IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

i might have missed it but has anybody tried to categorize these by what albums/eps they could be outtakes of? Or what they sound like they belong on, etc

Once richard is done uploading everything we will have more clues. Tracks with the same number in front cannot be from the same compilation. Some also have comments of what year they were from - at first it was all 89-91, now it seems to be 93-94. Those pics from optigram_cinite instagram will be helpful maybe, if he ends up uploading the entirety of any one of those demo tapes (doubt it, and many are mixed in with officially released tracks). For the time being everyone I've seen so far is just ordering them by order of how richard uploaded them, and grouping those by which "burst" of uploads rich did (2 days ago, yesterday, today, maybe tomorrow (crossed fingers))

Yeah it would be fun/interesting to try to sort these into EPs/LPs/comps of our own, finish the job that RDJ never managed himself...

Might seem silly but I'd probably enjoy these trax more if they were batched up like conventional releases - huge track dumps are great and all, but can be a bit bewildering!

if Richard is getting into Elektron Analog4 I could see him returning to the style of a lot of these raw/gritty analog synth centric tracks that sound worlds apart from Analord. I hope he does. Not to say its 'easy' to make any of this stuff on an Analog4 but its a lot easier to do tracks like this : https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/2-xame-filtered on a single machine than it was back in 1993/1994

are there people making stuff like this anymore? With all the analog synth retro sounding music right I rarely hear anything this interesting/weird

Edited by John Ehrlichman

I've always had a dream. That dream has been fulfilled today. I had always hoped that Richard would release a bunch of old stuff maybe on a CDR or DVDR. This Soundcloud dump is fucking incredible! I really hope he gets up to the Come to Daddy, Windowlicker, and Drukqs era. If that actually happens I don't know what I'll do. New Tuss tracks OMG and Syrooooooo. I can't believe this is happening! Please don't stop! What is happening? I can't fucking believe my ears right now! THANK YOU RICHARD! MUCH LOVE!

if Richard is getting into Elektron Analog4 I could see him returning to the style of a lot of these raw/gritty analog synth centric tracks that sound worlds apart from Analord. I hope he does. Not to say its 'easy' to make any of this stuff on an Analog4 but its a lot easier to do tracks like this : https://soundcloud.com/user48736353001/2-xame-filtered on a single machine than it was back in 1993/1994

are there people making stuff like this anymore? With all the analog synth retro sounding music right I rarely hear anything this interesting/weird

I'll send you a dl code for my next album when it's done, there are a couple of tracks made with a hardware setup with different components all running through the same filter to mash it all together (actually parts of one track sound a LOT like Squalitude Acid)

Edited by modey

i might have missed it but has anybody tried to categorize these by what albums/eps they could be outtakes of? Or what they sound like they belong on, etc

Once richard is done uploading everything we will have more clues. Tracks with the same number in front cannot be from the same compilation. Some also have comments of what year they were from - at first it was all 89-91, now it seems to be 93-94. Those pics from optigram_cinite instagram will be helpful maybe, if he ends up uploading the entirety of any one of those demo tapes (doubt it, and many are mixed in with officially released tracks). For the time being everyone I've seen so far is just ordering them by order of how richard uploaded them, and grouping those by which "burst" of uploads rich did (2 days ago, yesterday, today, maybe tomorrow (crossed fingers))

Yeah it would be fun/interesting to try to sort these into EPs/LPs/comps of our own, finish the job that RDJ never managed himself...

Might seem silly but I'd probably enjoy these trax more if they were batched up like conventional releases - huge track dumps are great and all, but can be a bit bewildering!

Thats exactly what I'm planning. Doing rudimentary album art for the first batch of tracks now. (the ones that are in the 89-91 era) I'm going to nerd out to the fullest extent with this.

Guest sonnyskare

From Donkey Rhubarb on its been just insane. We are still in the pre-jungle discovery phase but very close. drill n bass here we coooome.

I can't wait... but I'm not expecting more from him thank what he's given us, already. I don't want to get my hopes too high.

Could he be thinking of dropping this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOQBq20UAI

...?

If he made that song, then he probably wouldn't release it on the soundcloud, based on what he's previously done. He played 180_db for years before he officially released it on an album, and we didn't know if he had made 180_db either. However, he's also been playing this track for years, which means we might eventually see it on an album. I think it could have easily fit in Syro, somewhere around PapaT4

Yeah I had the same thought, it'd be easier to listen to them in album length bursts heh

@Joyrex: thank you for this too! I think this might have something to do with the crowdfunding project. Can we download these at high quality on the website after the dump is over? Is that why you need more capacity? Is that why the download section is back? PLEEZZZZZZZZ

From Donkey Rhubarb on its been just insane. We are still in the pre-jungle discovery phase but very close. drill n bass here we coooome.

I can't wait... but I'm not expecting more from him thank what he's given us, already. I don't want to get my hopes too high.

Could he be thinking of dropping this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOQBq20UAI

...?

If he made that song, then he probably wouldn't release it on the soundcloud, based on what he's previously done. He played 180_db for years before he officially released it on an album, and we didn't know if he had made 180_db either. However, he's also been playing this track for years, which means we might eventually see it on an album. I think it could have easily fit in Syro, somewhere around PapaT4

he didn't make that song though.

Guys, I've figured out what the name of the boxset should be: Analogue Bubblebox!

Not that I care though. I just want these trax to see an official release....

Now we just need Wisp to post Hospital Head Ephedrine...pretty sure I'm the only person in the world who remembers and loves that track...

The thing that really comes across through these tracks is how effortless music creation is for him.

Indeed, this will drive me to madness!

He's made alot of tracks, clearly. It sounds like he really did make hundreds upon hundreds, so there's alot to be said for practice!