IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

this may be a stupid question since I never owned an 808 but is RDJ using a Roland drum machine with 808 samples in it for a lot of his older tracks? The way those cymbals change pitch can't be done on an actual 808 right?

The scream that first appears at 1min12 on Quad Rave and keeps coming up again and again, is the scream on Analogue Bubblebath 4, first track, that keeps coming up again and again throughout the track. Weird hehe.

No one knows how to bypass protection and download those tracks?

http://bit.ly/1xVfrIn

this may be a stupid question since I never owned an 808 but is RDJ using a Roland drum machine with 808 samples in it for a lot of his older tracks? The way those cymbals change pitch can't be done on an actual 808 right?

yeah probably. in noyze interview he talked about not owning an 808 and using samples on his drum machine. crazy how nice he makes em sound

Guest bitroast

The scream that first appears at 1min12 on Quad Rave and keeps coming up again and again, is the scream on Analogue Bubblebath 4, first track, that keeps coming up again and again throughout the track. Weird hehe.

No one knows how to bypass protection and download those tracks?

Don't think that's the same scream from AB4, but I do know it's the same scream that Luke uses in his DJ sets as presets. Luke also did a remix of the original track where the sample is from:

Which is even more proof that it's Aphex behind this, together with all the other clues in the music, the BS backstory and Aphex commenting on it + the fact that Bimbongo was at first Q-Chastic's 002 (but slower) before being deleted after 5 minutes and replaced by a track that sounds like it was made in the same week as 002.

did anyone manage to grab the track(s?) that were taken down? bimbongo?

There hasn't been anything taken down. He first uploaded that slower Q-Chastic 002 track under the name Bimbongo but replaced it with what it is now after only 5 minutes.

This thread could be of interest for that:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/83182-squidge-in-my-fridge/

43 year old guy. Track called Suzanne. Used to make music back in the 80s as a hobby. Karl Pilkington

I actually laughed out loud.

He used Roland R8. Mike Paradinas mentioned it being used serveral times in his review of Caustic Window LP. I used to own an R8 with the 808 rom card, it definetly makes sense that afx made it on his earlier tracks, ageispolis is a good example.

Edited by Mcdergbit

Am i being trolled by this. I mean it sounds exactly like him, but others are telling me they can't hear it.

WATMM please

I'm no expert, but they immediately sound "right" to me. The ridiculous back story and Herr Jan's notes are quite convincing also.

22 Pearls has pretty much the same drum pattern as track 4 on AB5 and it almost sounds like a little snippet of Q-Chastic right before Original Chaos Riff ends.

Original Chaos Riff also has that bassy Polygon Window drum pattern. I could easily mix Quad Rave TEAC and Humanoid Must Not Escape together.

Guest cult fiction

It's a shame to lump these user487363530 tracks which sound very legit & at the very least were 'recommended' by afx in with the afxafxafxafx ones in this same thread

honestly i think its best no one here makes a new thread drawing too much attention to them. It's fun for now because of the low listen count, once these blow up who knows what will happen (they might all go down like syrobonkers).

Guest cult fiction

I suppose if they did have their own thread there'd be a FACT article up within a day or two and we'd never see any more uploads

I really really like these tracks and overall I'd say at least a few of them are better than cat23 material

Guest bitroast

I suppose if they did have their own thread there'd be a FACT article up within a day or two and we'd never see any more uploads

I really really like these tracks and overall I'd say at least a few of them are better than cat23 material

yeah. i was finding most of them not super spectacular .. but then the Parking Lot track is super sweet and now i'm not too sure.