IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

People always joked about this happening some day, now it fucking is.

I don't think anyone will be forgetting today.

That guardian review of CCAI that said he was irrelevant now seems hilarious.

That pissed me off, who gives a fuck about relevance? Is the music any fucking good?

Reviewers nowadays seem to have forgotten what the point of a review actually is.

Guest cyphersum

As a long time fan (started in 93), this is just incredible. It's like waiting 20 years for something you knew existed but living with the fact you may not hear it. I'm personally ecstatic.

waiting for that 96-2001 period : ) The sporadic uploading seems like he's trawling through his hard drives as we speak and just uploading whatever sounds good. Or does it seem more likely these were for a boxset?

I ate some wonderful psilocybin the night that this all started to unfold. Needless to say it's been a glorious 72+ hours;)

EhhmmHmmm, make that 96ish hours... Ugh...time on these;0)

..._d-__-b_... . . . . . . . . . . . .

Edited by masterdome

waiting for that 96-2001 period : ) The sporadic uploading seems like he's trawling through his hard drives as we speak and just uploading whatever sounds good. Or does it seem more likely these were for a boxset?

1st idea is my guess

Edited by ieatacid

Can you guys imagine...

...that I was looking for music sounding like early aphex...

...and I was in http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84921-is-anybody-doing-music-similar-to-rdjs-earlier-work/...

...than I went to the official soundcloud...

...and checked account of a guy claiming he made music like early aphex in the 90 not knowing afx...

...and there were 3 tracks that I was looking for...

...and it's fucking getting better and better every hour...

...I think I'll just lie to myself that Richard is releasing it for me.

Yeah exactly !

Let's just hope he won't give up on releasing stuff for the next 10+ years after that. I want to believe that it's just the beginning of something !

As a long time fan (started in 93), this is just incredible. It's like waiting 20 years for something you knew existed but living with the fact you may not hear it. I'm personally ecstatic.

Yes, my sentiments exactly :)

That hits the nail for me. I remember pouring over that aphex discog on hyperreal in 96 dreaming about hearing some of even those releases. This...is just so far beyond even that. I'll be listening to all these tracks for another 20 years.

Same here! I've been a fan since 94/95. This is already making 2015 a better year than 2014 :)

I'm waiting for 2001-3003 era. That, to me was his pinnacle of programming skills (Mangle 11, 2 Remixes By AFX, Smojphace).

Can you guys imagine...

...that I was looking for music sounding like early aphex...

...and I was in http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84921-is-anybody-doing-music-similar-to-rdjs-earlier-work/...

...than I went to the official soundcloud...

...and checked account of a guy claiming he made music like early aphex in the 90 not knowing afx...

...and there were 3 tracks that I was looking for...

...and it's fucking getting better and better every hour...

...I think I'll just lie to myself that Richard is releasing it for me.

Well,I thought about your post when I first saw that guy claiming he made some aphexish music in his 20's... So i'd be really psiched out in your shoes!!!

I'm just in awe at how many tracks he's actually made over the years. Like, say we just looked at 1990 - how many tracks do you think he made that year? 100? 200?? That's like minimum 2 a week! The man is an unstoppable music machine.

Guest cyphersum

That hits the nail for me. I remember pouring over that aphex discog on hyperreal in 96 dreaming about hearing some of even those releases. This...is just so far beyond even that. I'll be listening to all these tracks for another 20 years.

20+ years of wondering unfolding before us now.... damn it's great!!

I feel like I'm 19 again when it was all so new. He's a genius and I'm happy he's sharing it with us all.

I tend to think maybe this is his thank you to us for the CWLP campaign, maybe a realization that his fans truly love his early music etc? He's really opened up over the past year or so too, lots of interviews, responding to people on soundcloud (who would have ever imagined THAT would happen?), and now this?

It's amazing really. :)

I hope this helps people realize that most of the time aphex is not lying in his interviews.

Hear hear. I never quite understood that rep, since alot of the stuff he says checks out. Well, most of it, haha.