IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

13 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Are you sure that's not released. It's so familiar! It must be on some release somewhere under a different name. Feels like an ICBYD type of track. But can't be arsed to check

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ  ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ       ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ            ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ               ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ           

?‍♀️????? ????? ?‍♂️

Edited by prdctvsm
ᓚᘏᗢ

On 2/15/2023 at 12:09 PM, Goiter Sanchez said:

Are the playlists for AB6, Surfing On Sinewaves 2, SAW 1.5 etc posted anywhere? Does anyone have them? Just wanting to make playlist files with my local file collection.

i seperated a lot of the SOSW2 trax but here's AB6 & SAW1.5

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was kinda out of the loop for the soundcloud dump. There was something about the plethora of music being put out and the disorganized nature of it that I just felt it best to put it out of my mind for the time being (I know this sounds silly). So what are the essentials that I need to know about? There are RDJ curated playlists for AB6, SOSW2, SAW1.5, SAW3? Please summarize (or Please Message...)

5 hours ago, YELLOW said:

I was kinda out of the loop for the soundcloud dump. There was something about the plethora of music being put out and the disorganized nature of it that I just felt it best to put it out of my mind for the time being (I know this sounds silly). So what are the essentials that I need to know about? There are RDJ curated playlists for AB6, SOSW2, SAW1.5, SAW3? Please summarize (or Please Message...)

Just go to the link you can see on top of this page (the recommended post) and download the whole shabbang. Don't worry about the overload of new tunes. That's part of the experience. You won't regret it!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2023 at 10:52 PM, prdctvsm said:

709cf28b52ba12164ad1a95a368578214497015e

fun fact: the tracks "white blur 1" and "z twig" (last track on side 3, last track on side 4) don't match the 3rd and 4th pie charts on the artwork. they're too short. this must mean they were either heavily edited/shortened, or they totally replaced two other tracks - this would be at a stage when the artwork was already finished.

likely this is to do with the length of the CDs going over 80mins each... still... i would love to know what those tracks were. sometimes i just wanna get into a lucid dream and jam to a long, beat driven, slowly developing version of z twig...

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, cern said:

What is this? 

Are they going to stream the whole set later? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV_kp4_4ZaY&list=PLJPCsZx5VoFpFVTmYLNsf-lHyM_NRPANU

In the youtube description it links to https://abctvshow.live/live2.php?v=????? ???? ????????? ??????? ??? ???????? ???? (????) and sign up for a 7 day trial it seems. I mean if they were truly streaming it I'd give it a go but I will not likely be around later, may be hard to setup capture and I don't know if they will have replays. 

Didn't know where else to put this so might as well dump here. After years of getting used to listening the r&s and AB1 versions of Isopropophlex/Isopropanol, the subtle differences of the comp version sound refreshing. :music:

Neat version :ok:

• Like 3

On 5/3/2023 at 1:17 AM, Dragon said:

fun fact: the tracks "white blur 1" and "z twig" (last track on side 3, last track on side 4) don't match the 3rd and 4th pie charts on the artwork. they're too short. this must mean they were either heavily edited/shortened, or they totally replaced two other tracks - this would be at a stage when the artwork was already finished.

likely this is to do with the length of the CDs going over 80mins each... still... i would love to know what those tracks were. sometimes i just wanna get into a lucid dream and jam to a long, beat driven, slowly developing version of z twig...

The only accurate artwork is the vinyl version...

On 6/12/2023 at 6:56 PM, Joyrex said:

The only accurate artwork is the vinyl version...

nope! same problem. this affects the actual sizes of the pie chart slices, which is the same on all versions. if you look at the pie charts on side 3 and side 4, there's no way the slices for "white blur 1" and "z twig" could be accurate. one hell of a mystery.

do you think those tracks were edited down, or put in place of other tracks?

I would go re-read the interview with Paul Nicholson, who worked with Richard on the SAW II artwork and design.

I'm pretty sure either Paul made it "close enough" without getting too precise, but I am pretty sure the CD/Cassette artwork wasn't changed to reflect the format differences/limitations.

This would make a great YouTube video for WATMM's YouTube Channel... if that existed.

On 6/12/2023 at 2:36 PM, Rubin Farr said:

PBOD

AFX - PHONIC BOY ON DOPE.PNG

This is one of the most fascinating playlists in the sc dump, I love hearing talented artists at their beginning, you can hear Richard’s mistakes, the tape getting eaten, sample overlays and tempo mistakes, it’s really a window into the mind of 18 year-old AFX, you’d never get this kind of honest insight if he was talking about it instead. Same goes for the Lego Feet stuff, the Autechre late 80s mixtapes, and the BOC cassettes. They are kids at home, with minimal gear and budget, trying to do something original.

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I would go re-read the interview with Paul Nicholson, who worked with Richard on the SAW II artwork and design.

I'm pretty sure either Paul made it "close enough" without getting too precise, but I am pretty sure the CD/Cassette artwork wasn't changed to reflect the format differences/limitations.

This would make a great YouTube video for WATMM's YouTube Channel... if that existed.

At a recent talk (hqi, London) Paul Nicholson discussed the creation of the album artwork but couldn't recall if there was a cassette version of SAW II

1543753359_2023-04-2620_38_59.jpg

1626064538_2023-04-2620_43_16.jpg

1763618041_2023-04-2620_45_22.jpg

1384489518_2023-04-2620_40_45.jpg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, grit said:

At a recent talk (hqi, London) Paul Nicholson discussed the creation of the album artwork but couldn't recall if there was a cassette version of SAW II

1543753359_2023-04-2620_38_59.jpg

1626064538_2023-04-2620_43_16.jpg

1763618041_2023-04-2620_45_22.jpg

1384489518_2023-04-2620_40_45.jpg

Marc Weidenbaum's book on the release is also an excellent source of information

• Like 2