IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

On 3/30/2021 at 8:07 AM, Ivan Ooze said:

i commented on a soundcloud track years ago if he could ever top yeezus and he answered "yes!"

well it did kinda came true cause the collapse ep is some of his best work imo :catrecline:

you need Daft Punk and Gesaffelstein to top Yeezus, so...:catbed: 

On 3/30/2021 at 1:07 AM, Ivan Ooze said:

i commented on a soundcloud track years ago if he could ever top yeezus and he answered "yes!"

well it did kinda came true cause the collapse ep is some of his best work imo :catrecline:

yes, agree. Love Collapse.

• Like 1

I asked Richard if he remixed "Petter - These Days" but he denied it and never heard it.. I think he actually did a ripoff

HEAR THE DIFFERENCE OF THE SYNTH IN THE BEGINNING

• Like 3

These are just coincidental imo. There's a shitload of music out there.

Prememory is also just a pwm synth run thru a phaser pedal probably. It's not an unique sound. That doesn't make it any less good

7 hours ago, cern said:

Cool track! Thx.

In case people are looking for a digital: Petter has a bandcamp page, but this is not on there. (Haven't heard is other tracks, but will check.) It is available at beatport, however. Other track is also good. Both tracks would fit well somewhere in an AFX dj set, imo.

Don't know about other services. After checking bandcamp, I went to beatport. Which I haven't been to in years. And from the looks of it, nothing has changed around there. Beatport is still pretty much the same as 5 years ago. Much prefer bandcamp, tbh.

• Like 1

When I posted the track to Aphex he said "you got some good shazam in your head" that made me smile!

Petter is really a good techno guy from Sweden.. Love his stuff. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2021 at 11:14 PM, cern said:

I asked Richard if he remixed "Petter - These Days" but he denied it and never heard it.. I think he actually did a ripoff

HEAR THE DIFFERENCE OF THE SYNTH IN THE BEGINNING

correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I spot sample recycling

• Like 2

unlikely, but I guess this could be a coincidence, maybe both Petter and and Richard took a liking to the same Juno preset, or whatever synth that was, in which case would probably be even more painful for Richard to admit.. a preset......... ew

33 minutes ago, tbf said:

unlikely, but I guess this could be a coincidence, maybe both Petter and and Richard took a liking to the same Juno preset, or whatever synth that was, in which case would probably be even more painful for Richard to admit.. a preset......... ew

rdj has used plenty of synth presets, he's not that anal about it

• Like 1

12 hours ago, perunamuusi said:

Aren't  these all just pretty basic sswtooth pads playing a basic 2 chord sequence.  A bit detuned. And run through a phaser?

• Like 1