IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

That (new) Bimbingo track is like discovering hearing a bonus track from The Philosophy of Sound and Machine :braindance: by far the most convincing 'mysterious Aphex-or-not account' so far. Is this a taster for the infamous 'boxed set' Grant told about years ago :)?

Okey is there anyone who was getting the afxafxafxafxafx tracks?? Its gone!

Now is that mystic user48-guy dropping old aphex stylish tunes.. And I must watch some stupid movie with a friend.

Please my fellas, look for more.. Catch em all!

That Quad Rave TEAC track is really f'n good.

It all is, just finished the last track. Really good. Do you buy the 'oh hey we're the same age and I was making tunes just like yours back in the early 90s but didn't know about you then!' story? This person was that good back then and just left the DATs lying around until now before uploading to Soundcloud? And Aphex happens to reply to the comment on SC? Nah

Exactly what I thought

So you guys are saying this is SAW III

https://soundcloud.com/user487363530/parking-lot

'recorded off the radio, the sample..i think..this ones going out to damo, RIP mate your very missed.'

From the Noyzelab interview:

rich: particular period around 94, made in 36 clissold crescent north london, dont think you ever lived there? im sure u went there though?
a lot of mates/mates of mates lived there
memory is a bit hazy/smodged of that decade !-)
I made ICBYD, RDJ, half of SAW2 etc etc there, amazing good times.
dave: yea top vibes, i lived at 36 clissold for a while (about 6 months, well i still had my place in suffolk, so used to flit back & forth…), but was jus after u left an got the bank, late 90′s i tink prob 98 or 99! hazytimez 4 sure! I lived in the tiny room near the door over the stairs, damo got a vid of me setup in there once…

Same one? Also in another noyzelab article about AFX:

it all started when we were on the rephlex tour of turkey / israel / egypt in 2000, me & damo were doing video projections/vj. that was a time! rephlex co-founder grant was asked by Spannered "What are the 3 most cherished memories you hold from 20 years of Rephlex?" one of which was

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

lol is that a janet jackson sample ?

Joni Mitchell I think?

Getting the same kind of fun playful vibes I got from a few of the more surprising tracks on CWLP from these two tracks. Really great to hear this stuff

lol is that a janet jackson sample ?

Joni Mitchell I think?

Getting the same kind of fun playful vibes I got from a few of the more surprising tracks on CWLP from these two tracks. Really great to hear this stuff

yes you're right it was sampled by jackson !

It would be hard for me to imagine any of this coming out as SAW III but a lot of it does sound like more club/dancefloor friendly versions of SAW 85-92 tracks. Unmistakably made on similar hardware setups to music from that time period,

The scream that first appears at 1min12 on Quad Rave and keeps coming up again and again, is the scream on Analogue Bubblebath 4, first track, that keeps coming up again and again throughout the track. Weird hehe.

No one knows how to bypass protection and download those tracks?

the annoying part about places like Fact mining watmm for stories is that they might 'let the cat out of the bag' in a way that actually fucks up the surprise (or potential release). YEah watmm is on the case, but those tracks only still have like 200 listens, so very few people are paying attention.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

The scream that first appears at 1min12 on Quad Rave and keeps coming up again and again, is the scream on Analogue Bubblebath 4, first track, that keeps coming up again and again throughout the track. Weird hehe.

No one knows how to bypass protection and download those tracks?

Don't think that's the same scream from AB4, but I do know it's the same scream that Luke uses in his DJ sets as presets. Luke also did a remix of the original track where the sample is from:

Which is even more proof that it's Aphex behind this, together with all the other clues in the music, the BS backstory and Aphex commenting on it + the fact that Bimbongo was at first Q-Chastic's 002 (but slower) before being deleted after 5 minutes and replaced by a track that sounds like it was made in the same week as 002.