IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

1 hour ago, hayhook said:

also just noticing. on the Aphex Warpstore. Penty Harmonium has been renamed to "QKThr"...

always been like that. in 2001 the CD issues had a badly hand-written tracklist, and the vinyl issues had nice typeface track lists on the center labels. there are a few slight differences and that's the one track with two different names.

the 2018 digitals have a third set of slight differences - "prep gwarlek 3b" is called "prep gwarlek 36". and it's possible this was always the correct name, and people were just misreading the CD insert...

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

just to be clear, this means there are three versions of Mangle 11:

• Mangle 11 (Circuit Bent VIP Mix) - the 5:55 version from Rephlexions! released in 2003
  • Mangle 11 (Circuit Bent VIP Mix Promo Edit) - the 3:03 edited version on the Rephlexions! promo, released 2003
  • Mangle 11 - released in 2018 as a bonus track on the Drukqs digital reissue

and the 5:55 version has just been uploaded to soundcloud.

Maybe crystal clear to others, but care to elaborate, how the bleepstore version is supposed to be different from the Rephlexions version? It is even 5:55 long. So no matter how much I am counting my fingers I get only those two version released on rephlexions.... Listening to this music is so confusing.

there are three versions because the 2003 Rephlexions! version is a "Circuit Bent VIP Mix" and the one on Drukqs is, apparently, the original mix. they're structurally different.

there's some talk about the recent Soundcloud upload being a "different master" to the same track on Rephlexions but it's best to ignore it. just very tiny pixely changes in a waveform that could be explained by all kinds of things.

4 hours ago, Dragon said:

just to be clear, this means there are three versions of Mangle 11:

• Mangle 11 (Circuit Bent VIP Mix) - the 5:55 version from Rephlexions! released in 2003
  • Mangle 11 (Circuit Bent VIP Mix Promo Edit) - the 3:03 edited version on the Rephlexions! promo, released 2003
  • Mangle 11 - released in 2018 as a bonus track on the Drukqs digital reissue

and the 5:55 version has just been uploaded to soundcloud.

Never knew that there was a promo edit.

15 hours ago, Dragon said:

there are three versions because the 2003 Rephlexions! version is a "Circuit Bent VIP Mix" and the one on Drukqs is, apparently, the original mix. they're structurally different.

there's some talk about the recent Soundcloud upload being a "different master" to the same track on Rephlexions but it's best to ignore it. just very tiny pixely changes in a waveform that could be explained by all kinds of things.

Listened to them side by side and imo were exactly the same. Didn't spot any structural difference whatsoever. Dunno then. :shrug:

• Thanks 1

ohhhhhhh kay. my mistake, both of those versions are actually the same. i didn't have my FLACs in front of me when i wrote this. i used to think the Drukqs version was different to Rephlexions! but that's probably because i was used to listening to the edited version.

so there are two versions of Mangle 11, with the second being an edit. "Circuit Bent VIP Mix" apparently doesn't mean anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2021 at 3:14 PM, DucksOpinion said:

Damn! would love to get hold of the edit...

I have the physical copy (CD) I got off ebay. At the time I didn't know it was an edit, and then was blown away years later to find out there was a longer version. The short version is essentially just the longer one with a section cut out, or maybe the whole ending cut off. Can't remember but the long version is nicer.

On 3/13/2021 at 5:09 PM, Utter Ninja said:

Is this not included in the archive and mega links? 

I've got an mp3 if someone can update them

Where'd this come from? I don't recall this track (but I am old)