Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

user18081971 at 1:50: @user18081971: my dad was so kind, always noticed if there was someone in the room who maybe wasn't as happy as everyone else, whereas others might be drawn to the ma

When I got my covid test today at work i noticed the metal pulldown aphex collapse sticker on the guys computer who was checking me in we got to talking about aphex and I said are you o

Posted Images

Is the Mangle track the same on Drukqs as on "Rephlexions! An Album of Braindance!"?

2 hours ago, cern said:

Is the Mangle track the same on Drukqs as on "Rephlexions! An Album of Braindance!"?

No, I think the Rephlexions version is an edited one.

My Rephlexions has that unedited version. I thought it was included to every version, until bumped into that shorty a year or two ago.

• Like 1

just to be clear, there are two versions of Mangle 11:

• Mangle 11 (Circuit Bent VIP Mix) - the 5:55 version from Rephlexions! released in 2003
  • Mangle 11 (Circuit Bent VIP Mix Promo Edit) - the 3:03 edited version on the Rephlexions! promo, released 2003

the 5:55 version was also released in 2018 as a bonus track on the Drukqs digital reissue, titled "Mangle 11". and this version has also just been uploaded to soundcloud.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 6
  • Farnsworth 1

so, when you download Mangle from the Aphex Warpstore, It is labeled as track 34 but when you dl and play it, it is designated as 35?

has anyone dl'd the whole album from the warpstore and seen if there's just a mis-numbering or if there's a bonus track in there somewhere?

also when listening to the warpstore and the soundcloud versions next to each other, I don't hear any differences... 

can anyone point to extra___ or missing___ from one to the other at any points in the track?

or is there just slight "mastering" differences (as per the slight variances between the two spectrometer images...)?

7 minutes ago, hayhook said:

also when listening to the warpstore and the soundcloud versions next to each other, I don't hear any differences... 

can anyone point to extra___ or missing___ from one to the other at any points in the track?

or is there just slight "mastering" differences (as per the slight variances between the two spectrometer images...)?

no compositional differences. waveform looks the same when zoomed out. i was just speculating about it being a different mastering.

1 hour ago, hayhook said:

also just noticing. on the Aphex Warpstore. Penty Harmonium has been renamed to "QKThr"...

always been like that. in 2001 the CD issues had a badly hand-written tracklist, and the vinyl issues had nice typeface track lists on the center labels. there are a few slight differences and that's the one track with two different names.

the 2018 digitals have a third set of slight differences - "prep gwarlek 3b" is called "prep gwarlek 36". and it's possible this was always the correct name, and people were just misreading the CD insert...

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

just to be clear, this means there are three versions of Mangle 11:

• Mangle 11 (Circuit Bent VIP Mix) - the 5:55 version from Rephlexions! released in 2003
  • Mangle 11 (Circuit Bent VIP Mix Promo Edit) - the 3:03 edited version on the Rephlexions! promo, released 2003
  • Mangle 11 - released in 2018 as a bonus track on the Drukqs digital reissue

and the 5:55 version has just been uploaded to soundcloud.

Maybe crystal clear to others, but care to elaborate, how the bleepstore version is supposed to be different from the Rephlexions version? It is even 5:55 long. So no matter how much I am counting my fingers I get only those two version released on rephlexions.... Listening to this music is so confusing.

there are three versions because the 2003 Rephlexions! version is a "Circuit Bent VIP Mix" and the one on Drukqs is, apparently, the original mix. they're structurally different.

there's some talk about the recent Soundcloud upload being a "different master" to the same track on Rephlexions but it's best to ignore it. just very tiny pixely changes in a waveform that could be explained by all kinds of things.

4 hours ago, Dragon said:

just to be clear, this means there are three versions of Mangle 11:

• Mangle 11 - released in 2018 as a bonus track on the Drukqs digital reissue

and the 5:55 version has just been uploaded to soundcloud.

Never knew that there was a promo edit.

1 hour ago, Consul said:

Never knew that there was a promo edit.

it got me into what.cd :3

• Burger 1
15 hours ago, Dragon said:

there are three versions because the 2003 Rephlexions! version is a "Circuit Bent VIP Mix" and the one on Drukqs is, apparently, the original mix. they're structurally different.

there's some talk about the recent Soundcloud upload being a "different master" to the same track on Rephlexions but it's best to ignore it. just very tiny pixely changes in a waveform that could be explained by all kinds of things.

Listened to them side by side and imo were exactly the same. Didn't spot any structural difference whatsoever. Dunno then. :shrug:

• Thanks 1

ohhhhhhh kay. my mistake, both of those versions are actually the same. i didn't have my FLACs in front of me when i wrote this. i used to think the Drukqs version was different to Rephlexions! but that's probably because i was used to listening to the edited version.

so there are two versions of Mangle 11, with the second being an edit. "Circuit Bent VIP Mix" apparently doesn't mean anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/3/2021 at 3:14 PM, DucksOpinion said:

Damn! would love to get hold of the edit...

I have the physical copy (CD) I got off ebay. At the time I didn't know it was an edit, and then was blown away years later to find out there was a longer version. The short version is essentially just the longer one with a section cut out, or maybe the whole ending cut off. Can't remember but the long version is nicer.

The Amen Andrews on the promo is an edit as well. 

• Like 1

RDJ is so god damn cool. He uploads Mangle 11 (Circuit Bent V.I.P. Mix) for free with hashtag "Business" 

😛 

• Like 2

this has probably been covered already, but what's up with the 3 accounts he follows?

surprised nobody talking about how he's gonna do an NFT of some sort. Melodies from mars?