IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

im gonna have to do an Aphex marathon when this is all over to re-listen ad fully appreciate all Rich has given us these past few days

LOL some guy said it had a "pump up the jam" feel to it...then he changes the name to pump up the jam mix.

holy shit hahahahaha

LOL. and to think that is what that track will be called till the end of time.

LOL some guy said it had a "pump up the jam" feel to it...then he changes the name to pump up the jam mix.

holy shit hahahahaha

LOL. and to think that is what that track will be called till the end of time.

HAH you're probably right.

yea i bet he doesn't have as much drill and bass-lovelyness just laying around like all of this older polygon/i care/tube/raver gear

either way thank you for the late xmas present

Sorry this is like 20 pages back, but I completely agree, for the same reason that Transformers movies are like 5 hours long. RDJA/Drukqs tracks are like CGI scenes of cities being destroyed, that shit takes forever, you don't put a zillion dollars/tons of time into that and not release it. I dunno this wine is delicious.

yea i bet he doesn't have as much drill and bass-lovelyness just laying around like all of this older polygon/i care/tube/raver gear

either way thank you for the late xmas present

Sorry this is like 20 pages back, but I completely agree, for the same reason that Transformers movies are like 5 hours long. RDJA/Drukqs tracks are like CGI scenes of cities being destroyed, that shit takes forever, you don't put a zillion dollars/tons of time into that and not release it. I dunno this wine is delicious.

:cry:

From Donkey Rhubarb on its been just insane. We are still in the pre-jungle discovery phase but very close. drill n bass here we coooome.

I can't wait... but I'm not expecting more from him thank what he's given us, already. I don't want to get my hopes too high.

Could he be thinking of dropping this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOQBq20UAI

...?

For the true trainspotters...The original version of pump up the jam before it became a pop track....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2bg2n1QWg

I've always loved that track, in all forms. Real music.

a7ad844093.png

i'd love to smoke with rich

If you are anywhere you think you might meet him carry some weed. He asked me if I had a joint when I met him. I didn't and he promptly walked off. lol

a7ad844093.png

i'd love to smoke with rich

If you are anywhere you think you might meet him carry some weed. He asked me if I had a joint when I met him. I didn't and he promptly walked off. lol

ahaha, i'll keep that in mind

i might have missed it but has anybody tried to categorize these by what albums/eps they could be outtakes of? Or what they sound like they belong on, etc

Once richard is done uploading everything we will have more clues. Tracks with the same number in front cannot be from the same compilation. Some also have comments of what year they were from - at first it was all 89-91, now it seems to be 93-94. Those pics from optigram_cinite instagram will be helpful maybe, if he ends up uploading the entirety of any one of those demo tapes (doubt it, and many are mixed in with officially released tracks). For the time being everyone I've seen so far is just ordering them by order of how richard uploaded them, and grouping those by which "burst" of uploads rich did (2 days ago, yesterday, today, maybe tomorrow (crossed fingers))

Then of course theres based on sound... i havent had time to listen to everything, and nobody has had enough time to listen to everything enough to really be able to categorize them. Even on official early releases they often dont seem too categorizable together in any subtle way

Edited by Zeffolia