on ruining ONE.

image.thumb.png.da0514890cb12376cd1fa198d37527a0.png

he cut out a part of the track because it sounds better that way, the fuck are you on about? he did it with Ventolin way back in 1995, and you could still listen to the full version because he made both edits available, like he did with this.

i mean, do you realize that musicians sometimes edit their compositions?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dragon said:

he cut out a part of the track because it sounds better that way, the fuck are you on about? he did it with Ventolin way back in 1995, and you could still listen to the full version because he made both edits available, like he did with this.

i mean, do you realize that musicians sometimes edit their compositions?

It is a lazy edit (self-admitted, IIRC) that made it sound worse. Only one edit available in cleaned-up format, not paying for it. Removing a chapter from a book after publishing it doesn't erase the history. Junk edit, head up his ass that day.  << coming from a huge fan

1 minute ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

lol I don’t even

Don't even WHAT?

Edited by JS20

15 minutes ago, JS20 said:

Removing a chapter from a book after publishing it doesn't erase the history. Junk edit, head up his ass that day.

Edited 12 minutes ago by JS20

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 1/11/2021 at 9:35 AM, mcbpete said:

Remember grabbing that one from Rephlex back in the day in a very mulchy low bitrate

ps. Is any lovely person still archiving these, the last one I grabbed from the mega archive was '279 - 1211 - popcorn.flac' from December 2018 (which now seems to be vanished on the mega site) and the archive.org link at the top here seems to be a few behind that one.

Crap, I missed that one. Anyone got more info about that one and whether it is the only one missing from the sheet now?

Spreadsheet is updated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c

Mega is updated, except the filenames don't take 279 Popcorn into account, will need to be fixed when I get up to speed on 2018-2021:

image.png.41c9861003bc6b810bf78dbfc681beba.png

Edited by JS20
  • Like 1

Why not just patch in the missing bit from the soundcloud version of Organ? If you’re feeling fancy you could also analyse the EQ changes and try to replicate the compression and whatnot to make it more seamless. An amateur pro tip!

11 minutes ago, jejunum said:

Why not just patch in the missing bit from the soundcloud version of Organ? If you’re feeling fancy you could also analyse the EQ changes and try to replicate the compression and whatnot to make it more seamless. An amateur pro tip!

Would've been easier to just not mutilate the track. But yea, taking the original SC upload and fixing the track it myself is well within the realm of possibility. Someone had to do that with the botched Analord WAV too.

On 2/13/2021 at 1:21 PM, JS20 said:

.  RDJ totally ruined the continuity of the piece, not sure why he had his head up his ass that day, but he did. I wish he would have ruined someone else's favorite SC track, since he insisted on ruining ONE.

You make it sound like he personally broke into your house and deleted he track he previously gave away for free.. just listen to the sc track. Like you're really raising the bar of entitled fandom here m8

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, markedone said:

You make it sound like he personally broke into your house and deleted he track he previously gave away for free.. just listen to the sc track. Like you're really raising the bar of entitled fandom here m8

I never said anything about being entitled to anything, I'm just taking the piss. Lighten up a little!

• Haha 1

I wonder if Richard starts to comment on his tracks after some certain listens.. 

His boxenergy4remix1 is on 19.4K listens now and maybe he start answering after 20 K listens. 

entitled fandom boy no.1 

I'm a bit late it seems. Currently downloading the 290 original files download of archive.org. At awesome 500 kByte/s which is like 1/70 of my bandwidth. ? Hoping for some gems. Was basically disappointed post Windowlicker.

Edited by WurstPLUS

52 minutes ago, WurstPLUS said:

I'm a bit late it seems. Currently downloading the 290 original files download of archive.org. At awesome 500 kByte/s which is like 1/70 of my bandwidth. ? Hoping for some gems. Was basically disappointed post Windowlicker.

yeah there are gems for sure, some of his best stuff is in that soundcloud dump. be prepared for lots of filler though.

also were you actually disappointed with drukqs? analord? the tuss?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 2:51 PM, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

also were you actually disappointed with drukqs? analord? the tuss?

Yes. Drukqs is his last CDs I bought. IDK, liked only very few tracks. Just remember Vordhosbn... Analords, wasn't a fan of RDJ going acid. Tuss idk at all. It's just that I moved on after Windowlicker. Oh and its glorious video... He was big fun, big bang, big innovation and trolling until then... hehe wonderful Ventolin beep, but then.. Wait, Rubber Johnny video was great.

I'm no expert past Windowlicker, just moved on. It's possible I just did not spend enough time with later tracks. Same what I did to Ae Quaristice (+EPs).

Edited by WurstPLUS

1 hour ago, WurstPLUS said:

Analords, wasn't a fan of RDJ going acid

RDJ is Acid:)

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WurstPLUS said:

Yes. Drukqs is his last CDs I bought. IDK, liked only very few tracks. Just remember Vordhosbn... Analords, wasn't a fan of RDJ going acid. Tuss idk at all. It's just that I moved on after Windowlicker. Oh and its glorious video... He was big fun, big bang, big innovation and trolling until then... hehe wonderful Ventolin beep, but then.. Wait, Rubber Johnny video was great.

I'm no expert past Windowlicker, just moved on. It's possible I just did not spend enough time with later tracks. Same what I did to Ae Quaristice (+EPs).

Can't tell if trolling

i feel like i've grown to prefer this format over the traditional album format: ie, just having a gigantic folder with a few hundred completely unsorted tracks from one artist in it... and having most of it not be "album" sounding material either, but rather a bunch of raw demos, unfinished stems, uncharacteristic oddities, alternative mixes, tracks that are literally just samples of stock drum machine sounds. it feels more alive to me somehow, more organic, more musically inspiring. a finished album is a little too static to my ears now, it's like something that got frozen in amber

but yeah all that to say i've been pretty into the SC dump material lately after not listening to afx/classic warp much for the last few years (aside from the cheetah ep, that disc is fockn dope)

• Like 5

Why does RDJ like so many strange Brittish old boring programs? No offence or so but is this really kind of intresting? 

Edited by cern