IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

At this point every time I load the soundcloud page I expect to find a new track, and I'm really disappointed when there isn't one.

TBH it's hard to keep up with this output and get work done. I wish I had the self control to just check in after a few days, when no doubt everything would be catalogued and organized nice and tidy.

But instead I'm all F5 F5 F5

just wanted to second this sentiment. at 64 tracks we're at what? 5-6 albums worth of material i would have probably paid $21.99 for each. i mean, that's a significant chunk of change for me. like, it would be irresponsible and indulgent for me to buy all that.

i'd love to hear what warp thinks of all this. this is tons of money that isn't going to them and is staying with fans. it's an AFX STIMULUS PACKAGE!

You know, just wanted to take a second and appreciate how incredibly generous this is. After such an incredible drought of music (that we know of, at any rate), it's truly mindblowing that Rich has decided to open the floodgates and give us a peek inside the vault. It's even a bigger treat to hear the various versions/stages/developments of tracks - some of these kind of feel like sketches, some of them feel more like fully fleshed tunes. It's like getting a chance to look at the private journals of Keats or something. Absolutely fascinating - not to mention it's like offering a man who has been dying of thirst for a decade an entire lake to imbibe - my belly's gonna burst!

Three fucking cheers for the man. Fucking AWESOME.

Guest trananhhung

I'm overwhelmed. i just hope someone is getting all of this and categorising them and then share them in neat Zip files. Everyone's already wondering why I'm always checking sound cloud here at the office. It's hard to work like this.

"Barbarella on Microdots" - FUCKING LOL

explain?

edit: nevermind. googled.

microdots is acid and barbarella is a space warrior... so like, watching barbarella on acid?

just wanted to second this sentiment. at 64 tracks we're at what? 5-6 albums worth of material i would have probably paid $21.99 for each. i mean, that's a significant chunk of change for me. like, it would be irresponsible and indulgent for me to buy all that.

i'd love to hear what warp thinks of all this. this is tons of money that isn't going to them and is staying with fans. it's an AFX STIMULUS PACKAGE!

You know, just wanted to take a second and appreciate how incredibly generous this is. After such an incredible drought of music (that we know of, at any rate), it's truly mindblowing that Rich has decided to open the floodgates and give us a peek inside the vault. It's even a bigger treat to hear the various versions/stages/developments of tracks - some of these kind of feel like sketches, some of them feel more like fully fleshed tunes. It's like getting a chance to look at the private journals of Keats or something. Absolutely fascinating - not to mention it's like offering a man who has been dying of thirst for a decade an entire lake to imbibe - my belly's gonna burst!

What's very interesting is he chose to release all this at the same time CCAI EP came out... I'm not sure if this is going to hurt or help sales...

I almost wished he had released it all via Bandcamp so we could pay our own price or buy it for a set fee...

what the fucking fuck, my brain can't handle everything here

i just wish he wont remove them for at least a couple of weeks so we can enjoy them properly

amazeballs

what the fucking fuck, my brain can't handle everything here

i just wish he wont remove them for at least a couple of weeks so we can enjoy them properly

amazeballs

shush

I have to say, this is the happiest and most positive I've seen WATMM since I've been around (lurked since mid 2000s, finally created profile during Tomorrows Harvest aneurysm). It's nice to see the good vibes coming out, and rightfully so, given what's transpired here so far.

There's no better time to be an IDM fan. With all the unlistenable garbage that's out on the airwaves these days, it's really been a pleasure to hear the best from the artists we've known and loved (BoC, Plaid, RDJ, etc.)

I've been having a euphoric waves of IDM nerdiness wash over me these past couple years and especially the past couple days. Sounds lame but I'm pretty darn proud to be a part of a group of people who share my interests.

What's very interesting is he chose to release all this at the same time CCAI EP came out... I'm not sure if this is going to hurt or help sales...

I almost wished he had released it all via Bandcamp so we could pay our own price or buy it for a set fee...

But in one of the earlier track comments he said "I hate money"

although I assume at least partially sarcastically

even if he removes them (and im pretty sure he will), fans got so many copies of these it wont be forgotten or lost. why dont you download them anyway, knowing afex can take them off? isnt it also more convenient to listen them on PC in order you like etc...

PS: 1 p string is fantastic

fuck new song

Edited by Mag